ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kukushka
Newly Registered

Re: ILR late application due to the unclear rules

Post by Kukushka » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:17 am

dec2011seto wrote:
Kukushka wrote:Hi everyone!
I booked an appointment for premium service to get my ILR done in one day so I can travel abroad. On the site it says "Do not apply more than 28 days before you visa expires !!!" So I did apply 21 days before. The first available appointment was 9 days after the end of my previous document!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I booked it thinking that I do everything right.
Few days before the appointment we called to ask some question and found out that I have overstayed my visa.After woman said to write covering letter explaining what have happened! It is not my fault that they do not have enough appointments.
So now my case is treated as POSTAL APPLICATION! I am waiting....
Is it just me who is the situation like this? Only good thing is that I pay less money for postal application...
Hi Kukushka,

I was in a similar situation where there were no appointments available at the Croydon PEO 28 days before my Limited Leave to Remain expired, so had the option of taking a day off work travelling to the Liverpool PEO, or sending in a postal application. In hindsight, the Liverpool PEO option, a day's lost pay, and £250 in return train fares probably would have been the less frustrating option.

Best of luck with your postal application.

Thank you )))Good luck to you you also )) How long have you been waiting now? I was looking at 3 cities and non of them had appointment before my document expired.

Kukushka
Newly Registered

Re: ilr Set M after two years spouse visa.

Post by Kukushka » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:21 am

zainoor1 wrote:i,ve applied for ilr set m after two years visa with timeline as,

application sent= 9march,12
payment taken = 13 march
letter received = 17 march
biometric letter receive= 02 may
biometric done = 02 may through post office
status = still waiting no response , no documents return

any idea?

Hi ) I sent mine on 19th of March....Did biometrics on 11th May. Also still waiting....

mustang390

Post by mustang390 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:21 am

Hi I applied on 20-March-2012 (SETo) I have received my aknowledgement but did not receive any Biometric Letter yet, Is there any number I could call ?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:25 am

Kukushka wrote:On the UKBA website it clearly says that "you must post your application if you cannot find an inperson appointment before your leave to remain expires"

Spend some time reading this info Gents.
I have read everything and never found this sort of statement. What I found is this:
"Please do not send us your application more than 28 days before the end of your 2-year qualifying period. If you do, we may refuse your application and we will not refund the fee. However, you must apply before your current permission to remain in the UK ends."
I did fill the application form on-line and booked an appointment. And the woman over the phone said this is not your fault! Also they sent me a letter saying that do not bring anyone inside the public office with you . On the site it says that bring your partner!!!!!!! All I am trying to say is that there are no clear rules and it cause so many problems.[/quote]

You haven't applied until you have attended your appointment and paid the fee. Given that you knew your leave was expiring on a specific day at that you had read you should apply before your leave expires it would've been wise to check that your application would be treated as in time.

Kukushka
Newly Registered

Post by Kukushka » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:51 am

Greenie wrote:
Kukushka wrote:On the UKBA website it clearly says that "you must post your application if you cannot find an inperson appointment before your leave to remain expires"

I have read everything and never found this sort of statement. What I found is this:
"Please do not send us your application more than 28 days before the end of your 2-year qualifying period. If you do, we may refuse your application and we will not refund the fee. However, you must apply before your current permission to remain in the UK ends."
I did fill the application form on-line and booked an appointment. And the woman over the phone said this is not your fault! Also they sent me a letter saying that do not bring anyone inside the public office with you . On the site it says that bring your partner!!!!!!! All I am trying to say is that there are no clear rules and it cause so many problems.
You haven't applied until you have attended your appointment and paid the fee. Given that you knew your leave was expiring on a specific day at that you had read you should apply before your leave expires it would've been wise to check that your application would be treated as in time.[/quote]

When I created an account on the web site there was an option apply on-line and after book an appointment. So how I can understand word "apply" if I sent a form with all details? And also it said you can pay now or when you attend. And I did this 21 days before expiring date.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:00 am

but your appointment was for after your expiry date, my point is, unless you read that by completing an online form and then booking an appointment you were making an in time application, it was your responsibility to check. All you did was complete a form that you then print out and take with you to your appointment.

SingaporeGirl
Newly Registered

The wait is long

Post by SingaporeGirl » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:02 am

Hi UKwannabe, same situation for me. We planned to go on holiday but our passports are nowhere to be seen. So my husband is spending his 3 week annual leave sitting at home (which cannot be cancelled). Thankfully my employer is more flexible so I can cancel my annual leave. We have tried getting my husband's passport back (will not affect my application as he has a British passport), but we are still waiting. I think the most horrible part of all this is not knowing anything about the application and how long more we have to wait. I'm not holding up very well.

zainoor1

Re: ilr Set M after two years spouse visa.

Post by zainoor1 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:14 am

UKwannabee wrote:
zainoor1 wrote:i,ve applied for ilr set m after two years visa with timeline as,

application sent= 9march,12
payment taken = 13 march
letter received = 17 march
biometric letter receive= 02 may
biometric done = 02 may through post office
status = still waiting no response , no documents return

any idea?
Hi Zainoor,

My time line is almost identical to yours (I applied 2 days before you) and I've heard nothing yet either. I had my Biometrics on the 30th March. So frustrated as we booked a holiday earlier this year and were suppose to leave last night - never ever thought it would take this long to get my freakin' visa& passport back. Called Immigration on Wednesday and they said it could take up to 6 months and call back at end of August if I haven't heard anything. Beyond frustrated right now. Will you let me know if you hear anything as our stats are almost identical!!!!
mate, how did you ask ukba and which number you used? actually few days back, i called them and lady on phone said , ukba do not provide information before 6 month.

please can you guide me how did you ask them?

dsbos

Post by dsbos » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:17 am

I did fill the application form on-line and booked an appointment. And the woman over the phone said this is not your fault! Also they sent me a letter saying that do not bring anyone inside the public office with you . On the site it says that bring your partner!!!!!!! All I am trying to say is that there are no clear rules and it cause so many problems.[/quote]

Tell me about the UKBA website my friend...

Did I tell you, they have just turned me back from the Glasgow PEO, just because I'm "self employed". They asked me to go to Croydon, Sheffield or Birmingham...

... but is that mentioned in the UKBA website?

Kukushka
Newly Registered

Post by Kukushka » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:26 am

dsbos wrote:

I did fill the application form on-line and booked an appointment. And the woman over the phone said this is not your fault! Also they sent me a letter saying that do not bring anyone inside the public office with you . On the site it says that bring your partner!!!!!!! All I am trying to say is that there are no clear rules and it cause so many problems.

Tell me about the UKBA website my friend...

Did I tell you, they have just turned me back from the Glasgow PEO, just because I'm "self employed". They asked me to go to Croydon, Sheffield or Birmingham...

... but is that mentioned in the UKBA website?[/quote]

It is terrible.So what now ? Have you booked an other appointment? There a re a lot of thing on the site which are not clear. If it says do not apply 28 days before document expires why would I go and book an appointment? Also late they sent me a letter saying do not bring anyone with you to the office. On the site it says you partner must come with you for interview!!!!!!!!!!

UKwannabee

Re: The wait is long

Post by UKwannabee » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:17 pm

Hi Singaporegirl - nice to know someone else is in the same boat! So sorry about your experience. That's too bad your husband's workplace wasn't flexible about the holidays. Like you, my workplace is flexible so I'm at work today. Just so sad and frustrating.

Like your husband, my husband has a British passport as well. We requested it back on 16th March and he finally received it on 30th April. He missed out on two very important business trips. Thankfully his employer understood but I think that would only go for so long! He is still taking his holidays (he gets more than I do) because he needs a break.

I wasn't holding up very well the last few weeks not knowing if we're going on holidays; we were suppose to leave lastnight and now that that's over, I've just given up and accepting it's out of my hands. I have my family visiting me in September and we're going to travel around Europe so I better have my passport by the end of August!!

The only other issue, my passport is going to expire the end of the year so I will have to get it renewed - I will pay the extra and go to my Embassy to have it renewed in one day - I'm never, ever going to do without my passport!! I was only wondering if I have to get a new ILR stamp in my new passport? Just the thought of dealing with UK_Banned_Member again....ahhh!!

Hang in there and keep smiling!! I'm really just trying to not think about it (hard, as I know exactly what you're going through) - we'll have each other to support!! :)

x

UKwannabee

Re: The wait is long

Post by UKwannabee » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:25 pm

UKwannabee wrote:Hi Singaporegirl - nice to know someone else is in the same boat! So sorry about your experience. That's too bad your husband's workplace wasn't flexible about the holidays. Like you, my workplace is flexible so I'm at work today. Just so sad and frustrating.

Like your husband, my husband has a British passport as well. We requested it back on 16th March and he finally received it on 30th April. He missed out on two very important business trips. Thankfully his employer understood but I think that would only go for so long! He is still taking his holidays (he gets more than I do) because he needs a break.

I wasn't holding up very well the last few weeks not knowing if we're going on holidays; we were suppose to leave lastnight and now that that's over, I've just given up and accepting it's out of my hands. I have my family visiting me in September and we're going to travel around Europe so I better have my passport by the end of August!!

The only other issue, my passport is going to expire the end of the year so I will have to get it renewed - I will pay the extra and go to my Embassy to have it renewed in one day - I'm never, ever going to do without my passport!! I was only wondering if I have to get a new ILR stamp in my new passport? Just the thought of dealing with UK_Banned_Member again....ahhh!!

Hang in there and keep smiling!! I'm really just trying to not think about it (hard, as I know exactly what you're going through) - we'll have each other to support!! :)

x
Not sure why taht came up as UK_Banned_Member - suppose to be UK Immigration!

dec2011seto
Newly Registered

Re: ILR late application due to the unclear rules

Post by dec2011seto » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:43 pm

Kukushka wrote:
dec2011seto wrote:
Kukushka wrote:Hi everyone!
I booked an appointment for premium service to get my ILR done in one day so I can travel abroad. On the site it says "Do not apply more than 28 days before you visa expires !!!" So I did apply 21 days before. The first available appointment was 9 days after the end of my previous document!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I booked it thinking that I do everything right.
Few days before the appointment we called to ask some question and found out that I have overstayed my visa.After woman said to write covering letter explaining what have happened! It is not my fault that they do not have enough appointments.
So now my case is treated as POSTAL APPLICATION! I am waiting....
Is it just me who is the situation like this? Only good thing is that I pay less money for postal application...
Hi Kukushka,

I was in a similar situation where there were no appointments available at the Croydon PEO 28 days before my Limited Leave to Remain expired, so had the option of taking a day off work travelling to the Liverpool PEO, or sending in a postal application. In hindsight, the Liverpool PEO option, a day's lost pay, and £250 in return train fares probably would have been the less frustrating option.

Best of luck with your postal application.

Thank you )))Good luck to you you also )) How long have you been waiting now? I was looking at 3 cities and non of them had appointment before my document expired.

I sent off my postal application on the 29th December, so just over 23 weeks of waiting so far. There are 4 other SET(O) applicants on this forum that have been waiting longer, so hopefully they will get theirs back soon as well.

allpatienceisgone
Newly Registered

Re: Hubby's SET M

Post by allpatienceisgone » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:19 am

allpatienceisgone wrote:Hi all,

I have been spying this forum for a while now, hubby and I are waiting on his SET M to come through and I am really losing the plot. We applied late February, got acknowledged the 27th Feb 2012.

Hubby lost his grandmother 4 weeks ago, of course, we are prisoners here at the moment and couldn't attend the funeral. Hubby is unemployed, not for lack of looking and trying. He's got an MA and years and years of experience in oil and gas, and just is having no luck at all for work.

Sod's law, though, the phone has been ringing the last couple of weeks, and as soon as he mentions that his passport is with the UKBA, the line goes cold. So unfortunate!

I wrote my MP 2 weeks ago with no response yet. I would think our application should be relatively straightforward. I run my own business, though, so that may make it more difficult, but we did send evidence of savings to them, so hopefully they will take everything into consideration.

So tired of waiting, though....don't know how they can get away with this!

It is an outrage!

:(

Got it today!!!! 15 weeks for us! So glad for it to be over!!! Still haven't heard from my MP :(

Onwards and upwards.....with citizenship application in September! Yikes!

serengetiuk
Newly Registered

Post by serengetiuk » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:35 am

Passport and visa received today, June 9th, 22 weeks since application. Visa was dated 21st May. Application was straightforward and was submitted via the Checking Service. Passport was posted second class, not even using "signed for" delivery. Absolutely scandalous and totally unprofessional. If it had been lost in the post, UKBA would not even have accepted a call querying its whereabouts for another month.
serengetiuk wrote:Applied for ILR SET(M) through Checking Service 13/1/2012
Acknowledgment 17/1/2012
Still waiting (18 weeks so far)

Ame
Newly Registered

Post by Ame » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:23 pm

finally recived my passport today
set (M)
here is my time line
applied on 13/02/12
acknowladge 17/02/12
payment taken same week
issused 27/04/12
passport recived 09/06/12

thanks every one for support.

catch_sub
Newly Registered

My father is very ill, i want to travel back to my country

Post by catch_sub » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:36 pm

Hi,
I have applied for ILR application on 15th Feb 2012, but so far have not received the passport. Meanwhile my father in law is seriously ill, I want to desperately travel to my native country to see him

Does anyone know alternative to travel without passport outside UK? (i.e. when it is applied for ILR and still processing).

It would be great and helpful if anyone have experiences on how to deal this situation.

Much appreciated your help on this

Kukushka
Newly Registered

Post by Kukushka » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:38 pm

Ame wrote:finally recived my passport today
set (M)
here is my time line
applied on 13/02/12
acknowladge 17/02/12
payment taken same week
issused 27/04/12
passport recived 09/06/12

thanks every one for support.

Congratulations!!!!!!!! It takes them a while to send documents back!

Ame
Newly Registered

Post by Ame » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:40 am

Congratulations!!!!!!!! It takes them a while to send documents back![/quote]

yes it shouldn't be that long to send . I missed 3 jobs opertunities , coz didn't hve passport or any thng to show that I'm allowed to wrk in Uk.
Anyway atleast I hve now . Just hope I get the job soon as it's sooo hard to get these days. I was wonder can I apply for job seeker allowance straight away ? Will it effect on my application wen I apply for nationalism n British passport next year ??

Harshey
Newly Registered

Post by Harshey » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:51 pm

Ame wrote:Congratulations!!!!!!!! It takes them a while to send documents back!
yes it shouldn't be that long to send . I missed 3 jobs opertunities , coz didn't hve passport or any thng to show that I'm allowed to wrk in Uk.
Anyway atleast I hve now . Just hope I get the job soon as it's sooo hard to get these days. I was wonder can I apply for job seeker allowance straight away ? Will it effect on my application wen I apply for nationalism n British passport next year ??[/quote]

Dear Ame---------
Congrats
I recieved back my documents yesterday using set M.
My time line is :
Sent 18 feb
Acc date 21 feb
Fee taken same week
And got back on 9th June ILR stamped on passport exactly after 16 weeks. You can apply for your Neutralisation just after one year and if you taking any type of benefits, you are eligible and it will not effect your citizenship.

Good luck to all of them who are still waiting

zainoor1

documents received after biometric in may,2012

Post by zainoor1 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:35 pm

anyone here who received documents and ilr after biometric done last month may,2012.

my biometric done on 2nd may,2012 but still nothing after that.

so is someone here who received doc. after biometric in may,2012?

NOG
Member of Standing

Re: documents received after biometric in may,2012

Post by NOG » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:59 am

zainoor1 wrote:anyone here who received documents and ilr after biometric done last month may,2012.

How long did it take to receive the biometric letter after receiving the ack. letter in your case? Am I correct in assuming that you can enrol biometric information at any participating post office branch or does an appointment have to be made with the post office for this?

Kukushka
Newly Registered

Post by Kukushka » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:27 am

zainoor1 wrote:anyone here who received documents and ilr after biometric done last month may,2012.

I did my biometric on 11th May.Still nothing as well.....

Kukushka
Newly Registered

Post by Kukushka » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:29 am

NOG wrote:

How long did it take to receive the biometric letter after receiving the ack. letter in your case? Am I correct in assuming that you can enrol biometric information at any participating post office branch or does an appointment have to be made with the post office for this?
You do not need to make an appointment for biometric. Just find on the post office web site which branch can provide this service

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:40 am

Kukushka wrote:
NOG wrote:

You do not need to make an appointment for biometric. Just find on the post office web site which branch can provide this service
Thanks. How long did you wait for the biometric letter?