ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

misspvivas
Newly Registered

Re: ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs c

Post by misspvivas » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:04 pm

I mean the tax declaration

moonstar9823
Newly Registered

Post by moonstar9823 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:48 pm

naeemanwar wrote:I apply for ILR on the basis of LR.
Visa Officer ask me we need some tax information because my current status is tier 1 General.
I have three or four papers to submit but he says thats not enough we need complete record for last five years.
I submitted my P60 and SA302 myself in PEO centre and now its almost 10 days waiting.
Any body got any idea how long it takes and what documents they may need in future so i can arrange well before.

Thanks
May I know if you have got any rely and what is the reply. Did you got ILR

naeemanwar
Newly Registered

Post by naeemanwar » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:42 pm

Hi
I receive my ILR Biometric card today after 3 days of reception of my passports.
Thanks God
it relief ..

UK007
Mood:

Post by UK007 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:33 pm

Hey, My SET (LR) application was deferred @ Croydon PEO on 25/11/2015, due to not having my original passports with me. Passports are with HO as I have a FLR(FP) pending.

I know some people will say, I shouldn't have went to PEO. I took my risk. I had copies of passports, Original LIUK certificate & Original UK degree certificate for Language requirements. But case worker called me & told me she can't take a decision as she doesn't have my original passports. I aksed her how long that might take, she told me she isn't sure about that, depends on how long FLR(FP) department takes to send my passports to Croydon ! £400 wasted for nothing ! Now hope they will atleast process the application asap as the wait is killing me....

Rey2015
Newly Registered

Post by Rey2015 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:08 pm

Dear Mates,

# My case is T1(general), entry clearance was from out of UK(2010)+ extension within UK(2012). Now Applied for SET(O) ILR after 5 years.
# I went to Croydon for premium service on 23/10/2015 with 2 dependants, my wife and my child. after 5 hours waiting they provided me a letter telling need further investigations.
# the CW called me 3 times for clarifications but didnt ask for any additional documents in that same day.
# I am partially salaried and big chunk of my income comes from the dividend from my limited company. # Limited company income is not categorised as self-employed by HMRC but HO sees it as self-employment. so in that case i am salaried and self-employed in the same time.
# I have declared and paid the tax including corporation tax of the time I had the extension, (it was 2y+3y) and the current year i havent yet declared with HMRC as there is still time till April 2016 but submitted a forecast tax return for HO understanding.
# I have submitted all my client invoices for making my case more strong. apart from that i have submitted all regular docs like tax return, dividend vouchers etc.

My questions are:
1) is there any time frame for result in Premium service cases or it just like others, upto 6 months?
2) is there any chance they can call for an interview? am scared of. I have found cases of interview on T1(general) extensions, but no clue for settlement cases. any idea???
3) if i call HO, will they let me know the current status?
4) is there any chance they can write to my clients for verification?
5) with the letter HO provided, will i be able to seek for new job, as there is nothing much details written?

I am having sleepless nights and it is way too much to take. I will be glad if someone responses my queries.

jimtoole
BANNED

Post by jimtoole » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:15 pm

Rey2015 wrote:Dear Mates,

# My case is T1(general), entry clearance was from out of UK(2010)+ extension within UK(2012). Now Applied for SET(O) ILR after 5 years.
# I went to Croydon for premium service on 23/10/2015 with 2 dependants, my wife and my child. after 5 hours waiting they provided me a letter telling need further investigations.
# the CW called me 3 times for clarifications but didnt ask for any additional documents in that same day.
# I am partially salaried and big chunk of my income comes from the dividend from my limited company. # Limited company income is not categorised as self-employed by HMRC but HO sees it as self-employment. so in that case i am salaried and self-employed in the same time.
# I have declared and paid the tax including corporation tax of the time I had the extension, (it was 2y+3y) and the current year i havent yet declared with HMRC as there is still time till April 2016 but submitted a forecast tax return for HO understanding.
# I have submitted all my client invoices for making my case more strong. apart from that i have submitted all regular docs like tax return, dividend vouchers etc.

My questions are:
1) is there any time frame for result in Premium service cases or it just like others, upto 6 months?
2) is there any chance they can call for an interview? am scared of. I have found cases of interview on T1(general) extensions, but no clue for settlement cases. any idea???
3) if i call HO, will they let me know the current status?
4) is there any chance they can write to my clients for verification?
5) with the letter HO provided, will i be able to seek for new job, as there is nothing much details written?

I am having sleepless nights and it is way too much to take. I will be glad if someone responses my queries.
As long as your tax affairs in order they have no reason to reject. So dont worry and wait for your ILR to come that shall come with in 30 days.
Its hard to beat a person that never gives up.

Rey2015
Newly Registered

Post by Rey2015 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:06 am

Dear All,
we (me and my dependants) received ILR biometric card yesterday after 40 sleepless nights. havent yet received our passports and other documents submitted to HO. Thanks for all the support.

rafiangel2001
Newly Registered

Re: Successful PEO/PSC ILR applications

Post by rafiangel2001 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:19 am

Just thought I should share my experience here for all would be applicants to know as I was enlightened from posts here prior to my own application.

Went for the ILR at Belfast premium centre. Was previously on Tier 1 General and also registered as Self-employed. It was a pleasant experience in general. However, I was not given a decision same day as further evidence was requested from an application I made in 2010 wherein I combined earnings from outside UK.

So my advice would be-
Firstly make sure your record with HMRC is correct for whatever period you have used a self assessment earning. The Home office basis their decision on the evidence supplied by HMRC.

Secondly, if possible have all your previous documents at hand in case if they request for it.

In my own case, the case worker that recorded my details in 2010 did not differentiate between foreign and UK earnings and as such, the new case worker did not want to base any decisions based on word of mouth and I was given 14 days to supply proof of employment from my previous employers that I used in my 2010 application.

Luckily, I was able to request for those information and also provided a bank statement where the money was paid into as further proof. Addressed the document to the case worker using next day delivery and I got a call the following day informing me of the positive news that my application has been granted.

Wishing you all a fabulous new year and all the best in your applications

pawankumar2k1
Newly Registered

Post by pawankumar2k1 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:46 am

Moonmoon wrote:Our application is also on hold from PEO for further enquiry
We have been waiting for last almost 7 months, can not think of anything that could take this long to verify.

Done Master's degree from UK university

Tier 1 initial application employed + self employed (All tax paid).
Tier 1 extension - Fully employed (All tax paidi)
ILR application - fully employed (All tax paid)

No Criminal Conviction

So think of US, waiting is painful and can not plan anything for life!!!
Hey Moonmoon - Any update on your case ?

Did you got ILR ?

SureShot

Post by SureShot » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:25 pm

Hi everyone

Can someone who has received ILR approval confirm what the start date of the ILR is.

- Is it from the date of your eligibility? i.e. 5 years after entry
- is it from the date of ILR application?
- Or is the date they process your application

Asking this since processing could take a long time in some cases and can potentially delay the date you become eligible for citizenship.

Thanks a lot and all the best to everyone awaiting a decision.

Cheers
SS

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:35 pm

ILR begins on the date of approval at PSC, not sure of postal applications.

You can apply for citizenship only after one year on ILR

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:40 pm

SureShot wrote:Hi everyone

Can someone who has received ILR approval confirm what the start date of the ILR is.

- Is it from the date of your eligibility? i.e. 5 years after entry
- is it from the date of ILR application?
- Or is the date they process your application

Asking this since processing could take a long time in some cases and can potentially delay the date you become eligible for citizenship.

Thanks a lot and all the best to everyone awaiting a decision.

Cheers
SS
The date that the ILR visa is issued. Unless married to a British citizen, BC can only be applied for 12 months from the ILR issue date which is when you are considered to be no longer under Immigration control.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

SureShot

Post by SureShot » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:47 pm

argus7 wrote:ILR begins on the date of approval at PSC, not sure of postal applications.

Casa wrote: The date that the ILR visa is issued. Unless married to a British citizen, BC can only be applied for 12 months from the ILR issue date which is when you are considered to be no longer under Immigration control.
Thanks a lot for the replies @argus7 and @Casa

I understand that BC can only be applied for after 1 year on ILR.

Was not sure when the ILR period would begin on a postal or a deferred application.

My thinking was that If the application is successful the ILR should start from the application date regardless of how long it takes to process the application. Since that is when you become eligible for ILR.

Thanks for clarifying.

Cheers.

go2zoo
Newly Registered

Post by go2zoo » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:03 pm

SureShot wrote:
argus7 wrote:ILR begins on the date of approval at PSC, not sure of postal applications.

Casa wrote: The date that the ILR visa is issued. Unless married to a British citizen, BC can only be applied for 12 months from the ILR issue date which is when you are considered to be no longer under Immigration control.
Thanks a lot for the replies @argus7 and @Casa

I understand that BC can only be applied for after 1 year on ILR.

Was not sure when the ILR period would begin on a postal or a deferred application.

My thinking was that If the application is successful the ILR should start from the application date regardless of how long it takes to process the application. Since that is when you become eligible for ILR.

Thanks for clarifying.

Cheers.
Applied in Nov 2015, sent additional documents tax returns end of Nov 2015 and since have been waiting for an outcome. Does anyone know how long it normally takes for them to do additional checks and decide on the case? I applied at Sheffield PCO premium service.
Please reply?

go2zoo
Newly Registered

Post by go2zoo » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:05 pm

flyingmachine wrote:Even my decision was put on hold by case worker.

I have applied for ILR on Sept 10th at Shieffield peo. I am a directory of my own limited company. submitted payslips and dividend vouchers. along with that submitted all business statements. corp tax payments and also SA302's but still put on pending.

Letter said:
Your application is valid. But we need to do further checks on your tax payments with hmrc. ....etc

Please do you guys any ides. Please help me?

-Flying machine.

Did you receive any decision on your application. I had applied on Nov 2015 and still no outcome? Please reply

thiruuk

Re: Successful PEO/PSC ILR applications

Post by thiruuk » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:52 pm

rafiangel2001 wrote:Just thought I should share my experience here for all would be applicants to know as I was enlightened from posts here prior to my own application.

Went for the ILR at Belfast premium centre. Was previously on Tier 1 General and also registered as Self-employed. It was a pleasant experience in general. However, I was not given a decision same day as further evidence was requested from an application I made in 2010 wherein I combined earnings from outside UK.

So my advice would be-
Firstly make sure your record with HMRC is correct for whatever period you have used a self assessment earning. The Home office basis their decision on the evidence supplied by HMRC.

Secondly, if possible have all your previous documents at hand in case if they request for it.

In my own case, the case worker that recorded my details in 2010 did not differentiate between foreign and UK earnings and as such, the new case worker did not want to base any decisions based on word of mouth and I was given 14 days to supply proof of employment from my previous employers that I used in my 2010 application.

Luckily, I was able to request for those information and also provided a bank statement where the money was paid into as further proof. Addressed the document to the case worker using next day delivery and I got a call the following day informing me of the positive news that my application has been granted.

Wishing you all a fabulous new year and all the best in your applications

Hi congratulations for getting Ilr. how did you do your first tier 1 general... Is all your foreign earnings made by staying out side UK or in the UK? have you declared to Hmrc. Please share your experience will be very helpful
tHiRu

edxperts
Newly Registered

Post by edxperts » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:02 pm

Hi

I need some expert advise

im the main applicant and have one dependent (wife) applied for my ILR SetO premium service on 20th Feb 2016.
I have been in UK for 5yrs under Tier 1HSMP, first and second extn i was employed by same company (private college). then 2 months after my second extension i registered as self employed and started working for two colleges at the same time. i do it applications for them. both of them dont have UKVI licence but one is doing govt funding for UK/EU students and other doing online education (like moocs)

i have submitted all the valid documents. after 3hours of waiting Caseworker gave me a letter stating all the documents are valid but they want to do further enquiries.

if anyone had the similar situtaition. please advise what enquiries it could be? and how long it may take to get the result.

Anticipated Thanks

martinstroke

Post by martinstroke » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:21 pm

Hi,

Seeing from your post that you were registered for self employment, did your total earnings declared during your PEO appointment include any from your self employment, and have you received any of your past visas based on self employment as well.

This is evidently one of the few reasons why the HO are not giving instant decisions pending checks with other agencies, as can be seen from similar posts.

You can only hope and wait that you have a positive outcome.

edxperts
Newly Registered

Post by edxperts » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:54 pm

Hi martinstroke

Thanks for your response

Yes, my total earnings for the claim period was from self employment only. my past visa was on employment(payroll). i have submitted P60s for 3yrs and Selfemployment tax retuns and SA302 for last 2yrs.

My earnings was not same for all 5yrs, but im meeting the requirements

Thanks

martinstroke

Post by martinstroke » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:12 am

Hi Edexperts,

I don't think there is any need for you to fret or panic. I think you will be fine and what PEO did you apply at. Also as long as what you have declared to the HMRC tallies with what has always been disclosed to the UKVI, then it should be smooth sailing.

Thanks

sharoon
Newly Registered

Post by sharoon » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:29 pm

edxperts wrote:Hi martinstroke

Thanks for your response

Yes, my total earnings for the claim period was from self employment only. my past visa was on employment(payroll). i have submitted P60s for 3yrs and Selfemployment tax retuns and SA302 for last 2yrs.

My earnings was not same for all 5yrs, but im meeting the requirements

Thanks
As long as all taxes have been sorted before your ILR application was submitted...No need to worry about.....you will eventually get it........It is just a mater of time now

Voiceopinion
Newly Registered

Post by Voiceopinion » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:58 am

Hi.
Last month i applied fir my ilr with my dependant in person at croydon..my application was put on hold ..the letter they issued was in my dependants name..was wondering should it not be ussued in my name as i was the main applicant .its been more than 3 weeks now and i am still waiting to hear from them . Has it happened to anyone or was it by mistake. They did not ask for any dicument just issued a letter in my dependants name saying the application is valid but further checks need to be made.. please help...thanks

Pscloud

Post by Pscloud » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:19 pm

@voiceopinion

On what basis you applying for ILR. Are you self employed?

Voiceopinion
Newly Registered

Post by Voiceopinion » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:10 pm

The first two times vusa was extended ut was self employment this time it was employment

tyrian619
Newly Registered

Post by tyrian619 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:27 pm

@voice openion - Did you get any update?