ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - How Long Does It Take To Process On Average?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

carrspaints
Newly Registered

ILR - How Long Does It Take To Process On Average?

Post by carrspaints » Fri May 13, 2011 5:18 pm

Hi everyone, really need some advice here. Does anyone know roughly how long it takes to have an ILR application processed? This is for my wife who is Colombian....all of the data we were aksed to submit should tick all of the UK Border Agencies boxes.

The reason I need to know is that we had a holiday already booked prior to applying for ILR. We are supposed to fly out 29th May, we sent off our ILR application next day delivery on the 26th March & received a letter from the UK Border Agency dated 7th April saying they had received it and the application had been passed to a case worker.

I am aware that it can take 6-months or so for an ILR application to be processed. Can anyone confirm if 6-months is the norm, or if this can happen within 6-weeks? Really worried as we can't cancel or change holiday - we will lose everything. If anyone has any ideas or experience, I would be grateful to hear. Thanks

kunald

Post by kunald » Fri May 13, 2011 5:43 pm