ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR-more than 180 days absences for pregnancy related treatm

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

IndianConsult
inactive

ILR-more than 180 days absences for pregnancy related treatm

Post by IndianConsult » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:14 pm

I have absences of more than 180 days in one year for my wife's treatment (pregnancy related).

I came to the UK on Tier 1 (General) Visa on 31st July 2010. My wife had been taking private treatment in India since 2004. We made frequent trips to India for the treatment.

I had to go India from Apr-12 to Nov-13 (19 months) as travelling to India frequently became difficult.

During this time, she unfortunately suffered two miscarriages (at about 25 weeks of gestation) and underwent 4 surgical operations.

We came back to the UK in Nov-13 and by the God's grace we now blessed with a baby girl who was delivered in the UK.

I have all medical documents and summery letter from our Doctor in India.
We also have a letter from the NHS doctor who managed my wife's delivery in the UK. The NHS letter does mention the medical challenges.

Sep-10 to Oct-11 = 35 days ( vacation+treatment. Paid UK during this period)
Sep-11 to Oct-12 = 135 days ( treatment visit 45 days - was paid fully in the UK + not paid for 105 days)
Sep-12 to Oct-13 = 365 days (wife was taking treatment in India. Was not paid in the UK)
Sep-13 to Oct-14 = 100 days (treatment visit - was paid in the UK for 25 days and not for 75 days)
Sep-14 to Oct-15 = 10 days vacation

I clearly do not meet requirements and it will be up to discretion of Sr. Case Worker to decide if reasons compelling and compassionate.

I have Tier 1 General Visa until March-18 and I think I stand better chances if I apply early 2018. However I prefer if I can get it earlier.

Do you about any such cases and the result thereof?
Any idea if absences for pregnancy/infertility treatment are considered?
Do you know if any solicitor who has good success in ILR with absences of more than 180 days?

Thanks.