ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR HELP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sam8487
Newly Registered

ILR HELP

Post by sam8487 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:06 pm

hi there,

seeking for some help reg. ILR rules:-

I came here(UK) in the year 2006 on student visa

2006-2008 on student visa.

wife came on dependent Visa in 2008.

2008-2011 on student visa(Got Extension).

2011 wife got tier1 visa for 2 year (till 2012).

I went back to home country (with a remaining of 4 months valid student visa) to change from student to tier1 dependent and was approved.

2013 extension approved for next three year (2016).

I like to know that can I apply for ILR on Long Residency Basis before my wife final tier1 finishes?, as my 10 year will finish a month before my wife tier1 visa expire or before she qualify for ILR?.

looking forward for some advice.

thanks
Sam

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: ILR HELP

Post by physicskate » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:20 pm

You can - and that could be a wise move! There are no dependents allowed to apply on the same application, so it would be wise for your wife to apply in her own right when she is eligible under Tier 1.

Others can comment on your eligibility purely as a dependent of your wife's Tier 1...

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: ILR HELP

Post by UKBALoveStory » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:16 am

I like to know that can I apply for ILR on Long Residency Basis before my wife final tier1 finishes?, as my 10 year will finish a month before my wife tier1 visa expire or before she qualify for ILR?.
You can, but It depends upon your circumstances. If your wife qualifies for ILR based on SET(O) rules, then there is no point in applying for yourself on 10 years basis as SET(o) is easy.
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.