ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

king2be98
- thin ice -

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding SET(LR))

Post by king2be98 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:12 am

Still.Waiting wrote: Thanks but I have heard that If I have used my certificate previously (in my case IELTS) and if my application was successful then I dont need to retake my any english tests?
I asked the same question a few months ago when my wife had to apply, the outcome was she had to do the test, same for everyone else I know who applied for ILR. You'll need a valid English test certificate at the time of application yours is expired.

Update for my sister in law.

SET (M)
Submitted 7 August 2014
Letter of acknowledgement 11 August 2014
Payment taken 12 August 2014
Application returned to us dated 04 September 2014 (requesting additional parts of form to be completed)
Application re-posted 10th September 2014
Biometrics letter received 22/09/2014.
Biometrics completed 22/09/2014
Approval Letter Dated 03/12/2014
BPR Card Received 08/12/2014

MARIMAA
Newly Registered

Post by MARIMAA » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:53 am

I have applied with an expired IELTS as they told me it is fine and it doesn t matter as I used it before to be granted a spouse visa but if you didn t use before you need a valid one

SAI13
Newly Registered

Post by SAI13 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:03 pm

wishmaster wrote:My wife's ILR application has been approved. We got our documents back today with the approval letter. My timeline is as follows.
Application submitted: set(m) on 12th may, 2014
Application received by ukvi and money deducted on: 13th may, 2014
Biometric letter sent by ukvi : 7th july, 2014
Biometric enrolment done: 10th july, 2014
We sent expedite request email to local MP (as it has been over 6 months): 18th november, 2014
Ilr approved: 3rd december2014
Ilr letter and documents received: 4th december 2014
Biometric card: the letter says we will receive it within a week

Thanks to the members of this forum for keeping me updated. Wish you all good luck with your applications.
Congtrs wishmaster. finally you got yours done by ur MP. But any idea wat I can do as my MP wont help me saying he cant help if they are taking long and as far as the complaint goes which I submitted weeks ago they replied just saying they r sorry to hear that I did not receive any reply back or the decision yet. but they simply cant do anything as it depends on the case worker, so advised me to wait n that was it? I am really furious as its already 6 n a half months! when my one will come through?!?!? and i simply cant do anything about it :evil: :evil:

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:33 pm

MARIMAA wrote:I have applied with an expired IELTS as they told me it is fine and it doesn t matter as I used it before to be granted a spouse visa but if you didn t use before you need a valid one
Hi Marimaa, so did you submit your application with the expired IELTS? And who advised you to do so?

Thanks,
Application sent: 14-04-12
Acknowledgement: 25-04-12
Biometrics: 05-05-12
Requested sponsor's passport: 10-07-12
Passport received: 19-07-12
Contacted MP: 16-10-12
Documents received: 12-01-13
BRP received: still waiting

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:34 pm

Still.Waiting wrote:
MARIMAA wrote:I have applied with an expired IELTS as they told me it is fine and it doesn t matter as I used it before to be granted a spouse visa but if you didn t use before you need a valid one
Hi Marimaa, so did you submit your application with the expired IELTS? And who advised you to do so?

Thanks,

MARIMAA
Newly Registered

Post by MARIMAA » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:32 am

Hi we sent them an e mail and they replied , I called them three times the last one was just 2 days before I applied and the guy was saying doesn t matter if it has expired as long as you have used it before for (my case ) spouse visa and it s level b1 or above

avylon
Newly Registered

Post by avylon » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:04 pm

Hi Folks, Had been reading this forum and never thought I'd been in this situation now. Entered & had been a student from 15th Sept 2004 until 26th October 2012 finished Masters from UEL. and applied for FLR to attend my convocation due in December 2012 and got rejected and been given a chance for Tribunal on 09th Sept 2014 (Yeah after 2yrs) which was just 5 days short for completing 10yrs legal stay, attended the tribunal on 9th Sept 2014 and tribunal decision was not given on the same day, but expected the results negative and would go for Upper-Tribunal. Tribunal decision was pending and cash hungry Solicitor charged £1500 suggested to apply for SET(LR) along with FLR(M) for my dependent which we did on 11th Sept 2014. Sad news is both of us lost the existing jobs as our employer enquires (Home office Employee Check Services) on the recent applications, ECS came out negative. On 2nd October received Tribunal results as expected had been negative and chance for upper-tribunals, no-where to go & no-work to do now, if we go to the solicitor she explains about section 3c & 3d and says HO had sent a wrong ESC and if we go to our employer they just show us the ECS letter from HO, already written many letters to HO but no reply, also need to add that I haven't written my Life in UK as the passport was with HO all this time and requested for a acknowledge copy to sit for the LIUK exam English test not needed as I completed my masters in UK, Dependent already submitted expired-IELTS which was written in India as suggested by the solicitor. So confused that I had to come here for proper guidance. Can anyone please suggest what to do next or atleast give a ray of hope. Suggestions and reply's will be highly obliged.

FLR - applied on 12/10/2012
Rejected - in March/2012.
Applied for Tribunal - Hearing date 09/09/2014.

In the Mean time 10yrs finished - Applied fresh applications below
SET(LR) & FLR(M) application sent on - 11th Sept 2014.
HO. Acknowledgement received - 15th Sept 2014.
Bio-metrics received on 01/10/2014 and done on 17/10/2014.
Decision still pending.....

a_f_khalid
Newly Registered

Post by a_f_khalid » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:06 pm

dear friend according to your situation you are eligible for ILR on behalf of 10 years route and your dependant can go with you on FLR(M) but you must need LIUK which you can book by DVLA (learning/full driving licence) instead of your passport. and do it as soon as you can.

suzan999
Newly Registered

Post by suzan999 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:44 am

Here is my story. Hope it will help some one if anyone as same as my situation.
Came in UK March 2005
Been as a student Till 2008
Got Work Permit June 2008 (5 Yrs)
Worked with the same company last 5 years and still with the same company.
ILR applied 19 June 2013 (By Post) (Set O)
Biometric enrolled within 2 weeks after the application made
Ilr application refused on 16 January 2014
Reason: SOC code 1221 (Have to earn 19,000, 39 hrs per week, £9.36 per hour) I have earned £19,000 but my hourly rate was £7.75
Appeal submitted by 18 th of February 2014.
Got the hearing date after 6 months (19.08.14)
But 2 days just before my hearing date got a letter from court saying that, they adjourn the date to 18.12.2014
After the changes SOC codes 6 April 2014 (Have to earn 15,900, 39 hrs per week, £7.84 per hour) my hourly rate is £8.07
Booked an appointment at Croydon (PEO Service) 09.12.2014 @ 1:00 pm
Withdrawn my appeal on 09.12.2014 in the morning by fax
ILR Approved @ 4:45 pm
Documents submitted:
Application Form (set O)
3 Months Payslip,
3 Months Bank Statement,
Passport Photocopy (as they already hold my original passport),
I want to mention one thing here that, my passport was at Sheffield but i made the application at Croydon.
Driving Licence as a Photo ID,
Letter from my Employer,
Life in the Uk Certificate,
English (B1 Certificate),
A Cover Letter mentioned everything from the beginning of my application, and the changes,
Fax confirmation copy about withdrawn my appeal
Thats all and NOW I AM A HAPPY MAN :D

m1rza
Newly Registered

Confused

Post by m1rza » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:55 am

Hi all.

My wife got her ILR (without any restrictions) back in September this year and today she got a letter from the home office to attend an interview in Liverpool next month regarding her settlement application! Surely this has got to be a mistake as we have travelled abroad trouble free since she got the ILR back in September.
I will call them later today to clearify. Has anyone else had this?
Any thoughts please?

Newly Registered

Post by 302618816 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:03 am

Hi, everyone, I receive letter from Liverpool saying they request me to go to Liverpool on late January to do the interview. I'm pretty sure it's about the english test coz' being a Chinese and did the test in East London. I read the news so I know what's going on. Is anyone knows what question they will ask (well, I can imagine they will ask about the test, work and family). Most important thing would be how long do I need to wait after the interview. It will come near 10 months by that time!!!! If they can't proof any problem (after the interview), they should give me, not holding my application!!!! Please anyone did the interview before and how long you wait for the decision? I really do not want to wait another 8 months!!!!

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:39 pm

Hi guys,

My husband applied for ILR mid March 2014 and he was called for interview to Liverpool in August. It has been 9 months and still no reply.. We have had no reply whatsoever. We have called up HO
Numerous times only to hear file isn't completed yet. They can give me no further information as that's how much they know. Our file is still in Liverpool.. However after the interview we were told that we would hear outcome within a month (within the 6 month limit).

Anyone in a similar situation? What shall we do?

Thanks
Allah is the greatest!

mrsali
Newly Registered

Post by mrsali » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:38 am

My timeline:

Application: ILR (Tier 1 General 3+2 Years Route)
Applicants: 1 Main applicant, 4 Dependents (a wife and 3 kids)
Earnings: Just salary (from two separate employers)

Date Application Sent: 10/09/2014
Payment Taken: 14/09/2014
Biometrics Given: 25/09/2014
Still waiting...

faisy
Newly Registered

Post by faisy » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:21 pm

faisy wrote:
Elena1 wrote:Hi faisy, I am self-employed too. Please do keep me updated of your status. Thank you.[/quote
]
Hi Elena1

Will definitely update you...still waiting
Hello Everyone

Today I got email from my solicitor that he has received my docs and ILR Approval.

This forum is very helpful everyone is very helping here..So thank you to all.

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:29 pm

faisy wrote:
faisy wrote:
Elena1 wrote:Hi faisy, I am self-employed too. Please do keep me updated of your status. Thank you.[/quote
]
Hi Elena1

Hello Everyone

Today I got email from my solicitor that he has received my docs and ILR Approval.

Congratulations

Can you please share what docs did you have to submit with your application. I am getting ready to submit mine so it'll be helpful if you guys can share list of docs required for SET (M)

Many thanks

Elena1
Newly Registered

Post by Elena1 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:27 am

faisy wrote:
faisy wrote:
]
Hi Elena1

Hello Everyone

Congratulations!

faisy
Newly Registered

Post by faisy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:18 pm

Hi Elena1

Will definitely update you...still waiting[/quote][/quote]
Hello Everyone

This forum is very helpful everyone is very helping here..So thank you to all.[/quote]

Congratulations![/quote]

Thanks Elena1 :)

fedupwithvisas
Newly Registered

Post by fedupwithvisas » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:21 pm

So I have stumbled across this forum as we have just sent in my husbands SET (M) application, I didn't even think about using the premium service. I presume we will be a reasonably straight forward case and I'm horrified to read that its going to take months to process ILR.

We lived abroad and have done so many tourist visas over the last 15 years, then a marriage visa, then settlement and now like everyone else we reach ILR. This morning we received the Biometrics letter so will get it done in the next day or so (my husband has submitted Biometrics twice before for UK visas) and we have a family holiday booked for the end of March. I realise reading everyone's posts that we have literally zero chances of having received his passport back and we are really upset to think another family holiday will be cancelled (two in the last 6 years have been due to family health reasons). What I realise now is the time scale does not reflect how complicated your case may be, simply that the applications sit in a box until a backlog is cleared, and it appears they don't even open your case until around 4 months after you submit.

Does anyone know if it is possible after submitting a postal application to pay to switch to a premium service - at this stage the cost is not important as it would save a family holiday for 6 people including two disabled family members who struggle to travel alone. I'm presuming the answer is no but I would love to hear if anyone has had any luck appealing to the good nature of the Home Office.

I'm literally so sick to death of applying for visas now.

bilumoka
Newly Registered

Re: Confused

Post by bilumoka » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:54 pm

m1rza wrote:Hi all.

My wife got her ILR (without any restrictions) back in September this year and today she got a letter from the home office to attend an interview in Liverpool next month regarding her settlement application! Surely this has got to be a mistake as we have travelled abroad trouble free since she got the ILR back in September.
I will call them later today to clearify. Has anyone else had this?
Any thoughts please?
Hi m1rza,

Did you call home office to inquire what the interview is really about. Was it just an honest mistake? We would really like to know.

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:02 pm

Hi Guys,

Can someone please help me answer question 2.16 and 2.17?

2.16 When and where did you get marry/enter civil partnership?

Mine was a religious marriage which was outside of UK. However, I got married legally once we arrived in UK at a city council which was two months later.

I have proof of the latter which is a marriage certificate however I cant proof the religious wedding as per the HO standards/requirement as the certificate isnt in English. So I am very confused what to write for this question....please can someone offer any help with this?

2.17 what type of ceremony was your wedding?

Depending on above what is the best answer for this?

wishmaster
Newly Registered

Post by wishmaster » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:13 pm

Write an email to the complains department at the HO requesting an update of your application. Also ask them if they require any additional supporting documents to process your application. If you have already emailed them before the six month period, you should email them again.

SAI13 wrote:
Congtrs wishmaster. finally you got yours done by ur MP. But any idea wat I can do as my MP wont help me saying he cant help if they are taking long and as far as the complaint goes which I submitted weeks ago they replied just saying they r sorry to hear that I did not receive any reply back or the decision yet. but they simply cant do anything as it depends on the case worker, so advised me to wait n that was it? I am really furious as its already 6 n a half months! when my one will come through?!?!? and i simply cant do anything about it :evil: :evil:[/quote]

vkumarkulkarni

Post by vkumarkulkarni » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:09 am

Hi Elina/Friends,

My case is a little complex, request you to share your solicitors contact details please.
I would like to seek their advice and if possible will run my case through them. This will be of great help from your end.

Cheers,
Vinay

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:52 pm

Still.Waiting wrote:
Still.Waiting wrote:

Thanks,

For those of you still unsure about expired IELTS - I can confirm you are able to use expired IELTS! got mine approved on the expired one!
However I used the same IELTS certificate for my previous successful application. My speaking and listening (which they mainly care bout) were 8.0 so I dont know whether this had to do with anything.

But you can apply with expired IELTS

I hope this helps

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:43 pm

Dear all,

I was 2 months short when my entry clearence expired to apply thru accelerated route. So applied for extension and got it in total 16 days. Now after 12 months of my 10 employees working for my company, i have sent set o for ilr. Acnowledment letter dated 29 12 2014, 6 days after application. But This is from fee charging section, before prcessing starts.

My question is how long in reality the process should take? Any experiences on specific tier 1 entrepreneur accelerated ( 10 employees) apprecited.

Also any suggestions, Basically because my business requires me to travel, inability to travel hurts my business. If my company writes to home office will that help. Because acknowledgement letter says priority will be done due to compelling reasons???

Thx a mil.

Moonmoon
Newly Registered

Post by Moonmoon » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:55 pm

Hi
I have a quick question regarding ILR application with 5 years route. Do they check whole immigration history or just for the 5 years? Please response if anyone have any idea about it.

Many many thanks