ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Long Residence - Please Help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mehr
Newly Registered

ILR Long Residence - Please Help

Post by Mehr » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:19 pm

I have had a gap in my stay in the summer of 2009 from August to October as I was not able to get the documents in Due to some problems in the country I am from. I had explained this matter to the UKBA at the time hence the Grant of Leave. I went on and completed 10 years (in 2015) of lawful residence and got the FLR (LR). Then I went and passed the Life in the UK exam to get the ILR under the same category and applied in June 2015 it was refused bringing up the excuse of the gap which was previously mentioned and then tackled. I’m deeply distressed and saddened because of this treatment. I have appealed and waiting for the hearing and have been waiting for more than 8 month now. Is there anything that can be done? Please help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Long Residence - Please Help

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:51 pm

I have deleted the multiple posts you have made in very old threads and split your question to its own thread. Please see Multiple Posts (Click). Also, please do not dig up old threads and tag your question onto all of them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:08 pm

You will need to wait for the outcome of the appeal.

When you say gap in visas, can you list your full immigration/visa history and if all were applied for inside the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mehr
Newly Registered

Post by Mehr » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:18 pm

Hello thank you for getting back. The visas were all applied in the UK , expet the first one in 2004 which was issued in the british embassy In Tehran.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:33 pm

Can you provide a full immigration history

So something on the lines of visa/leave to remain from month/year to month/year, etc.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:34 pm

If you don't list each visa and dates, how is anyone suppose to understand why you say you have a 'gap'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Mehr
Newly Registered

Post by Mehr » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:42 pm

The issue is not the history of my visas, the issue is, I have been granted leave under the 10 years of lawful residence in april 2015 and when I went to apply for ILR under the same category of 10 years of lawful residence it was refused. I prefer not to open my life history on the internet

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:46 pm

gap in my stay in the summer of 2009 from August to October
No one will be able to help and advise you if you are not prepared to give us some information. We are not mind readers and cannot possibly understand your circumstances from the very limited information you have provided.

If you have a 3 month gap between visas, then we will have to assume that HO was correct in refusing your ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Mehr
Newly Registered

Post by Mehr » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:48 pm

The issue is not the history of my visas, the issue is, I have been granted leave under the 10 years of lawful residence in april 2015 and when I went to apply for ILR under the same category of 10 years of lawful residence it was refused. I prefer not to open my life history on the internet

Mehr
Newly Registered

Post by Mehr » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:51 pm

pay attention to the 10 years of lawful residence issued leave in 2015.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:55 pm

applied in June 2015 it was refused bringing up the excuse of the gap which was previously mentioned and then tackled.
This appears to be the reason for the refusal.
granted leave under the 10 years of lawful residence in april 2015 and when I went to apply for ILR under the same category of 10 years of lawful residence
This is unlikely to be the reason for refusal if you submitted everything on Set(LR). The application for FLR(LR) is just part of the step towards Set(LR), so not sure what you mean by 'pay attention to'. I don't play guessing games or try to solve riddles.

You chose to post your question on a public forum on the 'internet' and we are trying to help you but need a bit more information. If you choose not to at least give some detail, then I suggest you find an OISC advisor and pay the ridiculous fees for someone to help you.

If the real reason was a gap in visas, it is unlikely you will succeed in the appeal.

Last post on this, am out of this one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:03 pm

Just for the benefit of anyone else who chooses to post, please also see below post from Feb 2015.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... l#p1148764
Mehr wrote:
vinny wrote:When did these issues happen?
I have actually been refused an application of ILR of continuous residence because 548 days of absence was calculated( some of the days of arrival or departure was included in their calculation ) without them days it would be 539.
I'm not given right to appeal ,I have been advised with JR was and a pre action letter to be send soon , but for some reason the solicitor is stalling not much time left . What shall i do???

Please Help ,Anyone
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:04 pm

Mehr wrote:I have had a gap in my stay in the summer of 2009 from August to October as I was not able to get the documents in Due to some problems in the country I am from. I had explained this matter to the UKBA at the time hence the Grant of Leave.
According to this you were granted limited leave to remain in the UK. Unclear under which category this was at the moment.
Then I went and passed the Life in the UK exam to get the ILR under the same category and applied in June 2015 it was refused bringing up the excuse of the gap which was previously mentioned and then tackled.
It comes back to the gap you stated above. With the limited information shared around the circumstances of the gap, I don't think anyone will be able to advise whether that constitutes a break in your continuous residence for Indefinite leave to remain. Note that the ILR residence requirement is not something that comes into play when applying for limited leave to remain, which is what your previous applications appear to have been. The rules and requirements are different.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:05 pm

Hold on CR001...polishing the crystal ball..... :roll:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Casa wrote:Hold on CR001...polishing the crystal ball..... :roll:
It is polished and gleaming, but still not giving me the info :wink: :shock:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Mehr
Newly Registered

Post by Mehr » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:43 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
Mehr wrote:I have had a gap in my stay in the summer of 2009 from August to October as I was not able to get the documents in Due to some problems in the country I am from. I had explained this matter to the UKBA at the time hence the Grant of Leave.
According to this you were granted limited leave to remain in the UK. Unclear under which category this was at the moment.
Then I went and passed the Life in the UK exam to get the ILR under the same category and applied in June 2015 it was refused bringing up the excuse of the gap which was previously mentioned and then tackled.
It comes back to the gap you stated above. With the limited information shared around the circumstances of the gap, I don't think anyone will be able to advise whether that constitutes a break in your continuous residence for Indefinite leave to remain. Note that the ILR residence requirement is not something that comes into play when applying for limited leave to remain, which is what your previous applications appear to have been. The rules and requirements are different.
It was an application of FLR LR (10 years of lawful residence) which was granted in april 2015.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:52 pm

Mehr wrote:It was an application of FLR LR (10 years of lawful residence) which was granted in april 2015.
Ok, not a path that I was familiar with but looked it up.
https://www.gov.uk/long-residence/apply-to-extend
As one of the moderators has indicated FLR LR is a step towards ILR under the LR route.

I've also just seen the other topic link above where you have stated the HO have miscalculated your absences & that you believe that's the reason for the HO ILR refusal.

No one will be able to comment on whether the HO calculation is accurate or not, as you haven't shared your absence details. The absences that applied to your ILR application would be counted from the date of that application. Whereas the absences for the FLR LR application would be counted from a different date, prior to that. They are independent applications from what I understand, though it may be true that one paves the way to the other.

I realise you are hesitant to publish personal details, but may be you'll consider posting the exact refusal text - removing any personal details for anyone to comment further.