ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR @ Liverpool

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mk357
Member of Standing

ILR @ Liverpool

Post by mk357 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi everyone. I have learned a lot from this forum so thought I would share my experience with the members now. I booked an appointment by phone in Nov, and the only appointment availale at that time was at Liverpool (main applicant + 2 dependants). I went with my wife there at around 8:25am the appointment was at 9:00am. Fortunately we were the first to get there. After security check, I was called for the initial checking of the form. The lady gave me another number and asked me to wait for the payment. In another 5 minutes I was called at the payment counter. After payment, another 10 minutes wait and I was called by the case officer. When I gave my application she checked the category I was applying under (HSMP JR), she confirmed that from me. After which she picked a hand written paper among many others probably checking the list of supporting documents. Surprisingly, she asked me what supporting docs would I like to submit. I said I have wage slips, bank statements, P60s for all 5 years. She said thats enough and if I need anything I would call you. After a long wait of about 45-50 minutes she called me again to clarify something and then asked me to wait for another 10-15 minutes. After which she called me and told me that my application has been successful and I would get my passports in 40 minutes. All in all the experience was good although the wait was extremely anxious / depressing specially after 40 minutes. I could see her taking my passport to another CW and then typing a letter on the computer and taking printouts of that. I thought it was a rejection letter.
The last month bank statement (Dec) was a printout signed and stamped by the bank which I pointed to her and she said its fine. The reason for that was that I didn't receive my Dec statement until the appointment day. Barclays was very reluctant to give me a printout with stamp and signature but when I explained the situation to the Branch Manager he said he would made an exception for me this time but clearly said not to come again for such request as he would send such statement by post only.
I took many other documents with me like (1) employers letter, (2) cohabitation documents etc but was never asked for any other document.
By the way I only took my wife with me not child. They never even asked me about my wife and she was just sitting in the sitting area all the time. I think the PEO is not interested in the dependants visit.
Good luck to you all