ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Need your help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kumar2a1
Newly Registered

ILR - Need your help

Post by kumar2a1 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:06 pm

Hi Friends,

I am on Tier1(General) since 2009 and got 2 extentions.
Planning to apply for ILR this month (end of June 2016) taking 5 years back to application date in May 2011.
I am in permanent employment since 2011 and I have total of 63 days holidays outside of the UK within 5 years.
I need help in the doubt as follows:
. Out of 63 days of absence I had 6 days of unpaid leave approved by the employer. Please guide if that can cause any issue. ( My employer can provide the complete breakdown of paid and unpaid holidays for my tenure with the organisation).

Also I wanted to share one update as I am applying after 6th April 2016,where PBS is unavailable and as Tier1(General) applicants already have proved their knowledge of English Language in their first entry. For my query whether we need to verify our certificates with UK NARIC,I have received response from DMCCroydon@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk----
"Please be informed that, If Home Office has previously accepted a degree qualification as meeting the requirements for an earlier application, and leave was granted, Home Office will not need to see additional confirmation from UK NARIC. If the qualification has not previously been used for an immigration application, you must obtain confirmation from UK NARIC that it meets the relevant criteria.
There is no option on settlement forms to confirm that you have used this qualification for an immigration application previously. You will need to tick the box for the information below under Knowledge of language and life in the UK section.

• An academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom.

You are advised to send a covering letter to explain that this qualification was accepted for your previous application."

Please guide me for unpaid absence.

Cheers,
kumar

cruis

Re: ILR - Need your help

Post by cruis » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:11 pm

I think unpaid won't be a problem as long as you are under 180 days limit.

And degree is also fine however pls check with UK NARIC and HO again and again

Cheers

Victor77
Newly Registered

Post by Victor77 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:19 pm

unpaid absence is fine as long as it didnt affect your gross income (if the absence falls into the claiming period)

kautya

Post by kautya » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:12 pm

Where was your degree earned that you had used for Tier 1 Gen ? If it was within the UK then no need for NARIC.

salimisaf
Newly Registered
India

Post by salimisaf » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:47 am

Dear kumar2a1,
Thanks very much for checking with the Home Office regarding english language test requirement for already proven candidates. And for posting the email extract. In the same boat, for language and unpaid leaves.

What I have learnt from the forum, FAQs and guidelines is, this should not be a problem. However, if in any year you have more than 30 days leaves, then you would need an employer's letter.