ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

meforsam786
Newly Registered

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding SET(LR))

Post by meforsam786 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:40 pm

DEAR ALL ,

HOPE SOMEBODY WILL HELP ME OUT WITH THIS ITS VERY IMP for us

TODAY I RECEIEVED A LETTER FROM HOME OFFICE
LETTER DATED ON 5 MARCH 2015

'WE AIM TO PROCESS ALL APPLICATION WITHIN 6 MONTHS FROM THE DATE SUBMITTED. HOWEVER IN CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES THIS TARGET IS NOT POSSIBLE. FOLLOWING OUR ASSESSMENT OF YOUR CASE, UNFORTUNATELY IS APPEARS YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE PROCESSED WITHIN THE 6 MONTHS TARGET

THIS IS BECAUSE WE ARE WAITING FROM ANOTHER GOVERNEMENT DEPARTMENT OR AGENCY TO VERIFY SOME OF THE INFORMATION OR DOCUMENTS YOU HAVE GIVEN TO US . I AM SORRY FOR THE DELAY IN DEALING WITH YOUR APPLICATION AND FOR THE INCONVENIENCE THIS IS CAUSING

PLEASE ASSURED WE ARE DOIN ALL WE CAN . WE EXPECT TO MAKE A DECISION ON YOUR APPLICATION BY 17/07/15 BUT WE WILL WRITE YOU AGAIN IF THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE POSSIBLE

Any more suggestiona will bw of great help

sajjuz

Post by sajjuz » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:01 am

Meforsam786,
This waiting period is really hard. I believe home office is going to do extensive checks with HMRC, which will take them some more time. Nothing you can do other than wait. Are all your taxes in order? Did you always keep your taxes the same, as you showed in your previous applications? I mean you didn't for extensions purposes show a nice chunck of income and later after being granted extension amend your taxes? If everything is in order than nothing to worry about. Just let them do their checks and then InshaAllah you will get it soon.

Awara and Entrepreneur 10 jobs any updates?

awara
Newly Registered

Post by awara » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:40 pm

Hi
I have applied under set m in December but haven't heard anything back yet from HO.

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:11 pm

Awara,

Have you tried callinh HO ? If so what they said ?

awara
Newly Registered

Post by awara » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:52 pm

I didn't called them yet buddy

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:03 pm

A call will not hurt.....might assist in timeline accessment.

awara
Newly Registered

Post by awara » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:41 pm

No use to call when they clearly mentioned it can take up to 6 months

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:42 pm

Good to see a relaxed person !! here. Best of luck

meforsam786
Newly Registered

Post by meforsam786 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:51 pm

sajjuz wrote:Meforsam786,
This waiting period is really hard. I believe home office is going to do extensive checks with HMRC, which will take them some more time. Nothing you can do other than wait. Are all your taxes in order? Did you always keep your taxes the same, as you showed in your previous applications? I mean you didn't for extensions purposes show a nice chunck of income and later after being granted extension amend your taxes? If everything is in order than nothing to worry about. Just let them do their checks and then InshaAllah you will get it soon.

Awara and Entrepreneur 10 jobs any updates?
Yes
after i did my extensionin 2012 i did pay my tax whatever was due

i paid them in installments

My accountant said it does not matter as lond as you have paid all taxes until your ilr is due

dont know how long will they tske as hmrc guidlines is to reply within four weeks
Fingers crossed

do they normally go back and check paid taxes ,from extension or from the first point when ur tier 1 was issuaed 5 years back ??

chris365
Newly Registered

Post by chris365 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:25 am

good day everyone ,i trust you are all well....im desperate and i need your help please..
i arrived in the uk in july 2009 and applied 3 months late my leave ended on june 2014 and i applied on september 2014
i applied for ILR and got refused...they said 1 )because it was late 2)because i didn't do the english test(english is my mother tongue)but apparently they don't consider south africans as english and 3) i lost my biometric permit and didn't apply for a new one(i only didn't because i was waiting to apply for my ILR)
they issued me a is151a ....I had the right to appeal but i couldn't afford to loose the appeal and my ticket home ..
i left the country within a week of my refusal letter at my own expense
i have no criminal record
I've always done everything by the book
the only reason why my application was late was due to my grandad dying and depleting all my funds and putting me in a demotivated,couldn't care,emotional mess but i picked myself up and saved up again but unfortunately it was late...
i am now back in south africa it has bee 3 weeks since i left i want to apply for my ancestral visa again....but i have been told i will be banned for 12 months.....i have not read or seen this ban in my refusal letter nor my passport there are no stamps...
when i left heathrow they gave me a letter to give to the airline>the airline then gave me my ticket>i went through security>i called the number and a kind guy just came over asked me to confirm my name and date of birth and gave me all my documents with passport and that was it....
so my question is what should i do?will i be banned?
thank you so much
kind regards
chris :shock:

sajjuz

Post by sajjuz » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:27 am

meforsam786 wrote:
sajjuz wrote:Meforsam786,
Yes
after i did my extensionin 2012 i did pay my tax whatever was due

i paid them in installments

My accountant said it does not matter as lond as you have paid all taxes until your ilr is due

dont know how long will they tske as hmrc guidlines is to reply within four weeks
Fingers crossed

do they normally go back and check paid taxes ,from extension or from the first point when ur tier 1 was issuaed 5 years back ??

As long as its been paid it won't be an issue. Its just a matter of time. InshaAllah they will grant it soon.

sajjuz

Post by sajjuz » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:31 am

Chris did you leave at governments expense? Or did you buy your own ticket back?

chris365
Newly Registered

Post by chris365 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:33 am

hi sajjus
thanks for the quick reply..
i bought my own ticket home and left at my own expense

sajjuz

Post by sajjuz » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:45 am

Who told you that you will be banned and why? You will have to give an english test. Sorry I don't have information on your visa category, but I believe you would have to apply for a visa and not ilr.

chris365
Newly Registered

Post by chris365 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:49 am

i approached a company called 1st contact and they said i should wait 12 months ...they didn't even look into my case they just asked when did your leave expire and when did you leave the uk ....my leave expired in june 2014 and i applied for ilr in september 2014 then i got there decision in feb 2015 so i have been in the uk for 7 months without leave apparently....so i suppose the reason is the fact that i overstayed....sajjus i have a refusal letter if you want to have a read...i would really appreciate it
kind regards
chris

sajjuz

Post by sajjuz » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:57 am

That makes sense. I would agree that it would be classified as overstay and therefore the ban. While you are waiting you should arrange for the english test and save up for the maintenance funds.

chris365
Newly Registered

Post by chris365 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:06 pm

i don't think i will be able to apply for ilr,so i will be applying for my ancestral again....is there no way around the ban?even if i have a justified reason for my late application...

sajjuz

Post by sajjuz » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:12 pm

Chris look into this:

62.2 Voluntary departure at individual’s own expense (one year bans)
Illegal entrants, those who breach a condition attached to their leave, and those who overstay their lawful leave by more than 90 days, who leave the UK voluntarily at their own expense are ordinarily subject to a mandatory one year re-entry ban unless they are applying for entry clearance as a Family Member (under Appendix FM of the immigration rules) or they were under 18 at the time of their most recent breach (as set out at paragraphs A320 and 320(7B) of the Immigration Rules).

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... pter62.pdf

awara
Newly Registered

Post by awara » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:12 pm

Hi sajjuz

i rang HO asking which month's applications they processing for indefinate leave to remain , the lady Replied on january 2015's.
hope we will hear some good news soon , In Sha Allah .

saquib_90
Newly Registered

Post by saquib_90 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:18 pm

Hi Awara

I have applied for ILR - Set O on 29 Jan. Have you checked specifically for Set M or Set O ? Is there any difference in waiting time ?

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:49 pm

Hello all,

After a tiresome wait of 12 months exactly.. My husband has finally received his BRP.

ILR granted Finally!

Alhumdhulila
Allah is the greatest!

awara
Newly Registered

Post by awara » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:58 pm

saquib_90

i asked about set m . don't know if its the same for set O as well .

Exquisit33 congrulations . may ALLAH be always with u . Ameen

saquib_90
Newly Registered

Post by saquib_90 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:01 pm

Dear Awara

Many thnx for your reply

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:41 pm

Saquib90

Your set o was on what route? T1 ent of gen or any other.
Also have any more Dec applications come thru.
Or any Jan come thru?

shogul
Newly Registered

Post by shogul » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:59 pm

Exquisit33 wrote:Hello all,

After a tiresome wait of 12 months exactly.. My husband has finally received his BRP.

ILR granted Finally!

Alhumdhulila
Hi Exquisti33

Congratulations on getting the BRP!

We also sent our application in March 2014 and my wife had her interview in Liverpool in January 2015 but we are still yet to receive anything, hope it will come soon...

Congratulations again, was there any reason they sent the BRP so late? Did you contact the HO?