ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dng_131
India

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding SET(LR))

Post by dng_131 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:29 pm

Viralmodi305 wrote:Hello everyone

Documents send ; 03 feb 2016
Documents recieved by HO; 04 feb 2016
Payment taken ; 07 Feb 2016
Biometrics letter ; 11 feb 2016
Biometrice done ; 12 feb 2016
BRP recieved ; Not received yet
Documents recieved ; Not received yet

Can somebody tell me what is the processing time will they take

Is anyone with me on this time scale ??

Hi Viral Modi,

According to the timeline of this post, I would say it takes anything from 3-6 months of wait. Some users have got their approval under 3 months too. But Generally its 4-6 months wait right now. It is not easy to give accurate timeline but this is my guess.

I hope this will help.

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:30 pm

zullu41 wrote:
dng_131 wrote:
zullu41 wrote:Hi,

I got my ILR approved in same day appointment and have now done SET (O) postal application for my dependents:

ILR form (SET O) posted via Special Delivery: 27 Jan 2016
Money deducted from bank: 29 Jan 2016
Biometric Enrolment Letter received dated: ??

It has now been 6 weeks since the money was deducted but we have not received the Biometric Enrollment letter yet.
Is this abnormal ? ( as i have seen in this forum that overwhelming majority received within days )
Does this indicate a possible issue in the application as HO are not sending the biometric enrollment letter ?
What could i do to check the status with them ?
Or wait is the only option ?

Hi Zullu41, you can contact Home Office and explain this to them. Keep your Post office receipt on hand while you call them so that they can look into your file. Good Luck...

Yes i called HO number today and gave them the case ID ( which we received in the initial email from HO ). They checked and took all details and have sent them across to the depratment which sends the Biometric enrollment letter. We are now suppose to receive biometric Enrollment letter within next 15 days.
Hi Zullu41, that is great. So now wait for the letter. Good Luck

dilanja
Newly Registered

Post by dilanja » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:49 pm

This my timeline from Tier 1 General + 2 dependents:

ILR form (SET O) posted via Special Delivery: 01 Dec 2015
Fee paid by Credit Card: 03 Dec 2015
Biometric Enrolment Letter received dated: 04 Dec 2016
Biometric Enrolment done: 05 Dec 2015
ILR Approval Letter and Passports received by courier: 23 Mar 2016
BRP received by courier: 21 Mar 2016 (Rearranged from 1st attempt on 22 Mar 2016)

It did take almost 4 months to get to me but glad that I finally got it :D . Many thanks to all here on the forum. I have been tracking dates for the last couple of months on the forum.

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:12 pm

dilanja wrote:This my timeline from Tier 1 General + 2 dependents:

ILR form (SET O) posted via Special Delivery: 01 Dec 2015
Fee paid by Credit Card: 03 Dec 2015
Biometric Enrolment Letter received dated: 04 Dec 2016
Biometric Enrolment done: 05 Dec 2015
ILR Approval Letter and Passports received by courier: 23 Mar 2016
BRP received by courier: 21 Mar 2016 (Rearranged from 1st attempt on 22 Mar 2016)

It did take almost 4 months to get to me but glad that I finally got it :D . Many thanks to all here on the forum. I have been tracking dates for the last couple of months on the forum.

Congratulations dilanja

nadnad
Newly Registered

Post by nadnad » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:26 pm

Thank you all for the contributions it is pretty helpful. I wish I had read the comments before sending a postal application. I now regret not going through the premium application. especially that I need to travel pretty soon. (dumb me)

this is my timeline .

Tier 1 (general) 5 years route, SeT(O)

Documents send : 05 Feb 2016
Biometrics letter : 11 feb 2016
Biometrics done : 15 feb 2016
Documents received : Not received yet
BRP received : Not received yet

It has been around 8 weeks since I have sent my application and 7 weeks since biometrics done.

I have tried to call Home office to check which month they are dealing with at the moment but can't get through. anyone has the information ?

Aditi12

Post by Aditi12 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:08 pm

nadnad wrote:Thank you all for the contributions it is pretty helpful. I wish I had read the comments before sending a postal application. I now regret not going through the premium application. especially that I need to travel pretty soon. (dumb me)

this is my timeline .

Tier 1 (general) 5 years route, SeT(O)

Documents send : 05 Feb 2016
Biometrics letter : 11 feb 2016
Biometrics done : 15 feb 2016
Documents received : Not received yet
BRP received : Not received yet

It has been around 8 weeks since I have sent my application and 7 weeks since biometrics done.

I have tried to call Home office to check which month they are dealing with at the moment but can't get through. anyone has the information ?

Application sent Jan 15
Biometrics done Feb 1st week
Nothing received until now.
Let me know if you do and I will keep you posted at my end

Thanks n good luck

nadnad
Newly Registered

Post by nadnad » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:41 pm

I have just spoken to the Home office and they said they are dealing with January applications at the moment.

nadnad
Newly Registered

Post by nadnad » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:50 am

Anyone heard anything about their application?

bhavesh patel
Newly Registered

Post by bhavesh patel » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:39 pm

my timelines set(o)
tier1 , 5 years stay

postal application: SET (O) Tier 1 (General)
Date of application: 03/12/2015
payment taken: 07/12/2015
Biometrics letter received: 16/12/2015
Biometrics given: 20/12/2015
ack letter: Never received.
E-mails: Never received.
Approval Date : still waiting
Date Document Returned: still waiting
BRP received - still waiting

Anyone in the same time frame?

Congrats everyone who got approved for ILR , I applied for my ILR on 03/12/2015..still awaiting did anyone received their ILR on this date.
bhavesh patel
Newly Registered

kiranv5

Post by kiranv5 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:06 pm

HI ,

I have applied for my ILR through Tier 1 general (5yrs) in october (22nd) , done bio metrics in Nov (11th) ..still waiting..
5months..... Anyone on this time frame...

Thanks
Kiran

Mrsmai
Newly Registered

Post by Mrsmai » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:49 am

Hi, we posted my husbands set (m) application on March 14th by spec del. It was delivered the next day and money taken on the 16th. We have not yet received his biometric invitation letter yet though, should I be concerned yet or can it take longer? It just seems on here most people received that within a week or so and I don't know whether to chase this up or give them more time? Any advice appreciated, thanks :)

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:52 am

I sent my application in the 30th of December
Received by UKVI on 31st of December
Money taken 5th January
Biometrics letter dated the 8th of Jan arrived 9th of Jan
Biometrics done on the 10th of Jan
3 emails reviews confirming application still in progress
Attempted delivery of passports on the 31st of March
Collected this morning and ILR approved
Biometrics permit to arrive within 10 working days.

It took exactly 12 weeks for me. Good luck to everyone else waiting

love_uk1

Post by love_uk1 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:04 pm

pepper04 wrote:I sent my application in the 30th of December
Money taken 5th January

Congratulation....nice to hear your good news
Please let us know that from which category did you apply for ILR? and what document did you submitted in your application ?

Thanks

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:33 pm

uttam0884 wrote:
pepper04 wrote:I sent my application in the 30th of December
Money taken 5th January

Congratulation....nice to hear your good news
Please let us know that from which category did you apply for ILR? and what document did you submitted in your application ?

Thanks

I sent a year's worth of pay slips, doctors letters, bank statements, savings statements, letters from hmrc confirming payment of page taxes, share option statements, daughter's British passport, university certificates as I have been studying while working full time.

I had 6 years discretionary leave and qualified for ILR in October

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:37 pm

Mrsmai wrote:Hi, we posted my husbands set (m) application on March 14th by spec del. It was delivered the next day and money taken on the 16th. We have not yet received his biometric invitation letter yet though, should I be concerned yet or can it take longer? It just seems on here most people received that within a week or so and I don't know whether to chase this up or give them more time? Any advice appreciated, thanks :)
Hi Mrsmai, I would advise to call Home office and ask for an update on your issue. I hope it will solve your query.

f317633

Post by f317633 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:42 pm

I am in the same boat. I sent my postal application on 16th Mar much by next day delivery. Royal Mail tracking system shows that it has been delivered on 17th March, however I have not received any sort of acknowledgement or biometrics request letter till today? At which number should we contact home office regarding this? Can someone please advise?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:59 pm

f317633 wrote:I am in the same boat. I sent my postal application on 16th Mar much by next day delivery. Royal Mail tracking system shows that it has been delivered on 17th March, however I have not received any sort of acknowledgement or biometrics request letter till today? At which number should we contact home office regarding this? Can someone please advise?
Be patient. A huge number of people submitted applications before the fee increase on 18th March and there has been a 4 day weekend in between too. So technically, only 9 working days since HO received it. Acknowledgement or biometric letters can take a few weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

helpingperson
BANNED

Re: ILR refused - Tier 1 Ent -Accelerated

Post by helpingperson » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:05 am

bkallday wrote:Postal Application Refused:

ILR - Tier 1 Ent - Accelerated

Applied 15/10/15
Biometrics 05/11/15
Refusal Letter 5/3/16

After 5 long months my application has been refused. Apparently the guidance has changed in regards to the calculations of full time positions. The transitional arrangements for leave granted prior to April 2014 only apply to extension applications, not to indefinite leave to remain applications. This means that a full time position is 1 full year, for accelerated applications, but still can be a combination of months for extension applications. (For all applications made in regards to leave granted after 4/2014 the transitional arrangements do not apply.

I applied for my ILR in October, and the new guidance was issued in December after my application was posted. The caseworker came to a decision based on the new guidance, which was issued, well after I posted my application.

Any advice?

What is your solicitor saying?

Should you not be under old guidance/rules? Should you not be challenging this in court?

I have not seen any where it says that you need 10 independent full time employees for whole year . I understand you can mix months, have several employees, you need equivalent of 10 jobs for ILR.

What exactly was situation with your employees? How many full time and part time, duration?

cappachino
Member of Standing

Re: ILR refused - Tier 1 Ent -Accelerated

Post by cappachino » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:15 am

helpingperson wrote:
bkallday wrote:Postal Application Refused:

ILR - Tier 1 Ent - Accelerated

Applied 15/10/15
Biometrics 05/11/15
Refusal Letter 5/3/16

After 5 long months my application has been refused. Apparently the guidance has changed in regards to the calculations of full time positions. The transitional arrangements for leave granted prior to April 2014 only apply to extension applications, not to indefinite leave to remain applications. This means that a full time position is 1 full year, for accelerated applications, but still can be a combination of months for extension applications. (For all applications made in regards to leave granted after 4/2014 the transitional arrangements do not apply.

I applied for my ILR in October, and the new guidance was issued in December after my application was posted. The caseworker came to a decision based on the new guidance, which was issued, well after I posted my application.

Any advice?

What is your solicitor saying?

Should you not be under old guidance/rules? Should you not be challenging this in court?

I have not seen any where it says that you need 10 independent full time employees for whole year . I understand you can mix months, have several employees, you need equivalent of 10 jobs for ILR.

What exactly was situation with your employees? How many full time and part time, duration?

Also as per guidence the criteria for accelerated route is the same as extention.

Aditi12

Post by Aditi12 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:43 pm

nadnad wrote:I have just spoken to the Home office and they said they are dealing with January applications at the moment.
Do they even tell you what month applications they are dealing with :0.
Thanks for updating . Nothing yet. Have you heard anything ?

Thanks
Adi

f317633

Post by f317633 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:42 pm

Mrsmai wrote:Hi, we posted my husbands set (m) application on March 14th by spec del. It was delivered the next day and money taken on the 16th. We have not yet received his biometric invitation letter yet though, should I be concerned yet or can it take longer? It just seems on here most people received that within a week or so and I don't know whether to chase this up or give them more time? Any advice appreciated, thanks :)
Mrsmai: did your husband received his biometric invitation letter yet. I have not received mine till today. Not sure how long to wait for?

Mrsmai
Newly Registered

Post by Mrsmai » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:55 am

Mrsmai: did your husband received his biometric invitation letter yet. I have not received mine till today. Not sure how long to wait for?
Still nothing :| although as CR001 said I am hoping it is just because they are busy due to price increase. I will give them another week or so and then get in contact just to check! Although I'm not quite sure what dept to call, do you?

askhans786

Post by askhans786 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:24 am

Dear All,

Posted ILR application based on 5 year TIER 1 - General on 22nd April.
Signed and received by UKBA - 23rd April 2016.

Money deducted on 29 April 2016.

No Biometric letter received yet.

Kind Regards,
A

f317633

Post by f317633 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:25 pm

Mrsmai wrote:
Still nothing :| although as CR001 said I am hoping it is just because they are busy due to price increase. I will give them another week or so and then get in contact just to check! Although I'm not quite sure what dept to call, do you?
I got my biometrics invitation letter today. It was dated 01st April 2016.

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:27 pm

askhans786 wrote:Dear All,

Posted ILR application based on 5 year TIER 1 - General on 22nd April.
Signed and received by UKBA - 23rd April 2016.

Money deducted on 29 April 2016.

No Biometric letter received yet.

Kind Regards,
A

Do you mean March 2016???