ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zilcan
Newly Registered

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding SET(LR))

Post by zilcan » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:13 am

Applied on 12/02/2015,
Received confirmation letter on 20/02/2015,
Biometric done on 02/03/2015
and still waiting...

Any idea, how long does it take in the process???

saquib_90
Newly Registered

Post by saquib_90 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:50 am

Dear Zilcan

As per previous thread, average time is around 3 - 4 months if eveything goes fine..other wise god knows....lol

saquib_90
Newly Registered

Post by saquib_90 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:51 am

Dear Entreprenure 10 jobs /// d10l07

Any luck ???

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:49 pm

Saquib,

No news.
Have you seen any Set O ilr come in the last 2 weeks ?? 2 reasons can be causeing more delays
1. Easter holidays. (Last year timelines were Faster just before Easter !!!!)
2. Upcoming changes wef Apr 6, Although they do not effect Old applications. But the processing of ilr s may be slow.
Views?.........

d10l07
Newly Registered

Post by d10l07 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:22 am

Well, that might be correct as there hasn't been much for more than 2 weeks now..... Still, within the normal 3- 4.5 months waiting times though. We can only be hopeful while waiting.

saquib_90
Newly Registered

Post by saquib_90 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:09 am

Hi Entreprenure

Yup agree with you....lets hope for the best

d10l07
Newly Registered

Post by d10l07 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:25 pm

Hallelujah, praise to God, I received my BRP 5 minutes ago! Ilr granted! Documents coming soon I guess. I pray everyone receives good news. Thanks everyone and good luck.

Time line.
Applied 6th january.
Biometrics. 21st January.
BRP
received. 31st March.

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:20 pm

Great its good news bless you....
Also good to know ilrs are comming thru after a seemingly an interval

saquib_90
Newly Registered

Post by saquib_90 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:41 pm

Hi d10l07

Many congratulations .....All the best for future !! Cheers !!

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:45 pm

Saquib,

Remind me pls yours t1 ent accelerated route?
Any others here on this route. Or any idea of specific t1 ent acc route threads , timelines. Apprecited

saquib_90
Newly Registered

Post by saquib_90 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:45 am

Hi Entreprenure

Mine is Tier -1 General route ( 3 + 2 ). I am not sure about T1 Ent. Even dont know about d10l07.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:11 am

I applied for Set M 26/01/2015 and received my approved letter yesterday 2 and half years rather than indefinite leave to remain due to English-test. I submitted Pearson Test which I got 67 and high score in listening and speaking. I don't understand why they gave me 2 years and half especially I applied under the old rules.

Has anyone experienced this type of problem before?

Thanks
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:53 pm

Normally if the decision is contrary to your application. The ho letter says why decision has been so taken, is there an explanation given to you.....first.

If several steps can be taken by you. ?

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:59 pm

Thank you Enterpr

I just summarised everything the UKBA said with regards to my application. They refused to give me ILR due to English test, I did PTE Pearson which is among the list of the UKBA recommended English test. I have recently been to the UKBA website and they have updated their list which means they don't take PTE from April 6th of this year. I have applied in Jan so my English test is still valid as it specially mentioned on their website. I was wondering maybe the Caseworker was wrong to give me the wrong decision because i have checked the old list and Pearson PTE is among the recommended ones which is valid for my application. I'm just very confused with this decision.

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:12 pm

Todmatt,
As ive understood, Only the eng test is an issue, you should challenge the decision, i would. Did you self apply ?
Do you want to communicate specifcally via email, perhaps i can assist from experiences ?

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:26 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I did my application through a solicitor and he made a mistake by not declaring English Language and that's the reason why they gave me further leave to remain because I have just checked the application form itself i.e SET M form and I found out that, He did not declare it. I'm quite upset by this mistake, He told me not to contest the decision by the caseworker and I should filled him for another application when there's enough money.

Thanks for your help but my advice for anyone using solicitors for their application. Check your application with them before they sent it off.

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:14 pm

Todmatt,

I would contest the decision, stating error by the solicitor s ill advise. Do you have right of appeal or right of admin review ?
Maybe get another opinion from another solicitor too. Why do you suffer stress and money loss again for bad advice.
Thats my opinion

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:41 pm

@Enterpreneur

Check your PM

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:11 pm

Todmatt
Pls chk my pm reply, thx

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:43 pm

Check your PM AGAIN PLS

pkjh1708
Newly Registered

Post by pkjh1708 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:27 pm

Hi All

I am new to this forum, I applied for ILR Set M, but have not received a response as yet.

My timeline is as follow:

Date of Application: 12/02/2015
Date of Acknowledgement: 16/02/2015
Date of Biometric letter: 23/02/2015
Date Biometric given: 02/03/2015
Date Document returned: Waiting
Date Biometric card rec'd: Waiting.

Any ILR Set M approvals recently?

John McOuba
Newly Registered

Post by John McOuba » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:50 pm

Hello everybody,

I wonder how long do you have to wait to get the Biometrics letter? I got my application submited on the 5th March, Acknowledgment letter recieved on the 12th March and since then i heard nothing from them!!! does the Easter holiday affect the processing time that much? is over one month now that my application have been sent and still waiting. I hope that is not a sign of 12 months waiting time!!!! hoping to get it by late June so FC.
I was wondering also if everyone has to do the Biometrics even though i have done them once before i was granted the visa to enter the UK, does that counts or not?
Thanks in advance

John McOuba wrote:Hello Everybody,

hope you are all doing well despite the waiting times being too long.
well; i have recently submitted my application for the IRL SET (M); submitted 5th March 2015 using standard postal option (regretted later as I should have gone with the fastest option); i know it is a bit too early to post but based on the so many posts i read on here the waiting time is between 4 to 6 months, and 3 months the earliest with over 6 months the latest. did anybody here heard of anyone who got their application quickly processed (less than 3 months with the standard postal)? I heard that the 2 years path can be processed quicker than the 5 years and 10 years just because the 2 years have less documentations to be checked, is that true?
once again; i hope you are all fine and hope your applications will be completed positively soon....
Thanmirth

IRL SET (M) via standard postal
Application submitted: 5th March
I got nothing and heard nothing... so just got on the "long waiting" train heading to tranquility ;-)

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:51 am

Hi John,

Have you tried ringing their office? because the caseworker might have issued out a biometric invitation and it was lost in the post. Some individuals do get their Biometric info same day they got the Acknowledgement letter or few days later. Regarding your previous post, The fastest settlement application in my own opinion is SET LR based on google timeline, it takes roughly 2 to 3 weeks after biometric invitation. Check for yourself on google

Ring their number and let them know, you have yet to receive your biometric invitation.
John McOuba wrote:Hello everybody,

I wonder how long do you have to wait to get the Biometrics letter? I got my application submited on the 5th March, Acknowledgment letter recieved on the 12th March and since then i heard nothing from them!!! does the Easter holiday affect the processing time that much? is over one month now that my application have been sent and still waiting. I hope that is not a sign of 12 months waiting time!!!! hoping to get it by late June so FC.
I was wondering also if everyone has to do the Biometrics even though i have done them once before i was granted the visa to enter the UK, does that counts or not?
Thanks in advance

John McOuba wrote:Hello Everybody,

hope you are all doing well despite the waiting times being too long.
well; i have recently submitted my application for the IRL SET (M); submitted 5th March 2015 using standard postal option (regretted later as I should have gone with the fastest option); i know it is a bit too early to post but based on the so many posts i read on here the waiting time is between 4 to 6 months, and 3 months the earliest with over 6 months the latest. did anybody here heard of anyone who got their application quickly processed (less than 3 months with the standard postal)? I heard that the 2 years path can be processed quicker than the 5 years and 10 years just because the 2 years have less documentations to be checked, is that true?
once again; i hope you are all fine and hope your applications will be completed positively soon....
Thanmirth

IRL SET (M) via standard postal
Application submitted: 5th March
I got nothing and heard nothing... so just got on the "long waiting" train heading to tranquility ;-)

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:50 pm

John,

Almost All entry clearence visa require biometrics done outside at UK embassy.

After that Every time you apply for visa, extension or ILR. First item HO requires is a re do of biometrics after fee is taken, this ensures you are the Same person and the HO records it.

Timelines for biometrics can vary BUT generally soon after fee is taken. Good to call HO & get info re bio letter.

saquib_90
Newly Registered

Post by saquib_90 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:07 am

Dear Entreprenure

Finally some good news from my end

Set O - Applied on 28 Jan 2015 ( Tier 1 General - 3 year + 2 year )
Confirmation Rec - 07 Feb
Biometric done - 13 Feb
Approval letter - 07 April
Awaiting - BRP