ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO experience at Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BigEasy

ILR PEO experience at Croydon

Post by BigEasy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:05 am

After a turgid experience two years ago when my wife made her FLR(M) application which kept is in Lunar House for about seven hours we had such a refreshingly different experience this morning with the SET(M) application.

Our appointment was at 8am, but we arrived at about 7.40am, were shown through straight away and told to wait in the cafe area until 8am when they officially opened. At 8am we went through and the documentation was briefly checked before we sat down with a guy at another desk who spent about 10 minutes keying everything in. Straight on to biometrics and then told to wait again in the cafe until our number was called. After about 10 minutes another chap told us ILR was approved and we had all our documents back, with the letter of approval, etc., and were out on the street again by 8.45am.

Lunar House seems to have had a refurb too so the environment is much more pleasant, the staff (at least the ones we met) were a huge improvement on the dross we had the misfortune to encounter two years ago, and all in all it was a really efficient and well managed process. I objected to the PEO fee last time as the experience was so dreadful and drawn out but this time I feel that the premium represented good value. I'd recommend it wholeheartedly to those that can afford it.
Fiancée visa application:
Documents received UKBA Bogotá: 18 May 2012
Visa approved: 19 June 2012
FLR(M) PEO Croydon: 13/11/2012, 2 Yr BRP received: 16/11/2012
SET(M) PEO Croydon: 24/10/2014, 10 Yr BRP received 28/10/2014