ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

TRUSTNAD
Newly Registered

Post by TRUSTNAD » Tue May 29, 2012 12:41 pm

congrats skirty been following you all the time my time line for SET M ILR is

applied SETM 28 Feb 2012
Ack Letter received dated 1 March.
money Taken out 5 March (didnt understand why it took that long)
still waiting ...

balu114
Newly Registered

Response from the MP

Post by balu114 » Tue May 29, 2012 1:22 pm

Today I emailed my MP explaining my predicament.

In exactly 15 mins, I received a reply from his senior caseworker. She has contacted UKBA on my behalf and have been told the application was completed on 17th May and my documents are awaiting dispatch. She also added "sometimes it can take a couple of weeks from completion for documents to be returned, so do not be alarmed!"

"I realise that this response does not correspond with the information you were told on approaching UK Border Agency yourself but the information I gained for you will be reliable. "

I felt "Wow, the System works!!"

jimbo2012
Newly Registered

Post by jimbo2012 » Tue May 29, 2012 1:44 pm

Hi All,

I have been following the forum a little while and would like to share my details too.

Application type : SET (O) Ancestral
ILR Application submitted : 9th March 2012
ILR Acknowledgement : 13/03/2012
Biometrics invite received : 27/04/2012 (Dated 20/04/2012)
Biometrics done: 28/04/2012

Waiting time so far : 11 weeks

SingaporeGirl
Newly Registered

Re: Response from the MP

Post by SingaporeGirl » Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 pm

balu114 wrote:Today I emailed my MP explaining my predicament.

In exactly 15 mins, I received a reply from his senior caseworker. She has contacted UKBA on my behalf and have been told the application was completed on 17th May and my documents are awaiting dispatch. She also added "sometimes it can take a couple of weeks from completion for documents to be returned, so do not be alarmed!"

"I realise that this response does not correspond with the information you were told on approaching UK Border Agency yourself but the information I gained for you will be reliable. "

I felt "Wow, the System works!!"
Oh my god balu114! At least now you know what's going on!

Miths
Newly Registered

Post by Miths » Thu May 31, 2012 9:58 am

Morning all,

Looks like all of us on this forum seem to have resigned to the fact that we will all have to wait ages for our passports...

This is the second week in a row, where return of passports from the HO has been next to nothing, atleast as far as the this forum goes.

I don't think next week will be any better, looking at the bank holidays.

All the best guys!

GmanILR2012

Post by GmanILR2012 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:38 am

Miths wrote:Morning all,

Looks like all of us on this forum seem to have resigned to the fact that we will all have to wait ages for our passports...

This is the second week in a row, where return of passports from the HO has been next to nothing, atleast as far as the this forum goes.

I don't think next week will be any better, looking at the bank holidays.

All the best guys!

Miths, you are so right! It is very unfortunate that everyone in this forum is hanging in dispare and all our lives are on hold while our fate is being decided! Hopefully the 2nd week of June will be an amazing one and loads of people get their passports back!

It makes you wonder what their systems are, and why they haven't tried to create a more streamlined system that would speed up processing times, or at least leave us with our book of life (passports) for a little longer! Any ways we shall just have to wait for the UKBA to finish processing our visa's. I hope everyone waiting on the UKBA has a great weekend and next week your passport arrives....

ORafi
Newly Registered

Post by ORafi » Thu May 31, 2012 1:17 pm

Finaly some good news!! (God knows we could all use some on this forum!)
I got my passport back today! :)

Here are my timelines again: I applied under Set (M)

Applied: 24th Jan 2012 (incorrect form)
Re-applied: 28th Feb 2012 (right form this time - phew)
recieved Passport in the post: 30 May 2012

I have a flight to catch on Saturday so really, NOTHING can compare to the joy i am feeling right now!!
One learning from this entire episode - NEVER go for the postal aplication route if you have the option of going for the face to face one. NO amount of money saved is worth this torturous wait! you think you are being smart and saving up for that bag ... but really that bag will not bring the past 4 months of your life back!

Also, i sent them an expedite letter around a month ago and attached my flight details and begged them to send my passport etc etc.. i think someone in there actually read that letter and made sure i got it in time (thank you - whoever you are!). So for those thinking whether any expedite letters work - they do if its a genuine reason (i think)

Good Luck to all of you waiting... there really is light at the end of this tunnel :) Couldnt have coped without the people on this forum.. especially Skirty who seemed to have it all under control!!

i am keeping my fingers crossed for all of you
xxx

SingaporeGirl
Newly Registered

Post by SingaporeGirl » Thu May 31, 2012 1:30 pm

ORafi wrote:Finaly some good news!! (God knows we could all use some on this forum!)
I got my passport back today! :)

Here are my timelines again: I applied under Set (M)

Applied: 24th Jan 2012 (incorrect form)
Re-applied: 28th Feb 2012 (right form this time - phew)
recieved Passport in the post: 30 May 2012

I have a flight to catch on Saturday so really, NOTHING can compare to the joy i am feeling right now!!
One learning from this entire episode - NEVER go for the postal aplication route if you have the option of going for the face to face one. NO amount of money saved is worth this torturous wait! you think you are being smart and saving up for that bag ... but really that bag will not bring the past 4 months of your life back!

Also, i sent them an expedite letter around a month ago and attached my flight details and begged them to send my passport etc etc.. i think someone in there actually read that letter and made sure i got it in time (thank you - whoever you are!). So for those thinking whether any expedite letters work - they do if its a genuine reason (i think)

Good Luck to all of you waiting... there really is light at the end of this tunnel :) Couldnt have coped without the people on this forum.. especially Skirty who seemed to have it all under control!!

i am keeping my fingers crossed for all of you
xxx
Oh my god ORafi! I'm so happy for you! At least you could go on holiday!!! No luck for me unfortunately, think we will have to miss our flight. Did you get your BRP as well?

Miths
Newly Registered

Post by Miths » Thu May 31, 2012 1:48 pm

Good news ORafi. Congratulations.

Members, I've noticed that SET M applications and also SET O applications based on 10 year stay, seem to be decided much quicker than SET O applications based on Work Permit or HSMP 5 year stay. Has anyone else also noticed this and does any one know why this could be?

For example ORafi re applied on 28 Feb and got his passport on 30 May. I applied SET O based on 5 years work permit on 2 Feb and still waiting...!

UKwannabee

Post by UKwannabee » Thu May 31, 2012 1:49 pm

Yahooooo ORafi!!! Some good news - we all need it! :)
So happy for you and enjoy your trip!!

ORafi
Newly Registered

Post by ORafi » Thu May 31, 2012 3:49 pm

thanks guys!
i really hope you all get yours soon too!

Raja1900
Newly Registered

Post by Raja1900 » Thu May 31, 2012 6:27 pm

congrats orafi . What was ilr stamp date? If u don't mind

TRUSTNAD
Newly Registered

Post by TRUSTNAD » Thu May 31, 2012 6:47 pm

Hi every one..
Just got Ilr set m today...posting my timelines for every one who needs it...
I was keeping an eye on skirtys coz we applied abt the same time...
Applied on 28 February 2012
Ack letter dated 1st march
Money taken out 5 march
Ilr stamped 15 may 2012
Passport received 30 may 2012
Good luck to every one waiting...

zainoor1

Post by zainoor1 » Thu May 31, 2012 7:19 pm

TRUSTNAD wrote:Hi every one..
Just got Ilr set m today...posting my timelines for every one who needs it...
I was keeping an eye on skirtys coz we applied abt the same time...
Applied on 28 February 2012
Ack letter dated 1st march
Money taken out 5 march
Ilr stamped 15 may 2012
Passport received 30 may 2012
Good luck to every one waiting...
that,s good news my friend...
please can you tell us about your biometric date?

ORafi
Newly Registered

Post by ORafi » Thu May 31, 2012 9:29 pm

Raja1900 wrote:congrats orafi . What was ilr stamp date? If u don't mind
It is stamped on the 24th of may.. And I checked the mail was also sent on the 24th of may (surprising because i thought it has to go through several tunnels before it posted) .. But they didn't send it in the self addressed envelopes I sent.. Instead sent it by second class post so took 7 days to reach me... Ironically they sent the pre paid envelope in the mail too .. Lol

So that's 2 of us who applied on the 28th of Feb..
Who knew! There's method in this madness!

Ant27
Newly Registered

Post by Ant27 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:45 pm

We applied on 21st Feb SET (M) and have heard nothing. Should I be worried? Do they deal with applications on a first come, first served basis? We used the Settlement Checking Service too as I thought this would reduce waiting times. Are you seriously telling me they post the passports back second class? That is disgusting. Teresa May is getting a very long letter from me at the end of all of this.

dewdoc
Newly Registered

Post by dewdoc » Thu May 31, 2012 10:07 pm

Hi,

Ive applied for SET O on 16th feb and recieved acknowldgement on 21st feb.

Still waiting!!!

Booked my tickets to go to India on 29th may, cancelled it now, having child care problems because of that.( kids stopped going to nursery because of India trip) Baby sitting now in my annual leave. Atleast if I get it by next week I will be able to go and drop the kids in India for 2 months if not , need to make alternate arrangements until august.

Life sucks!! This forum gives me strength!

gvijaygadde

Post by gvijaygadde » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:23 am

:D :D :D
mmmhhhhhhuuuuuu hurray.... last night my solicitor called me - said they now received my documents back from Home office and my application was approved....

Big thanks to WORKPERMIT.COM - MODERATORS - people on immigration boards.... without you all it never been easy to hold back past 7 months.

My application was fairly complex application - but since there are some genuine reason my solicitor gone-ahead with my application.

- I was out of country for more than 180 days
- Once, because of eye operation - i end up staying out of UK for more than 90 days ( but I got a letter from my eye doctor why I need to stay back - and i believe the letter went for backgroud check as well )
- My wife in UK past 4 years - but she was on Tier1 visa - an year back we changed her visa as my dependent

with all this -ve's i was not sure about success of my application but because of genune reason HO might have convenced with my application - BIG BIG THANKS TO UKBA -LOVE IT

ONE BIG JOURNEY FINISHED - NEED TO PLAN ON NEXT STEPS - SO MANY THINGS WERE ON HOLD PAST 7 MONTHS - JOB, HOUSE,TRAVEL ETC....

Cheers and thanks to one and all....

"AS IT SAYS....PATIENCE PAYS OFF - SO PLEASE PLEASE BE PATIENT - IT WORKS AT THE END - AND YOU LOVE IT" 8) 8)

My time lines:
Application type: SET(O) ( HSMP + TIER-1+TIER-1 : 1+ DEPENDENTS
DOCUMENTS SENT : 1ST NOVEMBER 2011
ACK.RECEIVED: 4TH NOVEMMBER 2011
DOCUMENTS POSTED BACK : GOD KNOWS
VISA GRANTED : YET CHECK MY PASSPORTS
DOCUMENTS RECEIVED: GOD KNOWS
PHONE CALL FROM SOLICIATOR: 30 MAY 2012
TOTAL TIME TAKEN: 4 DAYS LESS - 7 MONTHS

faraty
Newly Registered

Similar Situation to Ant27

Post by faraty » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:41 am

Hi Ant27,

Since your wife and I are in the same boat .. please let me know what address you plan to send that letter to Theresa May because i am so much to let her know.

It is a complete outrage .. and like you have said before .. if it was an organization that deals with British/EU citizens it would have been under so much investigation due to the incompetence of the employees of the UKBA. But because we are seen as 'immigrants' then it is a completely different story.

I am well and truly disappointed at the service as compared to the price we are paying.

balu114
Newly Registered

Post by balu114 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:48 am

I got my passport back with ILR on it !!

Just as the email from my MP's office, the visa was stamped on 17-May-2012!

Here are the timelines for my SET(O) application:

Posted: 11-Nov-2011
Acknowledgement letter dated: 15-Nov-2011
Stamped: 17-May-2012
Documents received: 01-Jun-2012

All the best to everyone waiting for their passports!

dsbos

Post by dsbos » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:47 am

Ladies and Gentlemen those who received their passports back...

One of my friends tells me he didn't get his ILR stamped from the day his last visa expired. Instead his passport stamped from May 2012.

He applied in Dec 2011 and visa ran out in Jan 2012.

Is this how you guys find it in your cases?

If so how far it is correct to do so - as you will have to wait another year (rather than say 6 months given they took 6 months to stamp it) to apply for Naturalisation?

Also you may notbe able to claim your Child benefit from the day 1 you are entitled to it - this is probably the only benefit kind of thing most of us are eligible...

I want to say more on this, but I'll stop here.

R&F

Post by R&F » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:51 pm

It has been sooo slow for the past 2 weeks. I think only about 3 people from this forum have received anything since. Congrats Balu 114!
According to the letter from my MP I should have gotten my papers back this week, but with the Bank Holidays coming up, I doubt it'll be here till mid June if anything.

Good luck everyone!

faraty
Newly Registered

Never felt good to have spoken to soon!

Post by faraty » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:17 pm

Right guys .. I have finally recieved my passport!

I applied with a SET (M) form and posted my application on the 17th of Feb.. recieved confirmation on the 20th and money was taken out on the 22nd .. after 15 week exactly .. i recieved my document!

I havent seen my passport but hubby has sent me a whatsapp picture of it!

I hope everyone gets their documents soon!

serengetiuk
Newly Registered

Message for ShortWait

Post by serengetiuk » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:53 am

Hello ShortWait,

Could you add me to the Waiting List please?

Thanks
serengetiuk wrote:Applied for ILR SET(M) through Checking Service 13/1/2012
Acknowledgment 17/1/2012
Still waiting (18 weeks so far)

R&F

Post by R&F » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:29 am

Hello everyone, great news for me, I got my passport with ILR today.
Here's my timeline:
Applied on the 20th Feb
Acknowledgement and payment taken on the 22nd Feb
Visa dated 22nd May
Passport received on 02nd June

Thanks for your support, and good luck getting your passports back.
Will probably hear back from you guys on the naturalisation forum next year!