ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Interview letter for me and my spouse.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

knigh7

ILR Interview letter for me and my spouse.

Post by knigh7 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:06 am

Hello,

We have just got an email from HO requesting with the following, has anyone gone through this? it further says in the letter that we will be asked questions separately. Has anyone gone through this? what questions do they want to ask?
I am writing regarding your application for further leave to remain in the United Kingdom.

We are currently considering your application and would like you and your spouse/partner to

attend an interview which has been arranged for:

tier1o

Re: ILR Interview letter for me and my spouse.

Post by tier1o » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:34 pm

Knigh7

Please more details, when did you apply? and what was your previous leave?
More information about your history would help the readers.
What documents you provided etc?

knigh7

Post by knigh7 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:24 pm

Hello,

I provided all the documents needed, proof of address (in my name and her name and in each of our names separately), bank statements, I am self employed, so I sent them company information, company bank accounts payment slips ect.

1- I had Tier 1 and my wife had a dependent visa (she was in Syria when we married and she got the visa from the UK Embassy There)
2- I then got ILR about 2 years ago and then she got a spouse visa
3- Last year I got my British Citizenship and we applied for her ILR in December

Thanks,

knigh7

Post by knigh7 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:30 pm

I have emailed them and this is what they said, still puzzled!!!!!
I also asked if they needed any further documents and they said no.
You and your spouse have been invited to interview to allow more information to be gathered on your application. The information you and your spouse supply at interview will be used alongside the details supplied in the rest of your application to reach a decision.

ahmedabdullah
Newly Registered

Post by ahmedabdullah » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:27 am

Hello
i have been in these kind of interviews.
but in my case it taken in the court room.
my case went into court for some reason and my wife was giving evidence as well.
They will check if THE MARRIAGE is genuine or not.
it does not matter how much documents you have given.
now in these case it will happen is they will have certain set of question.
They will take the question from your application wageslips and your wife bankstatement wage slips
where she worked when did she started when did you started where is your office etc.
they will ask you each and every detail and then they will varify these details.
what time do you leave the house what time do you come etc
Do not forget any dates at all.
I was ever asked the names of the people who were in my weddings and who were witness.
i am not going into specific question. just telling you how it works and what you could face.
where is your wife family address brother sister what they do etc.
it will be a long interview.
when they finished they will call your wife and tell you to sit in the side quietly or you might have to leave the room.

i might be wrong but just prepare yourself. Do not forget any dates please.

knigh7

Post by knigh7 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:39 pm

Thank you very much for the info.

It is very strange, I have asked around and have done a search here and on the internet, could not find any other examples of people getting a similar letter as ours.

awara
Newly Registered

Post by awara » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:14 am

Hi
I am in same boat as u , have been called for an interview in April with my spouse , they gonna check if the marrige is geniune or not . Have applied for ilr under set m

knigh7

Post by knigh7 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:14 pm

Have you been to the interview? how was it?
Did they tell you the reason? the letter we got was standard and non specific

pelen23

Post by pelen23 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:01 pm

knigh7 wrote:Have you been to the interview? how was it?
Hi there, there are other post about getting a letter and interviewing couples. They will most likely interview you separately and ask you questions about your relationship and your home ect to make sure it is a genuine marriage.
- some questions describe the marriage ceremony
-what did you do last Christmas?
- religious beliefs of your partner
-even describing the Spam ect.

knigh7

Post by knigh7 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:05 pm

pelen23 wrote:
Hi there, there are other post about getting a letter and interviewing couples. They will most linki interview you separately and ask you questions about your relationship and your home ect to make sure it is a genuine marrige.
Can you please show me a few link, i have done a search and could not find any, I have even done a google search.

pelen23

Post by pelen23 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:35 am

knigh7 wrote:
pelen23 wrote:
Hi there, there are other post about getting a letter and interviewing couples. They will most linki interview you separately and ask you questions about your relationship and your home ect to make sure it is a genuine marrige.
Can you please show me a few link, i have done a search and could not find any, I have even done a google search.
Follow the link

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 1-960.html

I am surprised that you can't find any information. Even expat forum had the same topic marriage interview. Are you going to Liverpool for the interview?

knigh7

Post by knigh7 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:50 pm

Its in Vulcan house in Sheffield, its silly as we have a 5 years old and she is pregnant. Also as I am a contractor, I have to not work on that day, in total with hotel/train and missing a days work I am losing £600.

knigh7

Post by knigh7 » Wed May 06, 2015 7:52 am

Here is an update, my wife got the ILR, Thank you all for all your help.

We went to Sheffield for the interview, they took both of us to the room and explained that they will interview us separately. My wife was talking to them through an interpreter. They asked her to go to the waiting room and they started the interview with me first, mine took about 40 minutes and it was more of a discussion while the interviewer was writing everything I said and my wife was about 1 hour with the same questions.

We were lucky as they asked me first, I was driving the discussion in the hope that they ask my wife about the extra info I provided (which I knew my wife knows) so for example I told them about the fact that she works for my company as an admin, they wrote it down and they asked her that question.

Here is some of the questions

Can you confirm all your addresses, now here I told them of all the addresses, and I told them that my wife will probably refer to the addresses by the main street it was near or the house near XX restaurant (I even wrote its name in the interviewees note). They asked me about the dates I moved in and moved out and why (for example the landlord wanted his flat back, we needed a bigger flat). They asked my wife the same question and she confirmed the addresses some with what my wife usually refers to them, she also confirmed the dates and why we moved.

They asked me if I have been on Holiday, we have not, so I told them we have not been on holiday, explaining that the reason we did not go on holiday in the past few years was because we are saving to buy a house and I told them on the status of the house purchase. My wife also confirmed this with them. We also said that we go on mini holidays here in the UK on long weekends ect. My wife confirmed that same and she also confirmed the house purchase status as well. I did tell them about two business trips I did and about my wifes trip to her country to see her family. I told them the reason I did not go was because I was working as a contractor on a daily rate and we could not afford to lose a weeks worth of work. My wife confirmed the same.

They asked me about my employment history, I told them about the companies I was working for and I told them that if they ask my wife, she will not know all the companies I worked for as I am a contractor however she will know the areas/tube stations where I was working as she used to visit me. They asked my wife the same question and she did refer to my work places by areas/tube stations

In the discussion I told them that I am self employed though my company, and my wife works for me as an admin, she takes care of my receipts, paper work and office at home. They then asked my wife about what work she does and she confirmed the same.

They separately asked us about our children and date of birth and where they were born ect.

They separately asked about my family and what my Parents do for a living, what type of business ect.

They separately asked about how we met, when I proposed, how we got married and since we had an Islamic marriage I told them about the names of our two witnesses, my wife did the same.

They separately asked about where she was living at the time and again, I gave them the name of the town and then said to them that my wife may refer to it as xxx or xyz.

They me about how she obtained her visa and how she applied in the first, I described the way we applied, embassy names and cetern names as well as how long it took, my wife said the same.

Thanks All

knigh7

Post by knigh7 » Wed May 06, 2015 8:04 am

Also, there is a post of facebook with a lot of questions that we found very helpful, I do not think I can link to it, so you can google "Marriage Interviews – UK BA Liverpool facebook" and you will see it

AcrossBorders

Post by AcrossBorders » Wed May 06, 2015 12:16 pm

Congratulations and thanks for the detailed update, this will definitely help others in future.