ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

punksnotdead80
Newly Registered

Re: ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs c

Post by punksnotdead80 » Tue May 19, 2015 5:01 pm

@Tahakhan : I took all the tax paid documents,but they did not ask me.

@moonmoon - sorry to hear that buddy.

I think, i will also fall in the same.

@Saga: When I call them they just say in progress.

Today, I lost a new contract opportunity because the client need a letter which should tell visa will be issued.

So am just worried about new contract.

Moonmoon
Newly Registered

Post by Moonmoon » Tue May 19, 2015 9:44 pm

Hi punksnotdead80
I know it is hard to get a new job or new contract while you do not have papaer in hand but do not lose hope, keep trying. What do you do? I mean what skills area are?

I pray for you!!

Human

Post by Human » Wed May 20, 2015 11:41 am

The most sensible thing for anybody who waited for more than 2 months is to write to your MP. I don't think it is possible for us to petition Home office.
We can think about FOI (Freedom of Information) request seeking clarifications on the process and timelines for deffred application. It is unfair to treat deffered applications as postal application. Ideally all other casework except the further enquiry should have been finished in premium appointment day itslef. They can't justify a single further enquiry taking 6 months. They should refund us additional premium charges if the case crosses a milestone like 2 months. We can seek request them for a policy change. But I am not sure how policy changes are requested.

Human

Post by Human » Fri May 22, 2015 7:21 am

Got a call from caseworker on Wednesday that ILR is granted.I collected documents yesterday from Croydon. So it took only 9 working days.
Thanks for your help. All the best for guys still waiting,

askhan

Post by askhan » Fri May 22, 2015 8:08 am

Human wrote:Got a call from caseworker on Wednesday that ILR is granted.I collected documents yesterday from Croydon. So it took only 9 working days.

Congrats mate.. very unusual that you received a call, I never heard they call and inform the good news to anyone. and instead of posting the document they have asked to come and collect.

Thanks
A
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

jollyjolly
Newly Registered

Post by jollyjolly » Fri May 22, 2015 1:02 pm

Human wrote:Got a call from caseworker on Wednesday that ILR is granted.I collected documents yesterday from Croydon. So it took only 9 working days.
Hearty Congratulations Human! Thats great news. Did they give you an option for receiving documents by post or asked you to collect in person?

Human

Post by Human » Fri May 22, 2015 2:05 pm

Thank you guys. All the best for all of you.Those who are waiting more than 2 months should approach via their MP. I think the delay is good news in one way. The chances of rejection is really slim after such a long delay. Yes. she asked whether it needs to be posted or am ready for collection. I opted the later.

Tahakhan
Newly Registered

Post by Tahakhan » Mon May 25, 2015 10:21 am

What r chances of deferring the case on sole trader self employment and employment combination?

Moonmoon
Newly Registered

Post by Moonmoon » Mon May 25, 2015 3:06 pm

Hi All
We have got ILR after waiting very long 7 months, feeling big relief. I hope you all guys waiting for the decision will receive your one soon.

Thank you everyone for your support!!

jollyjolly
Newly Registered

Post by jollyjolly » Mon May 25, 2015 7:47 pm

Moonmoon wrote:Hi All
We have got ILR after waiting very long 7 months, feeling big relief. I hope you all guys waiting for the decision will receive your one soon.

Thank you everyone for your support!!
Wow! Great news, Hearty Congratulations MoonMoon :D

Did you receive documents by royal mail on bank holiday today?

Moonmoon
Newly Registered

Post by Moonmoon » Mon May 25, 2015 7:58 pm

Hi
I applied with law firm and they received over the weekend. I just collected today.

Saga

Post by Saga » Wed May 27, 2015 8:51 am

Moonmoon wrote:Hi
I applied with law firm and they received over the weekend. I just collected today.
Hi Moonmoon,

Congratulations.

Did the HO give any hint about what checks were they doing on your application? like on the cover letter or something? or Did they told anything to your lawyer?

I say, do not let them off the hook so easily and using Freedom of information request, try to get more info. They atleast owe this much !!

punksnotdead80
Newly Registered

Post by punksnotdead80 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:34 pm

Hi Guys,
Today I have received my ILR approval letter and all other documents. Exactly they took 1 month to take decision for premium service application.

At this point all I can say is Gud Luck and Trust in God for those who are waiting.

Regards
V

jollyjolly
Newly Registered

Post by jollyjolly » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:57 pm

punksnotdead80 wrote:Hi Guys,
Today I have received my ILR approval letter and all other documents. Exactly they took 1 month to take decision for premium service application.

At this point all I can say is Gud Luck and Trust in God for those who are waiting.

Regards
V
Hearty Congratulations, How did you receive your documents? Was it recorded delivery? Did they call you to notify the decision?
Sorry for too many questions.We have been waiting for a month now.

punksnotdead80
Newly Registered

Post by punksnotdead80 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:58 pm

Received documents through recorded delivery. Actually, I never expected. I prepared myself to wait for 6 months.

jollyjolly
Newly Registered

Post by jollyjolly » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:07 pm

punksnotdead80 wrote:Received documents through recorded delivery. Actually, I never expected. I prepared myself to wait for 6 months.
Thanks for the update :)

swats_1315
Newly Registered

Post by swats_1315 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:56 pm

Hi All,

Got my BRP today after a very long wait of 8 and half months. Documents yet to arrive.

Applied for ILR using premium service at Croydon on 18th September, and after couple of hours was given a further enquiry letter. No communication from HO for 8 and half long months and today i received my BRP card.

For all those who are still waiting, I just would like to say don't loose hope. It has been really hard but, when I saw the BRP in my hands it just took away all the stress and made me forget those miserable sleepless nights.

Good Luck for all those who are still waiting.

Thanks for the members of this forum, its gives a hope for people like me. Keep up the good work.

jollyjolly
Newly Registered

Post by jollyjolly » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:28 am

Hearty Congrats Swats, I know its really stressful to wait but it looks like they are processing all the pending applications now.

jollyjolly
Newly Registered

Post by jollyjolly » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:47 am

Hi all,

As my husband's PEO ILR application is withheld for further enquires and its been 45 days and we havent heard anything yet,

and my leave as Tier 1 dependent is expiring next month, Can I send postal application for ILR dependent quoting my husband's case

reference number or should I apply for FLR(M) to extend my leave until he gets his decision?

Seniors please suggest.

Many thanks in advance.

askhan

Post by askhan » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:56 am

jollyjolly wrote:Hi all,

As my husband's PEO ILR application is withheld for further enquires and its been 45 days and we havent heard anything yet,

and my leave as Tier 1 dependent is expiring next month, Can I send postal application for ILR dependent quoting my husband's case

reference number or should I apply for FLR(M) to extend my leave until he gets his decision?

Seniors please suggest.

Many thanks in advance.
Hi Mate.

Yes you can send your application by post, make sure you mentioned the with held status of husband application and the letter your husband received at the PEO.

hope this helps.

THanks
A
Kind Regard,
A.Khan

jollyjolly
Newly Registered

Post by jollyjolly » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:56 am

askhan wrote:
jollyjolly wrote:Hi all,

Seniors please suggest.

Many thanks in advance.
Hi Mate.

Yes you can send your application by post, make sure you mentioned the with held status of husband application and the letter your husband received at the PEO.

hope this helps.

THanks
A
Thanks askhan, I have travel plans and cannot wait for so long as my application would also go on hold as my husband's application is withheld. Can I apply for FLR(M) and go ahead with my travel and come back to apply for ILR again?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:03 am

jollyjolly wrote:Thanks askhan, I have travel plans and cannot wait for so long as my application would also go on hold as my husband's application is withheld. Can I apply for FLR(M) and go ahead with my travel and come back to apply for ILR again?
If you apply for FLR(M) by post :

1) you have to send your passport so not sure how you will travel and this application will also be put on hold till your spouse ILR application is decided as you don't qualify for FLR(M) until spouse is granted ILR and;

2) applying on FLR(M) will reset your ILR clock and you will have to wait a further 5 years before you can apply for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jollyjolly
Newly Registered

Post by jollyjolly » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:27 am

CR001 wrote:
jollyjolly wrote:Thanks askhan, I have travel plans and cannot wait for so long as my application would also go on hold as my husband's application is withheld. Can I apply for FLR(M) and go ahead with my travel and come back to apply for ILR again?
If you apply for FLR(M) by post :

1) you have to send your passport so not sure how you will travel and this application will also be put on hold till your spouse ILR application is decided as you don't qualify for FLR(M) until spouse is granted ILR and;

2) applying on FLR(M) will reset your ILR clock and you will have to wait a further 5 years before you can apply for ILR.
Thanks for your reply CR001. Sorry I dint get the second point, I am already eligible for ILR as dependant, why would my clock get reset if I apply for FLR(M)?

askhan

Post by askhan » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:51 pm

Hi Jolly,

When you apply FLR (M) it will reset the clock to 0 and you have to start from square 1, and I am sure you dont like to stay on visa for 5 more years.

I think staying over here is the only option, postponed your holiday if you can.

Hope this helps
Kind Regard,
A.Khan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:59 pm

jollyjolly wrote:
CR001 wrote: 2) applying on FLR(M) will reset your ILR clock and you will have to wait a further 5 years before you can apply for ILR.
Thanks for your reply CR001. Sorry I dint get the second point, I am already eligible for ILR as dependant, why would my clock get reset if I apply for FLR(M)?
Because switching to FLR(M) means a new 5 year route under Appendix FM and the rules that came into effect on 9th July 2012 and you will not be able to make up the 5 years with a combination of residence of PBS dependent and FLR(M). This would only be possible for ILR based on 10 years long residence.

You should have applied with your spouse as then you would have both been covered while the applications are in process. As you know, you will only qualify for ILR based on your current visa if your spouse is successful with his ILR application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.