ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Semper
Newly Registered

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding SET(LR))

Post by Semper » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:30 pm

snowball001 wrote: -letter on absences (210 days in 5 years; self explaining that I was on holidays; no business-related evidence)

-absence: around 40 days every year, therefore no complications
Congratulation! And thank you for sharing this
One quick question re absence: have you provided any evidence (e.g. tickets?)

shehry
Newly Registered

Post by shehry » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:35 pm

Alhamd O Lilah, ILR APPROVED today.

SET O PBS dependent.

Applied : 31Mar15
BRP RCVD : 05JUN15
Documents : Waiting

I took 2 months and 5 days.

All the best for people who are waiting. You will hear good news soon..

snowball001
Newly Registered

Post by snowball001 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:27 pm

Semper wrote:
snowball001 wrote: -letter on absences (210 days in 5 years; self explaining that I was on holidays; no business-related evidence)

-absence: around 40 days every year, therefore no complications
Congratulation! And thank you for sharing this
One quick question re absence: have you provided any evidence (e.g. tickets?)
Thanks, Semper. No I did not provide any evidence. I only submitted the letter and my passport with entry/exit stamps should corroborate it.

harmony01
Newly Registered

Post by harmony01 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:03 am

harmony01 wrote:Dear Saquib,

Congrats to you and everyone that has received their ILR goodnews from the home office.

I would have congratulated you even before this time because our timeframe (wife is the main applicant while am the dependant) but due to the fact that the board wouldn't let me sign up until now and I only followed the thread without being signing up for months.

Our Timeframe:

Applied for ILR: 02/02/15
Biometrics done: 13/02/15
Now the wait begins until 24th of April that we received letter dated 22nd of April from the Cardiff PEO signed by the General Group Managed Migrant Directorate stating that my wife declared a specific amount in her 2011/2012 tax year to UKBA during her extension application but she didn't declare the same amount to HMRC in the 2011/2012 tax return.
Meanwhile, she did but in the following year (2012/2013) and we made sure she paid all the tax on the money before we applied for ILR and she's not owing HMRC a dine and as our accountant even said, HMRC should be owing her at the end of it all.
We have already replied and attached the HMRC statement of account where it shows how she paid the tax owing on the profit declared with some full explanations.
My point now is this: 1. Anyone with an idea how faster the Cardiff PEO can respond to us after all these or do they still need to go and verify these again at the HMRC and how long can it take? Because I have an important travel scheduled for early June.
2. What is now our fate on this issue. Though, am not really worries about it as far as am concerned because we not owing a dine and as they stated in the letter, that's the only thing that we need to explain about the discrepancy as every other thing are intact except for this which needs full explanation and supporting documents to prompt our application which we already did?

Anyone in the house with any advice on these issue on ground because my wife is always curious and feel a bit down most times.

PS: It was full time employment during the ILR so, she wasn't on self employed this time but was fully self employed only during the extension.

Thanks for your kind advice in advance house.

HARMONY

Hie everyone,

Sure anyone can relate with my previous post here? If at all, if anyone can go through it again and you will really understand as I am sending this post in relation to it.

After we sent the proof to show that we've paid all the tax due and it indicated that (HO) acknowledged the letter (over 5 weeks now), we haven't heard any news from their end all these while and we don't really know what's going on or if there is a delay from the HMRC for the past five weeks because it shouldn't be taken HMRC so long like that I guess as the record is already there. .

Can anyone advice if we may call or do any follow up with them(HO) most especially I have my grandma's burial in Africa in two weeks time.

Thanks for any advice.

Harmony.

SiCKovWaiTinG
Newly Registered

Post by SiCKovWaiTinG » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:55 am

Application submitted 23/02/2015
Biometrics letter received 06/03/2015
Biometric enrolled 14/03/2015
Wife withdraws sponsorship 15/04/2015
Wife applies for divorce 15/05/2015
Wife leaves the house 16/05/2015
Interview letter received 05/06/2015
Interview expected to take place on 29/06/2015
Slow death.

giridharpn
Newly Registered

Post by giridharpn » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:20 pm

Tier 1 General to ILR
Set(o) with 2 dependents
Application Sent: 31-March-2015
Received: 01-Apr-2015
Bio done on: 11-Apr-2015
Doc Returned:08/06/1015
Bio Card:08/06/1015
Date from:03/06/2015
All the best to those who are waiting. Wish you all get your ILR soon.

vinoj.cardoza
Newly Registered

Post by vinoj.cardoza » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:58 pm

Congrats gridharpn,

I applied on 13th March, and still waiting for the reply.

tomorrowshalltell
Newly Registered

Post by tomorrowshalltell » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:02 am

Harmony1 I know the feeling when you've got an important travel scheduled but HO won't make a decision on time. You should be fine since you've sent them proofs and supporting documents to prove that you don't owe tax. From the look of things, it seems either HMRC or HO are taking their time.
I suggest you give them a ring at least they should be able to tell you something. Good luck.

harmony01
Newly Registered

Post by harmony01 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:01 pm

Tomorrowshalltell, thanks for your kind advise and encouragement.
Though, have not been so worried like this before but just due to the fact that it's important I attend my grandma's burial and it's just two weeks left. If not, I wouldn't have bothered until it arrives.
Will do as said before the close of work of HO today.

rrrr19
Newly Registered

Post by rrrr19 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:30 pm

Finally!!!! After 3 months 2 weeks..

Applied SET (o) on 25th Feb along with 2 dependants from Tier 1 General (3 +2 yrs)
13 th March - Done Biometric
Documents Return - 09/06/2015
BRP - 09/06/2015

Best of luck for all....

cheers
Raj

anasjamil2

Post by anasjamil2 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:40 pm

Congratulations.

I Applied on 16 March2015. Still waiting.

deedoc49
Newly Registered

Post by deedoc49 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:52 pm

congrats to all. To the rest of us, hope we hear our good news soon!

harmony01
Newly Registered

Post by harmony01 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:26 pm

harmony01 wrote:Tomorrowshalltell, thanks for your kind advise and encouragement.
Though, have not been so worried like this before but just due to the fact that it's important I attend my grandma's burial and it's just two weeks left. If not, I wouldn't have bothered until it arrives.
Thanks once again Tomorrowshalltell. Made a call but they said they will make a call back within 48hrs after I gave the details of the application.

Harmony

vinoj.cardoza
Newly Registered

Post by vinoj.cardoza » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:52 am

deedoc49 wrote:congrats to all. To the rest of us, hope we hear our good news soon!
Hi deedoc,
We both applied almost at the same time.

Are you self-employed or full time employed?
Did you apply through a solicitor or by yourself?

Thanks

anasjamil2

Post by anasjamil2 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:47 pm

Applied SetO on 16th March.
ILR received 10th June.

kkbk2007
Newly Registered

My time lines

Post by kkbk2007 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:25 pm

Hi All

I am glad to let you all know that I have now recieved my BRP today (11/02/2015).

My previous status: Tier 1 General 3 +2

Application made for: me + 2 dependants (I had a CCJ which i have diclosed in application)

Application date: 17/02/2015

Date of acknowldgement :19/02/2015

Date of biometerics request recieved:14/03/2015 (actual letter dated 10/03/2015)

Date of biometrics provided: 14/03/2015

Email recieved to acknowledge that he application is under consideration: 11/04/2015

2nd Email recieved to acknowledge that he application is under consideration: 12/05/2015

BRP recived with approval letter :11/06/2015

Original Documents: Still Awaiting.....

Hope this helps..All the best for everyone who is waiting

KKBK2007

bay123
Newly Registered

Post by bay123 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:30 am

harmony01 wrote:
harmony01 wrote:Tomorrowshalltell, thanks for your kind advise and encouragement.
Thanks once again Tomorrowshalltell. Made a call but they said they will make a call back within 48hrs after I gave the details of the application.

Harmony
@ Harmony, Did HO call you back within the stated time frame?

harmony01
Newly Registered

Post by harmony01 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:09 pm

Hi Bay,

Though, have made up my mind even before their call that I won't bother myself anymore until I see the documents back.
Called HO after the 48hrs was lapsed yesterday and they promised to call back before the end of the day but didn't see any call until some time ago and they asked me to put it in writing which I know it's a long process for me as per what I needed it for.
Though, am not afraid of anything as am very sure the ILR would be given but I will only put my trust in God to push it out asap as someone is somehow stagnant without the paper.
I have a very important role to play in my grandma's burial but once there is no right documents to travel at the moment, nothing to do.

Harmony

harmony01
Newly Registered

Post by harmony01 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:31 pm

Hi everyone,

Can anyone shed more light to these, please? We are on Tier 1 Gen (3+2) and self employment during the extension but full time employment during the ILR.
After the HO have asked for proof that we declare tax to HMRC (though, declared the ffg year and paid all the tax owe after we did the extension) when we did extension which we provided for them a month plus now. We received another letter today asking to come for an interview and bring proof of National Insurance Number (NINO) along for the interview.
Please, anyone know why the HO asking for this again? Any quick and relevant answer, hint or info would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Harmony

harmony01
Newly Registered

Post by harmony01 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:19 pm

Hi muruguan,

Hope the ILR was granted after your interview and how many days/weeks/months did that take them. Did they ask for additional documents after or before the interview and were you also asked to bring your NINO during the interview.
Thank you for your response.

harmony01
Newly Registered

Post by harmony01 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:35 pm

murugan14 wrote:Date of application : 03-05-2014
Application type : Set O . Tier 1general 3 + 2 to ilr.
no of dependants : 2

Date of interview letter : 29/01/2015
Interview date : 09/02/2015

Attended the interview yesterday at vfs london battleship building, most of the interview did go well and at the end, they said have got two queries from my case worker about the discrepancy in my earning claimed on my previous application. The interviewer said they have got the information from HMRC showing only half the amount of the earning what i have claimed during my application. i explained to them becoz the earning claimed was not for the full tax year and falls on different tax years there might be some differences and offered them to send my statements which would make them clear. Not sure if it was a satisfactory reply to the case worker.

Now keeping my fingers crossed and expecting the worse incase my explanation was not accepted. :?

Hi muruguan,

Hope the ILR was granted after your interview and how many days/weeks/months did that take them. Did they ask for additional documents after or before the interview and were you also asked to bring your NINO during the interview.
Thank you for your response.

tomorrowshalltell
Newly Registered

Post by tomorrowshalltell » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:29 am

babycakes wrote:
tomorrowshalltell wrote:Congratulations to you guys that got their ILR approved. Just a bit of update on my application. I wrote the home office last month to return my passport when I discovered that I sat the wrong English language test.
I got a letter in the post last week with my passport and a letter asking me to sit the approved test which I've booked for tomorrow. Fingers crossed HO will make a decision on my application as soon as I sit the test. I applied by post in first week of February.

You have a very good case worker that has given you the opportunity to sit the correct test some would have just refuse your application. This is good news for you. You Dont have anything to worry about.
Just a bit of update guys. I sat the approved test, certificate only came last week so I sent it to the HO as soon as I had it. I rang them up today for the first time in four months. Maybe I shouldn't have rang considering the fact that I only sent the test certificate last week but I was getting a bit anxious as I really need my stuffs back (with approved ILR hopefully) to apply for student finance for Uni. I've gone past student finance application deadline already. I didn't get anything out of the person I spoke to but he said his colleague will give me a ring within 2 days.
I normally get an automated email from HO on the 14th of every month since my application. I've not got it this month maybe that means something so fingers crossed.

vinoj.cardoza
Newly Registered

Post by vinoj.cardoza » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:19 am

Hi,
My timeline for ILR throught Tier 1 (3 + 2) with 3 dependants

Application sent: 13th March 2015
Acknowledgement: 20th March dated 17th March 2015
Biometric letter: 2nd April 2015
Biometric done: 4th April 2015
Approval letter: 15th June 2015 dated 11th June 2015
Documents returned: 15th June 2015
BRP: waiting...

Exactly 3 months 2 days.

Thanks

vjvjvj
Newly Registered

Post by vjvjvj » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:33 am

Hi All - Finally application approved, my timelines below, Good Luck to all waiting hopefully you would get soon as well.

Set(0) 3+2+2 Main + 1 Dependent
Application sent First Class Next Day by 01 pm: 26/03/2015
Account Debited/Fees Taken: 30/03/2015
Acknowledgment letter: Dated 30/03/2015 Received on 06/04/2015
Biometrics Letter: Dated on 21/04/2015; Received on 25/04/2015
Biometrics Enrolment: 26/04/2015
Email from UK Visa and Immigration stating Your application has been received and is being considered - 22/04/2015
Email from UK Visa and Immigration stating Your application is still under consideration and decision should be made within 6 months - 21/05/2015
Phone call from Home Office - A very humble voice requesting my wife's degree details which I missed to attach with initial application, basically to ensure my wife's degree was taught in English - 12/06/2015
Sent Wife's Degree with PBS print out showing degree acknowledged in it's UK NARIC database - 13/06/2015
Application approved Decision Letter Received and all docs returned :) : 17/06/2015
New BRP: Hopefully should arrive in next week or so :-)

So basically less than 3 months pretty good.

murugan14
Newly Registered

Post by murugan14 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:52 pm

Hi muruguan,

Thank you for your response.[/quote]

Hi,iam still waiting for a reply from home office. Today I have a I had a missed delivery from dx courier so keeping my fingers crossed.