ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Snowborn
Newly Registered

Re: ILR postal applications Set o tier 1

Post by Snowborn » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:34 am

Kaybeeaar wrote:Hi,
I send my application( set o ILR tier 1 route) in June 2014
I received my ILR today. It's exactly 5 months.
Both BRP card and approval letter arrived today(5th nov 2014).

Please ask for any questions
Thx
Kaybee

Hi

On which date you have applied?

I have applied on 5th June SET (O)
and still waiting

but nice to see june application decision after 5 months of wait

Hope I will get mine soon.

Thanks

RAKE5H
Newly Registered

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding SET(LR))

Post by RAKE5H » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:00 pm

Hi All,
I had a small query and was hoping this forum might be able to help me. I read in few cases that individuals received an email when the case was allocated to a Case Handler. I've not yet received any such emails even after 5 months of application. Is this email comes to everyone or just few exceptions?

Thanks,

thewait
Newly Registered

Post by thewait » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:21 pm

CherylF wrote:
CherylF wrote:
thewait wrote:Set M - an update:

Sent July 15th
Biometrics done August 14th
All documents received today (neighbor signed for them) but I had to rebook delivery of card. I have to be present to sign for it and show ID so have to take Monday afternoon off work to get it and cost £6 redelivery fee. My wait is over...your should be soon Good Luck
Sent July 17th

Got ours too, huge relief.

For anyone reading this before applying by post ... DON'T! It will take 4 months however straightforward it is and however comprehensive your paperwork is. The waiting is terrible. Pay the extra and go for the 1 day Premium service.

That's us done!

wishmaster
Newly Registered

Post by wishmaster » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:01 pm

Applied on 12th May, set(m), postal service. Almost after 6 months wait, decision is still pending. Is there any other Set(m) May applicants who still didn't get a decision? Or is it just us alone?

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:37 pm

It seems long but not out of the ordinary, you should check the the HO...

Was everything straight forward in your opinion?

Kaybeeaar
Newly Registered

Post by Kaybeeaar » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:58 pm

RAKE5H wrote:

Thx
Kaybee
Thanks for the update Kaybee ... may i ask when exactly did you send your application and when did you complete your biometric please. I sent my application on 2nd June and biometric done on 21st June.
Thanks.
I applied on 9th June . Biometric done on 26th June. Cheers

Kaybeeaar
Newly Registered

Post by Kaybeeaar » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:02 pm

Snowborn wrote:

Thx
Kaybee

Hi

On which date you have applied?i applied on 9th June. Hope you will get soon

I have applied on 5th June SET (O)
and still waiting

but nice to see june application decision after 5 months of wait

Hope I will get mine soon.

Thanks

Kaybeeaar
Newly Registered

Post by Kaybeeaar » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:07 pm

RAKE5H wrote:Hi All,
I had a small query and was hoping this forum might be able to help me. I read in few cases that individuals received an email when the case was allocated to a Case Handler. I've not yet received any such emails even after 5 months of application. Is this email comes to everyone or just few exceptions?

Thanks,
hi. I don't think HO send any emails unless we ask something or they want to query about anything. They prefer writing to applicant rather than emails.

Kaybeeaar
Newly Registered

Post by Kaybeeaar » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:14 pm

pa2204 wrote:It's nice to see a SET (O) application approval after quite a some time. I applied in June 30th and still waiting. Hope fully I will get it during this month
hi. Sure you will get ILR by this month. I called HO last week about June Set O applications- They said they are dealing with all June applications

Snowborn
Newly Registered

Post by Snowborn » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:54 pm

Hi
I was keeping eye on royal mail track & trace as i had sent empty special delivery envelop for my return documents,

just checked royal mail track & trace and they have received item and it will be delivered tomorrow.

(fingers crossed) hoping for good news.

Thanks

Snowborn
Newly Registered

Post by Snowborn » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:54 am

Hi

Just received my documents back from UKVI through Royal Mail Special delivery.

ILR has been approved & BRP is on its way.

My timeline is :

SET (O) from Tier 1 (General) 5 yrs rule

Application Posted (Royal mail Special Delivery) - 05/06/2014
Biometrics Letter received - 21/06/2014 Dated: 19/06/2014
Biometrics done 28/06/2014
Approval Letter Received - 07/11/2014 Dated 04/11/2014

I wish you guys best of luck who are waiting for their decision. It was long painful wait of 5 Months.

Thanks

Subtle

Post by Subtle » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:41 pm

Snowborn wrote:Hi

Just received my documents back from UKVI through Royal Mail Special delivery.

ILR has been approved & BRP is on its way.

My timeline is :

SET (O) from Tier 1 (General) 5 yrs rule

Application Posted (Royal mail Special Delivery) - 05/06/2014
Biometrics Letter received - 21/06/2014 Dated: 19/06/2014
Biometrics done 28/06/2014
Approval Letter Received - 07/11/2014 Dated 04/11/2014

I wish you guys best of luck who are waiting for their decision. It was long painful wait of 5 Months.

Thanks
I have stared to believe now that they have gone from 4.5 months to 5 months processing time on average now. That is for SET(O) applications. Bad news (not for you snowborn, good news for you)
The views and opinions expressed in this post are exclusively mine and must be assumed as advice only. These do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any representative of the UK Home Office.

wishmaster
Newly Registered

Post by wishmaster » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:28 pm

fielddrive wrote:It seems long but not out of the ordinary, you should check the the HO...

Was everything straight forward in your opinion?

It was a pretty straightforward application. However, the only problem was that the caseworker entered the details incorrectly in the biometric letter. After we called the HO, the caseworker sent a second biometric letter, where the details was incomplete, so the biometric didn't go through. In the third biometric letter, fortunately the caseworker got it all correct, and the biometric went through successfully. But in the meantime processing got slow by a month. However, its been 4 months since the successful biometric enrolment. We called the HO couple of days ago, telephone operator says its still in progress.

jcromy
Newly Registered

Post by jcromy » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:12 am

Hi,

can anybody advice the processing time for ILR SET(BUS) application, I applied mid Jul and done biometrics on 31st July
nothing since then.

ps116
Newly Registered

Post by ps116 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:38 pm

Hi all,

I sent my Set O application on 24th June. It was for a myself and 2 dependents. We did BioMetri on 17th July but haven't heard since then. anyone in the same boat? I am really hoping to get it this month. does it take longer if you got dependents?
Thank you.
PS

RAKE5H
Newly Registered

Post by RAKE5H » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:41 pm

ps116 wrote:Hi all,

I sent my Set O application on 24th June. It was for a myself and 2 dependents. We did BioMetri on 17th July but haven't heard since then. anyone in the same boat? I am really hoping to get it this month. does it take longer if you got dependents?
Thank you.
PS
Hi,
I'm not sure if having depandant on your application delays the processing as such. I've applied on 2nd June with boimetric done on 21st june ... still waiting :(
My application was alongwith 2 depandants as well.

Thanks,

SAI13
Newly Registered

Post by SAI13 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:23 pm

wishmaster wrote:Applied on 12th May, set(m), postal service. Almost after 6 months wait, decision is still pending. Is there any other Set(m) May applicants who still didn't get a decision? Or is it just us alone?
wishmaster wrote:Applied on 12th May, set(m), postal service. Almost after 6 months wait, decision is still pending. Is there any other Set(m) May applicants who still didn't get a decision? Or is it just us alone?
hi wishmaster n al forum members

I think i probably b one of the unlucky guy to fall in to the 5% trap. Applied for set M on 23rd of may, did the bio on 11th of june and thats it no reply so far. I think the case worker dealing with my case is drunk n forgot about my application. called the HO today n got the worse answer I could have 'CONTINUE TO WAIT, STILL IN PROCESS'. I dont know if I had done a mistake as I have had a real go on the person over the phone saying you know its just 13 days left n wat u want me to expect... its a terrible service bla... bla... bla. n he kept repeating ya we r still in time frame so wait it may come. My case is really simple n straight forward. I dont know wat to do now as I have done it al by my own. Thinking will involve my MP so he can ask for the progress of my application. Therasay May should b kicked out of her position to make suc a mess. Bloody my country works way faster than this. I dont know if I shoud call SKY or BBC as I dont know how the FOI works so they may b able to charge the department responsible and get the truth out n also help me out. I really really irritated n frastrated with this BULL**** service. Apologies tried a lot hard not to use slang. But :evil: :evil: :evil: plz plz any forum member any ideas that can help plz put it forward plz plz...

wishmaster
Newly Registered

Post by wishmaster » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:40 pm

SAI13 wrote:

I think i probably b one of the unlucky guy to fall in to the 5% trap. Applied for set M on 23rd of may, did the bio on 11th of june and thats it no reply so far. I think the case worker dealing with my case is drunk n forgot about my application. called the HO today n got the worse answer I could have 'CONTINUE TO WAIT, STILL IN PROCESS'. I dont know if I had done a mistake as I have had a real go on the person over the phone saying you know its just 13 days left n wat u want me to expect... its a terrible service bla... bla... bla. n he kept repeating ya we r still in time frame so wait it may come. My case is really simple n straight forward. I dont know wat to do now as I have done it al by my own. Thinking will involve my MP so he can ask for the progress of my application. Therasay May should b kicked out of her position to make suc a mess. Bloody my country works way faster than this. I dont know if I shoud call SKY or BBC as I dont know how the FOI works so they may b able to charge the department responsible and get the truth out n also help me out. I really really irritated n frastrated with this BULL**** service. Apologies tried a lot hard not to use slang. But :evil: :evil: :evil: plz plz any forum member any ideas that can help plz put it forward plz plz...
Hi sai13,
There are ways to contact the HO if you want to make a complaint.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

Moreover, your local MP involvement is also an option.

Nisha20
Newly Registered

Post by Nisha20 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:03 pm

Has any august applicants set(m) received their outcome letter and their biometric card? When I called up HO on 4/11, I was told they have started on August application. I went through the settlement checking service. I applied on 26 August.

SAI13
Newly Registered

Post by SAI13 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:46 pm

wishmaster wrote:
SAI13 wrote:

Hi sai13,
There are ways to contact the HO if you want to make a complaint.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

Moreover, your local MP involvement is also an option.

Thanks wishmaster for the reply. I would definetely make a complain also have u received ur ILR yet. If not wat r u thinking of doing nxt. Plz keep me updated as ur application is jus b4 me so get a bit of hope.

Thanks again.

Nwhel
Newly Registered

Post by Nwhel » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:04 pm

I mailed my application in October 13th, received an acknowledgment letter dated the 15th of October. I still haven't received my biometrics letter. Two other users who mailed their applications in same day received their biometrics Nov 1! I did receive a general email yesterday the 10th saying a caseworker has been assigned to my case.

Has anyone else received an email like this before or after their biometrics letter? Stressing out why this bio letter is taking so long!

Please help.

Subtle

Post by Subtle » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:59 am

Nwhel wrote:I mailed my application in October 13th, received an acknowledgment letter dated the 15th of October. I still haven't received my biometrics letter. Two other users who mailed their applications in same day received their biometrics Nov 1! I did receive a general email yesterday the 10th saying a caseworker has been assigned to my case.

Has anyone else received an email like this before or after their biometrics letter? Stressing out why this bio letter is taking so long!

Please help.
Someone the other day also didn't receive their biometric invitation after a long time. Turned out, he sent SET(O) form which was superseded. Just check that you have sent the correct form.
The views and opinions expressed in this post are exclusively mine and must be assumed as advice only. These do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any representative of the UK Home Office.

Ahmed Khan
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmed Khan » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:29 pm

Hi All ! any updates on set o applications ? I assume set o applications are normally taking 6-8 months time as I can see some applicants have been waiting more than 6 months ....

Nwhel
Newly Registered

Post by Nwhel » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:28 pm

Subtle wrote:
Nwhel wrote:I mailed my application in October 13th, received an acknowledgment letter dated the 15th of October. I still haven't received my biometrics letter. Two other users who mailed their applications in same day received their biometrics Nov 1! I did receive a general email yesterday the 10th saying a caseworker has been assigned to my case.

Please help.
Someone the other day also didn't receive their biometric invitation after a long time. Turned out, he sent SET(O) form which was superseded. Just check that you have sent the correct form.
It came today! The wait begins! Has anyone else received an email when their application was taken on by a caseworker?

roy12
Newly Registered

Post by roy12 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:58 pm

Hi we have been following this forum for a while but never posted. We would like to share some good news about our ilr application timeline is as follows.

Application set M posted via special delivery 24/06/14
Acknowledgment letter recieved on 28/06/14
Biometric invitiation 03/07/14
Biometric completed 13/07/14
Addtional info requested on 30/10/14
Sent addtional info 05/11/14
Brp recieved on 11/11/14

So good luck to everyone.