ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

T1EAccelerated

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding SET(LR))

Post by T1EAccelerated » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:56 pm

sweech02 wrote:If some member or any member can help me please

My wife came to UK on Feb 2009 on Student dependent Visas. I have completed my Master Degree from the University of Manchestr and applied for PSW visas (I am Main applicant and my wife is PSW Dependent).Me and my wife granted PSW visas until June 2012.

After 1 Year we both applied for Tier 1 General Visas ( Again I am Main applicant and my wife is Tier 1 general dependent). On this occasion I have granted my Tier 1 Visas but my wife’s application is being rejected and UKBA refunded application fees as she forgot to sign the declaration form.

She applied for her Tier 1 Dependent visa after 7 months (on Jan 2012) and Tier 1 Dependent Visas were granted.

Dose this seven month count as overstay? Is she stayed as illegal? Or her PSW dependent visa covers that stay on not count as illegal.

Please reply.
Thanks

Sweech02,

It should not be counted as overstay, as the visa was still valid.

I see your ref, as this was a dependant visa, and when the main applicant switched, the dependant should have switched too, but that did not happen, but still by the look of it, the visa she was on never expired or UKBA sent her any letter, so her visa was valid and she never overstayed.

This can be proved with the application you submitted in Jan 2012, if there was a concern UKBA might have had, they could have objected at that time, so i won't say its an overstay.

However please note, i am not a solicitor and this must be constituted as a legal advice.

sweech02
Newly Registered

Post by sweech02 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:25 pm

T1EAccelerated wrote:

My wife came to UK on Feb 2009 on Student dependent Visas. I have completed my Master Degree from the University of Manchestr and applied for PSW visas (I am Main applicant and my wife is PSW Dependent).Me and my wife granted PSW visas until June 2012.

After 1 Year we both applied for Tier 1 General Visas ( Again I am Main applicant and my wife is Tier 1 general dependent). On this occasion I have granted my Tier 1 Visas but my wife’s application is being rejected and UKBA refunded application fees as she forgot to sign the declaration form.

She applied for her Tier 1 Dependent visa after 7 months (on Jan 2012) and Tier 1 Dependent Visas were granted.

Dose this seven month count as overstay? Is she stayed as illegal? Or her PSW dependent visa covers that stay on not count as illegal.

Please reply.
Thanks

Sweech02,

I see your ref, as this was a dependant visa, and when the main applicant switched, the dependant should have switched too, but that did not happen, but still by the look of it, the visa she was on never expired or UKBA sent her any letter, so her visa was valid and she never overstayed.

This can be proved with the application you submitted in Jan 2012, if there was a concern UKBA might have had, they could have objected at that time, so i won't say its an overstay.

However please note, i am not a solicitor and this must be constituted as a legal advice.
Thank you T1EAccelerated,

I am revealed. Yes we have managed her visa twice. First time from PBS to Tier 1 dependent and Second time for Tier 1 Extension.

now if we get ILR do you think we are ok during the Citizenship.

Thanks

Kirsty88
Newly Registered

Post by Kirsty88 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:03 pm

Kirsty88 wrote:Hi All,

My husband applied for ILR under tier 1 general set (o) on 23rd July and his biometrics were taken within 2 weeks. He has received 2 emails stating that his application is still being considered. It is a straightforward case.

I just managed to get through to the HO and they advised that they are now processing applications for this type of visa received in July so I am hoping that we should hear something soon.
Hi All,

Just to provide an update to those waiting to hear about pending applications, I just spoke to the Home Office and they advised they have now started processing applications received in August.

Hope this is helpful.

T1EAccelerated

Post by T1EAccelerated » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:18 pm

T1EAccelerated wrote:

Please reply.
Thanks

Sweech02,

Please note, i meant, this must not be constituted as a legal advice.

eclairs

Post by eclairs » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:00 am

Anushree996 wrote:
eclairs wrote:Here is my timeline...

ILR SET (O) - Permanant Employment + Self Employed via Limited Company
Date of Postage: 22/10/2015
Date Received: 23/10/2015
Payment Mode: Debit Card Payment
Payment Taken : 26/10/2015
Biometrics letter dated: 29/10/2015
Biometrics letter received: 30/10/2015
Passport returned: 04/11/2015 (arrived in RoyalMail Special delivery)
Biometrics submitted: ?
Approval Date : ?
Date Document Returned: ?
BRP received - ?

Hi eclairs

Why did they return ur passport? I am a bit confused? My is stills uth them
Hi Anushree996,
As per the letter came along with my passport, it is the new process in which they are returning the passport after verification and will continue processing application.

Very good decision I think as it helps people who wish to travel under extreme circumstances without withdrawing the application.

They've kept my BRP though...

zingalala
Newly Registered

Post by zingalala » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:40 pm

in my case they returned brp as well. may be because I've ltr till feb16. but it's really very good decision.

T1EAccelerated

Post by T1EAccelerated » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:48 pm

Anushree996 wrote:
azhar158 wrote:
Anushree996 wrote:Plz help me as I am very stressed . I even called HO but they said I should wait till 6 months are over
Hi Anushree,
I am hoping you should get your ILR within next two to three weeks surely.HO says if they cant decide an application and there are compilications they will let you know. but in you case they have already enquired about what they wanted.if there would have been any other enquiry they would have written down with the enquiry letter you have received.

I recently got enquir/y regarding company breakdown of holidays on this 15th given time for 7 days which i have sent on 19th and i was very worried as well. I talked to my lawyer and some other people and they have given me the response i have written down for you.Hope you should be less worried now. MY case brek down is

Tier 1 Set 0 plus one (me and my wife)

employement plus self employement

sent:21/8/2015
ho received:22/8/2015
fee deducted: 28/08/2015
biometrics received:02/09/2015
biometrics given:07/09/2015
first email:06/10/2015
HO enquiry received:15/10/2015

decison:?

hope that helps. dont worry. you should be aright
Hi Azhar

I believe in my case they have already taken the decision on the main applicant which is my husband . As they sent us the enquiry after almost 3 months . I think now they are verifying my documents . They are really slow . I mean sending an enquiry after 3 months is ridiculous. They should have sent it earlier .
My time line is as follows
Date of posting application 22.05.2015
Acknowledgement letter 12.06.2015
Biometrics given 26.06.2015
Enquiry by home office. 12.08.2015

Hello Anushree,

Just a quick one, when you received the enquiry from Home Office, was it a signed delivery or a regular post with no signatures.

I just missed a delivery from post office and called UKBA to find out if it was them only who sent me some communication, need to know if the enquiries from UKBA are also sent out via signature and tracking based service or am i expecting something else.

Would appreciate your response.

T1EAccelerated

Post by T1EAccelerated » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:09 pm

azhar158 wrote:Hi friends,
I have received my ILR documents today. Thank God .A Big relief:) the information is as follow,

Tier 1 set 0

me plus my wife

employment + self employment

sent:21/08/2015
HO received:22/08/2015
Payment taken:29/08/2015
Bioementrics received: 02/09/2015
Biometrics given:07/09/2015
firs e-mail :06/09/2015
HO enquiry received:12/10/2015: HO asked for break down of holidays from employer
enquiry aswer sent by post:19/10/2015
Documents recieved: Today :) 30/10/2015
Brp will received in 7 days

Thankyou all .This forum is so wonderful and everybody is so helpful and very informative
WEll wishes to all and best of Luck

Hello Azhar,

Could you confirm if the enquiry you received from home office, was it via a tracked service of post office or a regular post unsigned for?

azhar158
Newly Registered

Post by azhar158 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:59 am

T1EAccelerated wrote:

Hello Azhar,

Could you confirm if the enquiry you received from home office, was it via a tracked service of post office or a regular post unsigned for?
Hi T1EAccelerated,

I received email first.on the next day i received home office enquiry by normal post.not the signed one.

ahsn013
Newly Registered

Post by ahsn013 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:08 am

Anushree996 wrote:
azhar158 wrote:
Anushree996 wrote:Plz help me as I am very stressed . I even called HO but they said I should wait till 6 months are over
Hi Anushree,
I am hoping you should get your ILR within next two to three weeks surely.HO says if they cant decide an application and there are compilications they will let you know. but in you case they have already enquired about what they wanted.if there would have been any other enquiry they would have written down with the enquiry letter you have received.

I recently got enquir/y regarding company breakdown of holidays on this 15th given time for 7 days which i have sent on 19th and i was very worried as well. I talked to my lawyer and some other people and they have given me the response i have written down for you.Hope you should be less worried now. MY case brek down is

Tier 1 Set 0 plus one (me and my wife)

employement plus self employement

sent:21/8/2015
ho received:22/8/2015
fee deducted: 28/08/2015
biometrics received:02/09/2015
biometrics given:07/09/2015
first email:06/10/2015
HO enquiry received:15/10/2015

decison:?

hope that helps. dont worry. you should be aright
Hi Azhar

I believe in my case they have already taken the decision on the main applicant which is my husband . As they sent us the enquiry after almost 3 months . I think now they are verifying my documents . They are really slow . I mean sending an enquiry after 3 months is ridiculous. They should have sent it earlier .
My time line is as follows
Date of posting application 22.05.2015
Acknowledgement letter 12.06.2015
Biometrics given 26.06.2015
Enquiry by home office. 12.08.2015

Hi anushree
I think your case and mine they both gone the the same place because i was reading blogs from past month and it seems like liverpool is taking more time then compared to the croydon or sheffield.dont know why and its really bugging honestly. stay in touch and keep updating the latest news. thanks

ahsn013
Newly Registered

Post by ahsn013 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:16 am

Anyone has got the brp or the approval letters yet?. :?

boladale
Newly Registered

Post by boladale » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:43 am

Pls can anyone help me, i have just applied for ILR (SET 0) with 3 dependents and the biometric letters was sent with Statement of additional grounds under section 120 to include any additional ground for wishing to stay in the UK and not be removed.To be sincere i dont know what i can include with this letter because i have added everything in the SET 0 application.It even read that i should tick A if there are no any information and sign it. I have just completed six years on 3 yrs visa/2x

Please advice me on this.

ahsn013
Newly Registered

Post by ahsn013 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:22 am

Kirsty88 wrote:
Kirsty88 wrote:Hi All,

My husband applied for ILR under tier 1 general set (o) on 23rd July and his biometrics were taken within 2 weeks. He has received 2 emails stating that his application is still being considered. It is a straightforward case.

I just managed to get through to the HO and they advised that they are now processing applications for this type of visa received in July so I am hoping that we should hear something soon.
Hi All,

Just to provide an update to those waiting to hear about pending applications, I just spoke to the Home Office and they advised they have now started processing applications received in August.

Hope this is helpful.
hi Kirsty88
could you plz confirm me that where your husband application went is it Croydon Sheffield Liverpool durham?. thanks

xyz786
Newly Registered

Post by xyz786 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:58 am

Hi
I am in need of some help. My husband has been called for a second interview at Liverpool regarding his English language test. Can anyone tell me what they can possibly ask 2nd time round??
We applied using the premium service 24th November 2014 and this is still ongoing a year later.
It's a set m ilr application
Thanks

disaster786
Newly Registered

Post by disaster786 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:39 am

Hi,

I need some advise on following situation:
I got Ilr based on tier 1 (PEO) a week ago, while due to apply by post for my wife, son and daughter. As, son is OK as he came to Uk with us in 2010, but daughter was born in overseas July-12 (got entry clearance 2 months after to join us in UK). My question is:

- Is daughter will be eligible to have ILR along with mom and son, or she will be suffering from Post July-12 rule ? Somebody, told me that home office provision suggest that ".......a minor child cannot be left stranded in a temporary category if both parents have settled..."

- If so, then do i have to mention that in Set 0 form while applying by post for my wife, son & daughter ?

Please share you views as i am really struggling for solution before applying anytime soon.

Kind regards

Kirsty88
Newly Registered

Post by Kirsty88 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:06 am

Hi,

Just to provide an update, my husband applied as Tier 1 General on 23rd July and he has just had his passport returned today with the BRP being sent within the next 7 days. It was being processed by the Liverpool office.

Hope this is useful and good luck to those still awaiting their visas.

Kirsty

Kirsty88
Newly Registered

Post by Kirsty88 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:30 pm

sam1893 - I have received a message from you which I am unable to view, please post to the forum so I can view and respond. Thanks

hood
Newly Registered

Post by hood » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:56 pm

Hi Kirsty88

What number/ext do you call to find out whch applications are being processed by Home Office

Thanks

sam1893
Newly Registered

Post by sam1893 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:05 pm

Hi Kristy

Just wanted to say congrats and ask when did your husband go for his biometrics appointment?
I applied mid July and had biometrics appointment at the end of August. All the letters were from Liverpool office so I'm guessing my application is at Liverpool office. Just wanted to get a rough idea as to how long I may need to wait further.

Many thanks

ahsn013
Newly Registered

Post by ahsn013 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:12 pm

hood wrote:Hi Kirsty88

What number/ext do you call to find out whch applications are being processed by Home Office

Thanks
you can call on this number 03001232241 for the enquiry..

Kirsty88
Newly Registered

Post by Kirsty88 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:27 pm

sam1893 wrote:Hi KristyJust wanted to say congrats and ask when did your husband go for his biometrics appointment? I applied mid July and had biometrics appointment at the end of August. All the letters were from Liverpool office so I'm guessing my application is at Liverpool office. Just wanted to get a rough idea as to how long I may need to wait further.Many thanks
Hi Sam1893,

His biometrics appointment was 1st August. It was a relatively straightforward application (no dependants, employed, etc.) and no further enquiries were raised that we needed to respond to.

The number I used to check was the enquiry line on 0300 1232241. The only way you can speak to someone is by selecting the option that is for applications that have passed the 6 months standard. Even when you do speak to someone they can't tell you anything about individual cases but they will tell you what month's applications they are currently processing.

Good luck with your application!

san09
Newly Registered

Post by san09 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:27 am

Hi all,

My timeline

Ilr set o + 2 dependent
5th July 2015 - Application sent
14 July - biometric submitted
9 Aug - HO 1st Auto email received
9 Sept - HO 2 auto email
9 Oct - HO 3 auto email
9 Nov - HO 4 auto email
11 Nov - query received with reference to section 6.3 as i did not tick any box but given all details of holiday in section 6.2. My friend told me not to tick any box in section 6.3 as all my leaves total comes to 115 days over 5yrs which is less than 180 day in any 12month. But I don't know why I received request asking evidence of my annual leaves from past employer in writing.

I could not arranged any letter as all my past two employer not in business anymore. I had payslips from one of my past employer I sent those on 16 Nov with giving self explanation in covering letter n etickets and also sent original copy of my email asking my ex employer for break down of my holidays on letterhead.

No reply received from old company which was obvious as they sold their business and no longer have any control in new company.

That's it.

As there anyone with similar query recd? Thanks all for looking at.

san09
Newly Registered

Post by san09 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:11 am

san09 wrote:Hi all,

My timeline

Ilr set o + 2 dependent
5th July 2015 - Application sent
14 July - biometric submitted
9 Aug - HO 1st Auto email received
9 Sept - HO 2 auto email
9 Oct - HO 3 auto email
9 Nov - HO 4 auto email
11 Nov - query received with reference to section 6.3 as i did not tick any box but given all details of holiday in section 6.2. My friend told me not to tick any box in section 6.3 as all my leaves total comes to 115 days over 5yrs which is less than 180 day in any 12month. But I don't know why I received request asking evidence of my annual leaves from past employer in writing.

I could not arranged any letter as all my past two employer not in business anymore. I had payslips from one of my past employer I sent those on 16 Nov with giving self explanation in covering letter n etickets and also sent original copy of my email asking my ex employer for break down of my holidays on letterhead.

No reply received from old company which was obvious as they sold their business and no longer have any control in new company.

That's it.
Decision... ?

As there anyone with similar query recd? Thanks all for looking at.

san09
Newly Registered

Post by san09 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:39 pm

T1EAccelerated wrote:
I have received my ILR documents today. Thank God .A Big relief:) the information is as follow,

Tier 1 set 0

me plus my wife

employment + self employment

sent:21/08/2015
HO received:22/08/2015
Payment taken:29/08/2015
Bioementrics received: 02/09/2015
Biometrics given:07/09/2015
firs e-mail :06/09/2015
HO enquiry received:12/10/2015: HO asked for break down of holidays from employer
enquiry aswer sent by post:19/10/2015
Documents recieved: Today :) 30/10/2015
Brp will received in 7 days

Thankyou all .This forum is so wonderful and everybody is so helpful and very informative
WEll wishes to all and best of Luck[/quote

Hi azhar

I received similar query for my 115 days holidays which was taken over 5yrs and no more than average 4weeks in any 12months. I replied and post query explanation n supporting docs on 14 nov but still nothg received anything. Can you pls tell me which office were your query from?. My query letter was from( livsat) Liverpool.

Thanks

Hello Azhar,

Antipododo
Newly Registered

Post by Antipododo » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:25 pm

Hi all,

This forum has been quite useful in putting my mind at ease as to why my application was taking so long to process. My friend applied several years ago and it took 6 weeks, so I was quite stressed as to why mine was taking months. Your posts have helped me be more patient and a tiny bit less worried!

Sadly I had to cancel plans to go home for Christmas due to rising ticket prices over the 4 months, but the risk of booking flights without documents to save some £££ was too high.

I received my letter and documents today (BRP to follow) 134 days after receipt of my documents was signed for. My time line is as follows;

10th July 2015 - Posted application
13th July 2015 - sited Royal Mail confirmation of receipt
14th or 15th July - Received postal letter confirming receipt
16th July - Email from Home Office confirming receipt
17th July - Received Biometrics request and also submitted my biometrics on the same afternoon
17th August - 1st "Under consideration," email received
15th September - 2nd "Under consideration," email received
15th October - 3rd "Under consideration," email received
17th November - 4th "Under consideration," email received

24th November - Confirmation letter and return of documents including passports.

Earlier today I tried to check the Royal Mail Special Delivery Tracker. The site was temporarily down. Unbeknownst to me, it was already on its way to my door!

I applied using SET 0 Forms, after 5 years under an Ancestry visa, with no dependants. My application went to the Durham office, but my Biometrics were sent to Liverpool. I am fully employed and I believe it was a straight forward application, so I hope this puts some applicant's minds at ease that there is currently a rather long processing time. (19 weeks for mine)

Hope this helps! Hang in there!