ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Moonmoon
Newly Registered

Re: ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs c

Post by Moonmoon » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:56 am

Hi Swats
Nothing heard back. What about you? Any kind of contact from them at all?
I can not see any update from anybody from this category.

Saga

Post by Saga » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:07 pm

All of you guys waiting because of UKBA incompetence, did you request your passports/BRPs back ?

Surely, no one can just leave it like that. What about refund of the PEO fee?

Shahbaz121
Newly Registered

Post by Shahbaz121 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:51 am

hi, guys,

today i got my visa :) after waiting 6months 18days....finally bit relief :D ......so guys keep ur finger cross and i hope everybody will get very soon....thanx for all ur support and catch u later :lol: :lol: :lol:

sajjuz

Post by sajjuz » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:06 pm

Congrats Shahbaz
Did they refund you the extra amount that was charged for premium service?

Shahbaz121
Newly Registered

Post by Shahbaz121 » Fri May 01, 2015 12:24 am

sajjuz wrote:Congrats Shahbaz
Did they refund you the extra amount that was charged for premium service?

No, they have not refund premium charges.....and I don't know whether you claim it or not....I don't think they will refund it....???? Thanx alot @sajjuz
Does anybody know how to get refund for premium service charge....????

amannan
Newly Registered

Post by amannan » Fri May 01, 2015 8:17 pm

Congrats Shahbaz!!

jollyjolly
Newly Registered

Post by jollyjolly » Sat May 02, 2015 9:11 pm

Hi All,

My husband applied for ILR (Tier 1 General 5 year route) today through Premium service, Croyden but unfortunately his application was withheld for further enquiries.Looking at the timelines here it looks like its a 4-6 month wait. Will this effect the dependant visa if we do not hear from UKVi before my visa expires in July. As I did not apply for apply ILR along with my husband will I still be able to work after my visa expires?Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance..

askhan

Post by askhan » Sat May 02, 2015 10:40 pm

Hi Jolly,

Sorry to hear the application deferred, can you please tell if your husband has complex immigration history or did he applied as self employed or Fully Employment.

You can file the application for T 1 PBS Ext. before the expiry but it might take time if the main applicant did not receive his approval.

Hope for the best, One more thing to guess, as you applied on saturday which is always sound tricky because most of the offices where HO called for confirmation might not able to answer or don't have enough resources. So it could be a pure luck. I wish your husband get his approval ASAP.

Please do share about employment history.

Thanks
Akbar
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

jollyjolly
Newly Registered

Post by jollyjolly » Sun May 03, 2015 1:01 am

Thanks askhan for your reply.He applied as Director of limited company.How can I apply for extension of Dependant when his ILR application is withheld?

askhan

Post by askhan » Tue May 05, 2015 9:40 am

I hope you will hear the decision soon, but its much better to apply with a covering letter and explaining the details of your husband outstanding application then get your visa expired without applying.

Its very safe to send the application, as if the visa is expired but the docs are with HO you will still considered as legal.
Kind Regard,
A.Khan

jollyjolly
Newly Registered

Post by jollyjolly » Wed May 06, 2015 12:55 pm

Thanks askhan. I would send my application before visa expiry

jollyjolly
Newly Registered

Post by jollyjolly » Wed May 06, 2015 12:56 pm

Does anybody have timelines for recent deferred applications as earlier it was taking too long? Did it get any better or is it still the same timeline of 6 months?

Human

Post by Human » Tue May 12, 2015 10:50 am

I am also in the same boat. Premium appointment in croydon on May 7. After 2.5 hours of waiting , case worker handed me a letter stating further checks to be made.

I had only 50 days out of Uk days in total. I am permanently employed as well. So I was not expecting it.

askhan

Post by askhan » Tue May 12, 2015 10:58 am

Human wrote:I am also in the same boat. Premium appointment in croydon on May 7. After 2.5 hours of waiting , case worker handed me a letter stating further checks to be made.

I had only 50 days out of Uk days in total. I am permanently employed as well. So I was not expecting it.
Hi Mate .

Sorry to hear for such time and money waste exercise, can you please advise more about your immigration history.

1. Was you degree from UK ?
2. Were you solely EMPLOYED all these 5 years
Kind Regard,
A.Khan

jollyjolly
Newly Registered

Post by jollyjolly » Tue May 12, 2015 10:59 am

Thats strange !!! As it was a working day, all checks could have been made on the same day.What time was your appointment?

Human

Post by Human » Tue May 12, 2015 11:31 am

Thanks askhan & jollyjolly .

The appointment was at 12 o clock. It is a Tier1 ILR . I haven't studied in UK & my degree certificate is from home country . But they would have already checked my degree in my entry clearance. I have submitted both IELTS certificate (expired one used for entry clearance) & Original degree certificate.

I worked with the first company for 1 year and 4 months . It was permanent employemnt and 3 months worked as IT contractor by starting own company in London & the next 3 months were unemployed and has been working for the the second company on permanent employmentfor last 3 years.

When I went for the initial Tier 1 extension , I had both payslips from my first company & documents from Self employed . As I had enough points from permanent employemnt itself, caseworker granted me extension by considering only permanent employement without checking the self employed documents as he said it might need to be verified by another team and will take more time. Has this an issue now ?

askhan

Post by askhan » Tue May 12, 2015 12:14 pm

Human wrote:Thanks askhan & jollyjolly .

The appointment was at 12 o clock. It is a Tier1 ILR . I haven't studied in UK & my degree certificate is from home country . But they would have already checked my degree in my entry clearance. I have submitted both IELTS certificate (expired one used for entry clearance) & Original degree certificate.

I worked with the first company for 1 year and 4 months . It was permanent employemnt and 3 months worked as IT contractor by starting own company in London & the next 3 months were unemployed and has been working for the the second company on permanent employmentfor last 3 years.

When I went for the initial Tier 1 extension , I had both payslips from my first company & documents from Self employed . As I had enough points from permanent employemnt itself, caseworker granted me extension by considering only permanent employement without checking the self employed documents as he said it might need to be verified by another team and will take more time. Has this an issue now ?

HI Mate.

2 amber flags.

1. Home country degree
2. Self employment for a while

Regardless of your current situation it has been seen and viably visible the HO is strictly scrutinising all the application which has a hint of self employment, the handshake between HMRC and HO was occurred somewhere in 2013 late, which why they now have full view on taxation and returns submitted to HO.

It's a requirement for HO to verify every tax year, and there might be great chance that it took longer than usual to get the confirmation.

As long as the amount you have claimed and the tax have been paid on it. You are good to go.

It might take months instead of hours, but you will get the response.

So hope for the best.

Thanks
A
Kind Regard,
A.Khan

Human

Post by Human » Tue May 12, 2015 3:04 pm

Thanks for your views askhan. We can only speculate now. My employemnt history is genuine and all with reputed companies , it won't raise flags normally. I think it is something else.

Thank you all for your help. keeping fingers crossed.

Human.

Human

Post by Human » Fri May 15, 2015 10:56 am

Called them today . The status is "Not Complete". It seems the case is in the freezer.

It is only been a week now. Not sure when should I write a letter to the MP. With redundancies looming in the company ( Company is going through a business transformation) , Incase I am made redundant , It will be impossible to get another job with out passport & visa.

Can I write to our MP siting these issues ? Or Is it too early as my premium appointment was only on 7th May .

punksnotdead80
Newly Registered

Post by punksnotdead80 » Mon May 18, 2015 4:03 pm

Hi
I applied on May 1st for ILR with three dependants with Premium Service.

Case worker told me that my application is valid and no issues but further enquiries to be made on my wifes english language requirments(took reading and listenting from Pearson entery level 3 - ESOL).

I was working as contractor for whole 5 years and self employed.

Am still waiting for the decision.

When I try to call 0300 123 2241 - option 3 - option 2, few of them gave the status of my application. Others, will just tell to wait for 6 months.

I think Home Office is very unfair with premium service applications, and we need to have a petition so that Home Secretary knows about it whats going on inside HO.

What do you say guys?

punksnotdead80
Newly Registered

Post by punksnotdead80 » Mon May 18, 2015 4:04 pm

I applied at Croydon.

Tahakhan
Newly Registered

Post by Tahakhan » Mon May 18, 2015 5:33 pm

Hi,
Just a quick question did unsubmit entire 5 years tax return or did u keep a record of them.?

Moonmoon
Newly Registered

Post by Moonmoon » Mon May 18, 2015 10:08 pm

Our application is also on hold from PEO for further enquiry
We have been waiting for last almost 7 months, can not think of anything that could take this long to verify.

Done Master's degree from UK university

Tier 1 initial application employed + self employed (All tax paid).
Tier 1 extension - Fully employed (All tax paidi)
ILR application - fully employed (All tax paid)

No Criminal Conviction

So think of US, waiting is painful and can not plan anything for life!!!

Saga

Post by Saga » Tue May 19, 2015 9:58 am

punksnotdead80 wrote:Hi
When I try to call 0300 123 2241 - option 3 - option 2, few of them gave the status of my application. Others, will just tell to wait for 6 months.
What sort of 'status' did they tell you? Did they inform what's happening your application or what sort of checks they are doing?
I think Home Office is very unfair with premium service applications, and we need to have a petition so that Home Secretary knows about it whats going on inside HO.

What do you say guys?
Has anyone started a petition or official complain or anything? No body will listen to us unless we raise a cry about it.

jollyjolly
Newly Registered

Post by jollyjolly » Tue May 19, 2015 10:15 am

I wonder whether this pick and choose of PEO applications for further enquiries happening mostly in Croyden?