ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dineshgarg58
Newly Registered

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding SET(LR))

Post by dineshgarg58 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:36 pm

Hi All,

I have applied ILR under set (o)
Application date 3/09/15
Fee deducted 10/09/15
Acknowledgement . no
Biometric no..

My employer has sacked me on 17/09/2015 because of lack of proof of application under process and visa is expired. :(

alex_shvjac

Post by alex_shvjac » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:42 pm

dineshgarg58 wrote:Hi All,

Application date 3/09/15
Fee deducted 10/09/15
Acknowledgement . no
Biometric no..

My employer has sacked me on 17/09/2015 because of lack of proof of application under process and visa is expired. :(
Dineshgarg58,

This is illegal dismissal as you are legal until stated otherwise by the HO. Contact the employment solicitor or the Union rep. You might get a compensation for unfair dismissal.

I know successful instances.

Alex

niczaf
Newly Registered

Post by niczaf » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:47 pm

alex_shvjac wrote:

Application date 3/09/15
Fee deducted 10/09/15
Acknowledgement . no
Biometric no..

Dineshgarg58,

This is illegal dismissal as you are legal until stated otherwise by the HO. Contact the employment solicitor or the Union rep. You might get a compensation for unfair dismissal.

Alex
Also try calling / emailing your MP. They can contact the home office to ask them to send you the letter. Good luck!

sam1893
Newly Registered

Post by sam1893 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:11 pm

Application date 3/09/15
Fee deducted 10/09/15
Acknowledgement . no
Biometric no..

Hi
Really sorry to know about this.
Even if you've not received any correspondence from UKVI yet your employer could've checked your status by calling UKVI of using the online serives.

Here are the links:
See section 'If the job applicant can’t show their documents' at the following link:
https://www.gov.uk/check-job-applicant-right-to-work

Employer Checking Service
https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status

See if you can convince your manager or HR department to check your current status using this service.
I really hope this helps.

Good luck

harmony01
Newly Registered

Post by harmony01 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:25 pm

alex_shvjac wrote:Hi all,

We applied for ILR for my wife using SET (M) via the recorded mail. I am a British citizen not so long ago (some people may remember me on this forum). Could anyone please advise on the following:
1) If anyone sent an original British Passport together with the application form, how quick will HO return it? By sending the original I hoped to get the decision quicker (I know...)
2) We applied on 21st August (4 weeks ago now) and never had anything back from HO. No acknowledgement, no biometric invitation - no nothing!!!

Any help will be valued!

Thanks
Hi alex_shvjac

I think things are a bit slow these days and am not sure if there is backlog.

Rather, you should have used NCS (National Checking Service) in your borough or one nearer to you if you haven't got one in your borough. They only check your passport and make copies then return to you and send the copies to the Home Office.

harmony01
Newly Registered

Post by harmony01 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:30 pm

harmony01 wrote:
alex_shvjac wrote:Hi all,

We applied for ILR for my wife using SET (M) via the recorded mail. I am a British citizen not so long ago (some people may remember me on this forum). Could anyone please advise on the following:
1) If anyone sent an original British Passport together with the application form, how quick will HO return it? By sending the original I hoped to get the decision quicker (I know...)
2) We applied on 21st August (4 weeks ago now) and never had anything back from HO. No acknowledgement, no biometric invitation - no nothing!!!

Any help will be valued!

Thanks
Hi alex_shvjac

I think things are a bit slow these days and am not sure if there is backlog.

Rather, you should have used NCS (National Checking Service) in your borough or one nearer to you if you haven't got one in your borough. They only check your passport and make copies then return to you and send the copies to the Home Office.
Sorry, the message was for someone else.

azhar158
Newly Registered

Post by azhar158 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:51 pm

[quote="sam1893"][quote="dineshgarg58"]Hi All,

Application date 3/09/15
Fee deducted 10/09/15
Acknowledgement . no
Biometric no..

Dear Dinesh,
really sorry to hear about ur sacking .I faced same problem during my visa extension 2 years back on tier 1 extension. i was jobless i involved union and Acas .because of them i was compensated according to my contractual hours.

Now i have applied Ilr last month.my tier 1 visa has expired today and i have emialed them about the situation and they have enrolled me again on my job.Go to Ho website and send the law links to ur employer if he still doesnt agree then involve citizen berua services or acas definately i recommend it. dont suffer..

dineshgarg58
Newly Registered

Post by dineshgarg58 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:38 pm

alex_shvjac wrote:

Application date 3/09/15
Fee deducted 10/09/15
Acknowledgement . no
Biometric no..

Dineshgarg58,

Alex

Thanks Alex. I will try

dineshgarg58
Newly Registered

Post by dineshgarg58 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:36 pm

niczaf wrote:Not much to say in this post, merely posting this so you can see how my application progresses.

Tier 1 General (1), SET (O)
Date of Postage: 07/09/2015
Date of Reception: 08/09/2015
Payment Taken : 09/09/2015
Confirmation Letter dated : ?
Biometrics submitted: ?
Approval Date : ?
Date Document Returned: ?
BRP received - ?
Hi Niczaf

Have you received biometric letter? I have the same case waiting for Biometric letter

niczaf
Newly Registered

Post by niczaf » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:43 pm

dineshgarg58 wrote:
niczaf wrote:Not much to say in this post, merely posting this so you can see how my application progresses.

BRP received - ?
Hi Niczaf

Have you received biometric letter? I have the same case waiting for Biometric letter
Still not. Not sure why its taking so long! It's been two weeks already.

alex_shvjac

Post by alex_shvjac » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:47 am

niczaf wrote:
dineshgarg58 wrote:

BRP received - ?
Hi Niczaf

Still not. Not sure why its taking so long! It's been two weeks already.
This Friday it will be 5 weeks since my wife posted the SET (M) application. No acknowledgement - nothing. This is alarming!

dineshgarg58
Newly Registered

Post by dineshgarg58 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:07 am

alex_shvjac wrote:
This Friday it will be 5 weeks since my wife posted the SET (M) application. No acknowledgement - nothing. This is alarming!
It's been 20 days for me. Not even a text message. Hell

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:33 pm

dineshgarg58 wrote:
alex_shvjac wrote:
You can only discuss Immigration matters NO personal stuff, If didn't received any texts than call her yourself, these domestic issues really bores me...! :oops:

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:41 pm

Not me again wrote:
dineshgarg58 wrote:
alex_shvjac wrote:
You can only discuss Immigration matters NO personal stuff, If didn't received any texts than call her yourself, these domestic issues really bores me...! :oops:
I don't know why people open their idiot box or post comments when they can not understand the question ?

niczaf
Newly Registered

Post by niczaf » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:28 am

dineshgarg58 wrote:
alex_shvjac wrote:
Hi

I spoke with the Home office and they said you should get your biometric letter within 28 days. If you don't get it within 28 days they can help you. Try calling 0300 123 2241 and select option 3 and then 2 and speak to the person.

Good luck, and update us on how it goes.

Nic

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:38 pm

@niczaf

Its very helpful info. I've seen comments about not receiving BRP card helpline but you have done something which no one else has posted before, get the help line no for not receiving the Bio-metric letter helpline, must have taken lots of time.

You do any job or are on the dolls ?

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:31 pm

Not me again wrote:@niczaf

Its very helpful info. I've seen comments about not receiving BRP card helpline but you have done something which no one else has posted before, get the help line no for not receiving the Bio-metric letter helpline, must have taken lots of time.

You do any job or are on the dolls ?

Not me again are you on drugs or retarded by birth?

babymama
Mood:

Post by babymama » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:19 am

Hi

I spoke with the Home office and they said you should get your biometric letter within 28 days. If you don't get it within 28 days they can help you. Try calling 0300 123 2241 and select option 3 and then 2 and speak to the person.

Good luck, and update us on how it goes.

Nic[/quote]
I applied for FLR~(M) on the 7/09/2015 and has also not received any kind of correspondence from the Home office, despite having the fees taken from my acc. I was asked to ask my employer to call the Employer helpline but I havent been issued any reference number yet and so they cannot go on with the employer check.

So what is the use of calling the employer helpline when there is no reference number to check the right to work status? How does this work out? :?:

Has any one received their biometric letter yet?

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:59 am

@crimson76
Not me again are you on drugs or retarded by birth?[/quote]

Don't know mate, but whenever I'll find out will tell you straightaway, I know how much concerned you are about me :twisted:

dineshgarg58
Newly Registered

Post by dineshgarg58 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:26 pm

Yes I had a word with HO at 03001232241

They said, they have received my documents but yet not added to the system which generate case I'd. They can't do any thing else not Even a email. Their system had a problem and that's why taking bit longer than usual.

So we have to wait till biometric letter and it takes 28 days after the fee has been deducted.

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:54 pm

dineshgarg58 wrote:Yes I had a word with HO at 03001232241

They said, they have received my documents but yet not added to the system which generate case I'd. They can't do any thing else not Even a email. Their system had a problem and that's why taking bit longer than usual.

So we have to wait till biometric letter and it takes 28 days after the fee has been deducted.

I'm sure you will sleep alright tonight, If i'm not wrong isn't the case ID remains the same from your last application ?

T1EAccelerated

Post by T1EAccelerated » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:33 pm

New To Forum.

For the sake of information., here is my timeline if this helps in analysing the current processing time for biometric.

Tier 1 Entrepreneur SET(O)

Applied: 1st Sep 2015.
Payment: 2nd Sep 2015.
Biometric Letter: 21st Sep 2015
Biometric Done: 25th Sep 2015
Rest waiting......

babymama
Mood:

Post by babymama » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:04 am

Not me again wrote:
dineshgarg58 wrote:Yes I had a word with HO at 03001232241

I'm sure you will sleep alright tonight, If i'm not wrong isn't the case ID remains the same from your last application ?
Hi, is this true? cos i still have my Case ID from my last application. Pls confirm this. Cheers :)

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:56 am

@babymama

as i said. if i'm not wrong..!!!

I've seen few people when they got their Acknowledgement letter it says the same Ref no: which was on their last application.

babymama
Mood:

Post by babymama » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:16 pm

Not me again wrote:@babymama

as i said. if i'm not wrong..!!!

I've seen few people when they got their Acknowledgement letter it says the same Ref no: which was on their last application.

I don't think its true cos I was able to get my case i.d this afternoon (I called them) and its very different from my last application.