ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR from Tier-1 General with Dependant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

electronicsensation
Newly Registered

ILR from Tier-1 General with Dependant

Post by electronicsensation » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:56 am

Hi,

First of all thanks to all the gurus here to make it a very useful resource!

I got my initial Tier-1 (General) visa in November 2009 and then extended it again in November 2012. My wife joined me in the UK in 2008 and she applied as PBS Dependant same time as me. Now finally we are going to apply for ILR and booked an appointment for me and my wife for 22nd of November, 2014 in Birmingham early in the morning.

The documents I have attached with my ILR application are:

1. Application form SET(O), both of us are using the same application form.

2. For english language I have got my degree from aberdeen and sent it with my initial Tier-1 (General) application in 2009 so I don't need to send any proof but still I am attach it. My wife has passed B1 exams and certificate is attached.

3. Life in the UK test, we both passed it this June and test results are attached.

4. Attached my salary slips and bank statements from November 2013 to October 2014 (12 months) plus a salary certificate from employer.

5. P60 for last 5 years to show my economic activity.

6. Absences from UK are just 91 in total and were paid annual leaves, I attach employer letter confirming dates and reasons.

7. I maintain my own account and wife's account although there was no requirement!

8. Attached all previous passports for me and my wife.

9. Attached BRP for both me and my wife. Form asked for exact date when we provided finger prints but I cant remember whether it was 22nd or 23rd November 2012? unfortunately I did not keep any receipts from post office, Is it a problem??? if yes what should I do? just leave the spaces blank or explain it on the form?

10. For cohabitation council tax letters, UKBA letters, driving licences, Birth certificates of my both kids (2009 & 2012), tenancy agreements, utility bills. Some of them contains both our names and others are individually addressed.

11. 2 photographs of both of us.

Is there any thing that I am missing?

Few questions:

1. From my wife point of view all she needs to provide is her passports, BRP, cohabitation proof, Life in the UK test result, English language certificate? Any thing else?

2. What about her absences from UK? Is that something that I must provide?

3. For our absences from UK, which were all personal and 91 in total, shall we provide any documentation like tickets etc?

Thanks in advance!

Malik44

Re: ILR from Tier-1 General with Dependant

Post by Malik44 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:47 pm

electronicsensation wrote:Hi,

First of all thanks to all the gurus here to make it a very useful resource!

I got my initial Tier-1 (General) visa in November 2009 and then extended it again in November 2012. My wife joined me in the UK in 2008 and she applied as PBS Dependant same time as me. Now finally we are going to apply for ILR and booked an appointment for me and my wife for 22nd of November, 2014 in Birmingham early in the morning.

The documents I have attached with my ILR application are:

1. Application form SET(O), both of us are using the same application form.

2. For english language I have got my degree from aberdeen and sent it with my initial Tier-1 (General) application in 2009 so I don't need to send any proof but still I am attach it. My wife has passed B1 exams and certificate is attached.

3. Life in the UK test, we both passed it this June and test results are attached.

4. Attached my salary slips and bank statements from November 2013 to October 2014 (12 months) plus a salary certificate from employer.

5. P60 for last 5 years to show my economic activity.

6. Absences from UK are just 91 in total and were paid annual leaves, I attach employer letter confirming dates and reasons.

7. I maintain my own account and wife's account although there was no requirement!

8. Attached all previous passports for me and my wife.

9. Attached BRP for both me and my wife. Form asked for exact date when we provided finger prints but I cant remember whether it was 22nd or 23rd November 2012? unfortunately I did not keep any receipts from post office, Is it a problem??? if yes what should I do? just leave the spaces blank or explain it on the form?

If you paid by using bank card than check out previous bank statement and try to find out date otherwise leave it blank shouldn't be any problem if they need to ask they will ask over the window.

10. For cohabitation council tax letters, UKBA letters, driving licences, Birth certificates of my both kids (2009 & 2012), tenancy agreements, utility bills. Some of them contains both our names and others are individually addressed.

11. 2 photographs of both of us.

Is there any thing that I am missing?

Print out of email for booking confirmation and
PDF payment sheet

Few questions:

1. From my wife point of view all she needs to provide is her passports, BRP, cohabitation proof, Life in the UK test result, English language certificate? Any thing else?

No

2. What about her absences from UK? Is that something that I must provide?

Not required

3. For our absences from UK, which were all personal and 91 in total, shall we provide any documentation like tickets etc?

No

Your case is very well prepared wish you best of luck ,

Thanks in advance!