ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

timco
Newly Registered

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding SET(LR))

Post by timco » Wed May 13, 2015 11:14 am

We seem to have been issued with a wrong pass

We applied on the ILR form (SET M) and have only been issued with a 2 year biometric pass similar to the old one we had which also says no public funds on it.

I presume this is a mistake how do we correct it?

they took the money for an ILR (we are on the old time scales not the new ones) but not issued the right pass.

sajjuz

Post by sajjuz » Wed May 13, 2015 11:44 am

Timco,
Could you give us more information? As when did you apply? What was your previous timelines?

rrrr19
Newly Registered

Post by rrrr19 » Wed May 13, 2015 11:57 am

Hi Harmony,

Its an Auto email from Home Office sending to all Applicants who process ILR.I have got 3 email so far, they are are sending it in Periodic basis (Monthly). First one will get at time of Biometric complete. Second one followed by same date next month,...so on

Ta
Raj

timco
Newly Registered

Post by timco » Wed May 13, 2015 12:03 pm

sajjuz wrote:Timco,
Could you give us more information? As when did you apply? What was your previous timelines?
Applied late Feb (fee taken 04 March) under the pre-July 09 change so 2 years not 5 on the correct form and the acknowledgement letter also states iLR.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Wed May 13, 2015 12:10 pm

Hi,

What did the approval letter states?

sajjuz

Post by sajjuz » Wed May 13, 2015 12:30 pm

If the approval letter clearly states it then you have to contact them. If there a number listed that you should call
If any of the details on your permit are not correct? If not contact UKVI. The number is on this forum.

timco
Newly Registered

Post by timco » Wed May 13, 2015 12:38 pm

babycakes wrote:Hi,

What did the approval letter states?
Not had one yet must be in the package waiting at the Sorting office with the passports etc that I can't collect till Saturday.

But surely it does not matter you have either been accepted for ILR or not and if not then the thing rejected under what provision is there for another 2 year pass? Even under the new rules it is 30 months (2.5 years)

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Wed May 13, 2015 2:29 pm

Timco,

I suggest not to stress out Till the documents / ukvi letter / fee paid is fully seen.
I understand from solicitors these days, many cases are decide on present rules. Whereas, the particular case might relate to Old rules.
However sufh cases are can rectified easily, just more time is wasted. There is ways to address such errors.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Wed May 13, 2015 3:00 pm

Timco,

The approval letter will clear up the confusion, a friend of mine got an extension rather than indefinite even though the full fee was paid. Another person got an extension rather than indefinite because the case worker didn't believe they showed enough evidence that the marriage was legitimate.

So hang on and the approval letter will explain what happened.

John McOuba
Newly Registered

Post by John McOuba » Wed May 13, 2015 7:37 pm

Hello guys; here is my outcome:

Set M (2 years), standard postal, but I did it with the help of my solicitor.
applied on the 5th of March, almost a month after that I got the acknowledgement letter, the 15 April i got the biometric letter with wrong details so requested another one which arrived on the 23rd April, biometric taken same day, today i got my ILR, a biiiig relief :-)
the time in total is 2 months and 8 days :-).
best of luck guys
Amazigh

sajjuz

Post by sajjuz » Wed May 13, 2015 9:59 pm

John McOuba wrote:Hello guys; here is my outcome:

Set M (2 years), standard postal, but I did it with the help of my solicitor.
applied on the 5th of March, almost a month after that I got the acknowledgement letter, the 15 April i got the biometric letter with wrong details so requested another one which arrived on the 23rd April, biometric taken same day, today i got my ILR, a biiiig relief :-)
the time in total is 2 months and 8 days :-).
best of luck guys
Amazigh

Innocentdevil and Amazigh,
Glad to hear your news. Congrats to both of you!!! Keep us in your prayers and enjoy your unlimited stay in the UK!

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Wed May 13, 2015 10:24 pm

Congrats,

Good to know ho is not sleep or on tea break and are very much issuing ilr.

Good luck to all still waiting including myself.

Since2015
Newly Registered

Post by Since2015 » Thu May 14, 2015 8:40 am

Hi All,

I have received biometric card on Tuesday for my ILR.

I was going through BRP card and I found the Valid until date (Expiry date) was 5 month short of 10 years. I have raised this issue with BRP error Team. I got reply from them that they are looking into this and investigating this.

Then after I spoke to home office and learnt that the expiry date on card is expiry date of card not ILR. and I emailed BRP error team to stop further investigation.

Do I have to worry here. do they cancel my existing BRP card.

Waiting for your reply Please

Thanks

timco
Newly Registered

Post by timco » Sat May 16, 2015 11:12 am

It seems it was rejected on the basis we did not prove the English ability to the satisfaction of the legislation on the basis that the testing organisation is no longer on the list.

Disgraceful but at least we have a 2 year pass to start correcting this decision or then make another application.

Apparently 2.5 years around English speakers is going to have ruined my wife's near perfect English! (she has a Russian degree in English)

This bit
or
(b) the applicant-
(i) has limited leave to enter or remain in the UK, and
(ii) that leave (or a grant of leave which preceded it provided any periods of leave
since have been unbroken) was given on the basis that the applicant had an
English language qualification at a minimum level of B1 on the Common European
Framework of Reference for Languages.
(iii) at the date of application, the provider of that qualification continues to be
approved by the Secretary of State as specified in Appendix O to these Rule
s.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Sat May 16, 2015 10:44 pm

This is crazy I Dont know why ho must do that. After charging so much for the fee in the first place. Then they don't even refund a part of the money.

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Sun May 17, 2015 7:27 am

harmony01 wrote:Dear Saquib,

Congrats to you and everyone that has received their ILR goodnews from the home office.

I would have congratulated you even before this time because our timeframe (wife is the main applicant while am the dependant) but due to the fact that the board wouldn't let me sign up until now and I only followed the thread without being signing up for months.

Our Timeframe:

Applied for ILR: 02/02/15
Biometrics done: 13/02/15
Now the wait begins until 24th of April that we received letter dated 22nd of April from the Cardiff PEO signed by the General Group Managed Migrant Directorate stating that my wife declared a specific amount in her 2011/2012 tax year to UKBA during her extension application but she didn't declare the same amount to HMRC in the 2011/2012 tax return.
Meanwhile, she did but in the following year (2012/2013) and we made sure she paid all the tax on the money before we applied for ILR and she's not owing HMRC a dine and as our accountant even said, HMRC should be owing her at the end of it all.
We have already replied and attached the HMRC statement of account where it shows how she paid the tax owing on the profit declared with some full explanations.
My point now is this: 1. Anyone with an idea how faster the Cardiff PEO can respond to us after all these or do they still need to go and verify these again at the HMRC and how long can it take? Because I have an important travel scheduled for early June.
2. What is now our fate on this issue. Though, am not really worries about it as far as am concerned because we not owing a dine and as they stated in the letter, that's the only thing that we need to explain about the discrepancy as every other thing are intact except for this which needs full explanation and supporting documents to prompt our application which we already did?

Anyone in the house with any advice on these issue on ground because my wife is always curious and feel a bit down most times.

PS: It was full time employment during the ILR so, she wasn't on self employed this time but was fully self employed only during the extension.

Thanks for your kind advice in advance house.

HARMONY
Hi HARMONY

Is there any update? What about Tier1 General initial application was it also self employed or employment.

Thanks
Regards
Kashif

harmony01
Newly Registered

Post by harmony01 » Mon May 18, 2015 9:49 am

Hi HARMONY

Is there any update? What about Tier1 General initial application was it also self employed or employment.

Thanks
Regards
Kashif[/quote]

Hi Kashif,

No update yet. Hoping to receive good news any moment soon. Tier 1 gen extension was self employed while ILR was fully employed.

The delay is from the extension period.

Thanks.

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:06 am

harmony01 wrote:Hi HARMONY

Thanks
Regards
Kashif
Hi Kashif,

No update yet. Hoping to receive good news any moment soon. Tier 1 gen extension was self employed while ILR was fully employed.

The delay is from the extension period.

Thanks.[/quote]

Thanks HARMONY What about 1st Tier 1 General initial application Not extension was it also self-employed or full employment or both. Did Home office asked about that Income.

Thanks
Regards
Kashif

harmony01
Newly Registered

Post by harmony01 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:14 am

Thanks HARMONY What about 1st Tier 1 General initial application Not extension was it also self-employed or full employment or both. Did Home office asked about that Income.

No! It was initially an EC made from our home country & not in the UK.

Cheers

pkjh1708
Newly Registered

Post by pkjh1708 » Thu May 21, 2015 4:47 pm

babycakes wrote:
pkjh1708 wrote:Hi All

I am new to this forum, I applied for ILR Set M, but have not received a response as yet.

My timeline is as follow:

Date of Application: 12/02/2015
Date of Acknowledgement: 16/02/2015
Date of Biometric letter: 23/02/2015
Date Biometric given: 02/03/2015
Date Document returned: Still waiting
Date Biometric card rec'd: 21/05/2015

Any ILR Set M approvals recently?

Any news yet on your application pkjh?
Finally received my BRP today 21/05/2015 for ILR Set M, I am so happy, hope everyone receives good news soon.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Thu May 21, 2015 6:08 pm

congrats finally some news!

Tahakhan
Newly Registered

Post by Tahakhan » Thu May 21, 2015 9:10 pm

hi pkjh1708

did u switch to FLR (M) from PBS dependent before applying on SET (M)?

pkjh1708
Newly Registered

Post by pkjh1708 » Fri May 22, 2015 1:27 pm

babycakes wrote:congrats finally some news!
Thanks a million

pkjh1708
Newly Registered

Post by pkjh1708 » Fri May 22, 2015 1:28 pm

Tahakhan wrote:hi pkjh1708

did u switch to FLR (M) from PBS dependent before applying on SET (M)?
No I was never on a PBS dependent visa, I switched from Student to FLR M then to Set M

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Fri May 22, 2015 8:41 pm

What's Is your question?