ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amannan
Newly Registered

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding SET(LR))

Post by amannan » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:49 pm

Hi everyone
What rules you guys talking about? I have no idea. Any body can you give me clue, perhaps source link where I can see the information please.

Thanks a lot

biru1926

Post by biru1926 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:06 pm

Thank you people thank you so much,Amannan i really have no idea about this new rule but ill ask some one or browse n let you know,thanks again people for your info and updates all my prayers and best wishes with your guys thank you,

mohitmaloo
Newly Registered

Post by mohitmaloo » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:39 am

Hi NaoNao, I also had a similar thing on my Tier 2 to ILR application.
Can you please confirm whether or not have you got your approval letter.

mohitmaloo
Newly Registered

Post by mohitmaloo » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:43 am

naonao wrote:Hi,
Most of the posts are for SET(M) and Tier 1. Could someone applying with tier 2 post as well please? Thanks!
I just freaked out yesterday because I received my passport and BRP yesterday, I thought my application for ILR has been refused, so they sent me back these two.

My timeline for my ILR application s as follows:

submission of documents (Tier 2, Set O): Jan 29, 2015
received by UKVI: Jan 30, 2015
received acknowledgement letter: Feb 06, 2015 (dated Feb 2)
fee taken from my account: Feb 03, 2015
email from caseworker about my reference number: Feb 09, 2015
Biometric letter received: FEB 11, 2015 (dated Feb 6)
Biometric enrolment done: Feb 11, 2015
Passport and BRP returned: Feb 14, 2015 (with a letter dated Feb 12)
Decision: WAITING

This is a fairly new part of the process (only for Tier 2) where passport and BRP are sent back to the applicant within 10 days (of being put in the system) while awaiting decision. The decision making time will still be within six months. I have been reading posts on this forum, but I haven't found one similar to mine. I wasn't expecting my proof of identification to be back without a decision letter.

Hi NaoNao, I also had a similar thing on my Tier 2 to ILR application.
Can you please confirm whether or not have you got your approval letter.

sajjuz

Post by sajjuz » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:26 pm

Entrepreneur 10 jobs and awara,
any news today? I believe you both should have an answer next week hopefully. InshaAllah a positive one.

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:02 pm

Sajjuz,
Called to day....no decision yet pls wait...is the answer.
Thanks for the good wishes InshaAllah.

meforsam786
Newly Registered

Post by meforsam786 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:40 pm

DEAR ALL ,

HOPE SOMEBODY WILL HELP ME OUT WITH THIS ITS VERY IMPORTANT FOR US AND FRUSTRATING

MY TIME LINE FIRST
SET O AFTER COMPLETING 5 YEARS

APPLIED 17/10/2014
FEE TAKEN 19/10/2014
ACKNOW 4/11/2014
BIO DONE 11/11/14
STATUS WAITING

I HAVE APPLIED FOR ILR ON SET O APPLICATION AFTER COMPLETION OF MY FIVE YEARS

MY SELF AND 2 DEPENDENTS

TODAY I RECEIEVED A LETTER FROM HOME OFFICE
LETTER DATED ON 5 MARCH 2015

'WE AIM TO PROCESS ALL APPLICATION WITHIN 6 MONTHS FROM THE DATE SUBMITTED. HOWEVER IN CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES THIS TARGET IS NOT POSSIBLE. FOLLOWING OUR ASSESSMENT OF YOUR CASE, UNFORTUNATELY IS APPEARS YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE PROCESSED WITHIN THE 6 MONTHS TARGET

THIS IS BECAUSE WE ARE WAITING FROM ANOTHER GOVERNEMENT DEPARTMENT OR AGENCY TO VERIFY SOME OF THE INFORMATION OR DOCUMENTS YOU HAVE GIVEN TO US . I AM SORRY FOR THE DELAY IN DEALING WITH YOUR APPLICATION AND FOR THE INCONVENIENCE THIS IS CAUSING

PLEASE ASSURED WE ARE DOIN ALL WE CAN . WE EXPECT TO MAKE A DECISION ON YOUR APPLICATION BY 17/07/15 BUT WE WILL WRITE YOU AGAIN IF THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE POSSIBLE

PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT THEY WANNA CHECK

SOME PEOPLE SAY THEY MAY CHECK WITH HMRC ABUOUT YOUR SELF EMPLOYEMENT AND EMPLOYMENT RECORD FOR THREE YEARS SINCE YOUR LAST EXTENSION

SOME SAYS PAST FIVE YEARS

I AM TOTALLY CONFUSED AND AT SOME POINT LITTLE FEARED

PLEASE CAN ANYONE WITH EXPERIENCE RESPONSE IF POSSIBLE

devp
Newly Registered

Post by devp » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:55 pm

meforsam786
Iam told by reliable sources that for Set(O) application evaluation, HO is checking rigorously the genuineness of employment if you were employed or the company if you were self employed. This is being cross checked with NI, HMRC and other agencies for cross verification.This is for avoiding any abuse of the highly skilled category visas previously issued.This also is because of the upcoming elections and the current government does not want to do the opposition any favors by creating any flaws knowingly for long time settlements. If you had provided all legitimate documents it is just a matter of time for the completion of this process. If you have previously and now provided all genuine information there is absolutely nothing to fear or worry about. Atleast by God's grace you have got some communication and commitment from UK HO which is nice.

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:00 pm

Devp,
I note from a very repectable, immigration lawyer, principal of large law house, in his TV program. Quoting a HO email that:

Henceforth HO requires All Original Documents are required for which earlier Certified Copies were sent to HO.

This does not impact T1 Ent ILR applicants were, unless otherwise said so, all originals are sent anyway. I recon ghus may refer to naturalization etc...

meforsam786
Newly Registered

Post by meforsam786 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:36 pm

devp wrote:meforsam786
Iam told by reliable sources that for Set(O) application evaluation, HO is checking rigorously the genuineness of employment if you were employed or the company if you were self employed. This is being cross checked with NI, HMRC and other agencies for cross verification.This is for avoiding any abuse of the highly skilled category visas previously issued.This also is because of the upcoming elections and the current government does not want to do the opposition any favors by creating any flaws knowingly for long time settlements. If you had provided all legitimate documents it is just a matter of time for the completion of this process. If you have previously and now provided all genuine information there is absolutely nothing to fear or worry about. Atleast by God's grace you have got some communication and commitment from UK HO which is nice.

thank you for your response dave that was very helpful

yes I submitted all of my returns and paid tax on time

little curiuos how long they go back In checking

biru1926

Post by biru1926 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:55 am

awara wrote:Biru1926 many congrulations , best of luck for your future :D pray for me Plz .
Thanks awara sure all my prayers and best wishes with everyone

biru1926

Post by biru1926 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:56 am

sajjuz wrote:Congrats to Country boy and Biru!!
Since we applied before the changes do we get an appeal right or not? Is it for those who apply after April the 6th?
thanks sajjuz nad good luck

biru1926

Post by biru1926 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:57 am

Entreprenure 10 jobs wrote:Biru , great news.....

Devp, thx for update..pls see PM. Thx
Entreprenure 10 jobs thank you

devp
Newly Registered

Post by devp » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:37 am

All, just wanted to share glad news we received the approval letter along with docs today.
Applied on Set(O) on 04-Dec, biometrics given on 30-Dec. good luck all.

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:35 pm

Devp,
Congratualtions.....gives me light at the end of the tunnel...my bio done Jan 8 applied Dec 23. Some news expected soon i would imagine.

devp
Newly Registered

Post by devp » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:36 pm

Most likely next week you should get it considering the pattern i see here. I got it by Royal mail recorded and signed delivery. So keep a watch out for them everyday...

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:43 pm

Devp
I have had info of value from this board. I am glad to see you here and we should try and continue to give view and support the members. I have been and will continue to keep a keen eye out next week.

prince_no1

Post by prince_no1 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:28 pm

Just a quick question guys , it may have been answered but i could'nt find it so far.

For Set (o) form
is it compulsory to send photocopies of the documents with application? or is it adviseable ?

members who have already sent the applications, did you send the photocopies of the documents?

Thanks.
Last edited by prince_no1 on Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

John McOuba
Newly Registered

Post by John McOuba » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:42 pm

Hello Everybody,

hope you are all doing well despite the waiting times being too long.
well; i have recently submitted my application for the IRL SET (M); submitted 5th March 2015 using standard postal option (regretted later as I should have gone with the fastest option); i know it is a bit too early to post but based on the so many posts i read on here the waiting time is between 4 to 6 months, and 3 months the earliest with over 6 months the latest. did anybody here heard of anyone who got their application quickly processed (less than 3 months with the standard postal)? I heard that the 2 years path can be processed quicker than the 5 years and 10 years just because the 2 years have less documentations to be checked, is that true?
once again; i hope you are all fine and hope your applications will be completed positively soon....
Thanmirth

IRL SET (M) via standard postal
Application submitted: 5th March
I got nothing and heard nothing... so just got on the "long waiting" train heading to tranquility ;-)

John McOuba
Newly Registered

Post by John McOuba » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:46 pm

prince_no1 wrote:Just a quick question guys , it may have been answered but i could'nt find it so far.

is it compulsory to send photocopies of the documents with application? or is it adviseable ?

members who have already sent the applications, did you send the photocopies of the documents?

Thanks.
I submitted my application via my solicitor, I gave her my originals but i do not think you have to send the photocopies but i think it won t do any harm if you do so, especially that it might save them some time in case they photocopy them...
best of luck.
Amazigh

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:32 pm

John, prince,
Pay close attention to the immigartion rules and the appendix respectively of documents Required.
The form set o, set m specify when copies are needed like in support of cohabitation with your partner.
Your form and passports plus original documents make a bulky mail.
In short, copies are not needed, unless specifically asked for....you must keep a copy for yourself, on a cheap 4gb usb.

sajjuz

Post by sajjuz » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:28 pm

Devp,
Nice surprise for a happy weekend start. Many congrats.

sophie.dahab
Newly Registered

Post by sophie.dahab » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:58 pm

John McOuba wrote:Hello Everybody,

hope you are all doing well despite the waiting times being too long.
well; i have recently submitted my application for the IRL SET (M); submitted 5th March 2015 using standard postal option (regretted later as I should have gone with the fastest option); i know it is a bit too early to post but based on the so many posts i read on here the waiting time is between 4 to 6 months, and 3 months the earliest with over 6 months the latest. did anybody here heard of anyone who got their application quickly processed (less than 3 months with the standard postal)? I heard that the 2 years path can be processed quicker than the 5 years and 10 years just because the 2 years have less documentations to be checked, is that true?
once again; i hope you are all fine and hope your applications will be completed positively soon....
Thanmirth

IRL SET (M) via standard postal
Application submitted: 5th March
I got nothing and heard nothing... so just got on the "long waiting" train heading to tranquility ;-)
Hello Thanmirth

We did exactly the same as you - sent everything off and realised that we really should have paid for the premium service. We knew the statistic was 95% of cases are settled within 6 months, but having done so many visas before stupidly though that if it was a straightforward case it would be dealt with quickly. The problem is the backlog, even if your case is very simple and should be opened and closed in a few hours, they simply wont start it until about three months after you apply.

We applied end of November 2014 ILR Set M (2 year path) - received the confirmation letter on 3 December, did biometrics a week or two later (as soon as requested) and then waited, until Residence Permit arrived with a courier last week. Basically it took three and a half months. Im not sure anyone is reporting a quicker time scale than this, so I realise we are relatively lucky. It can take much longer than 6 months, many people are waiting 12 months but I have no idea what complications in their case would cause this.

Good luck!

zakali4u
Newly Registered

Post by zakali4u » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:56 am

17.12.2014 mrs passed life in uk
18.12.2014 submitted set (m) paperwork by post - £1093
19.12.2014 money withdrawn from account by home office
02.01.2015 acknowledgement letter received stating "may take up to 6 months"
03.01.2015 letter to provide biometric readings received
03.01.2015 attended post office birmingham to provide biometric readings - £19.20
06.01.2015 email received from Home Office stating " application is being considered"
10.03.2015 missed signed delivery
12.03.2015 delivery both home office letter & biometric residence permit received dated 6.3.15

sajjuz

Post by sajjuz » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:36 am

Wow that's less than 3 months. Congrats! Thanks for updating.