ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

askhans786

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding SET(LR))

Post by askhans786 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:47 pm

Mrsmai wrote:
srahes wrote:Hi,

Anyone received BRP card for application approved after 25 June 16.
Received documents and approval letter back yesterday (letter dated 11th July) and just signed for brp half an hour ago
Hi Mrsmai,

congrats on your successful application, could you please confirm if your husband was employed FT for whole 5 years as employer or did he run his business in anytime during last 5 years and did self assessment.

Many thanks,
AK

Mrsmai
Newly Registered

Post by Mrsmai » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:29 pm

askhans786 wrote:
Mrsmai wrote:
srahes wrote:Hi,

Anyone received BRP card for application approved after 25 June 16.
Received documents and approval letter back yesterday (letter dated 11th July) and just signed for brp half an hour ago
Hi Mrsmai,

congrats on your successful application, could you please confirm if your husband was employed FT for whole 5 years as employer or did he run his business in anytime during last 5 years and did self assessment.

Many thanks,
AK
Thanks. Yes he is self employed and has been for the last (almost) 4 years. No tax amendments

zxof
Newly Registered

Post by zxof » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:31 am

srahes wrote:Hi

tangochintu and aakhan17, have you received the BRP card or any reply from BRP delivery team (after reporting BRP not arrived).

Still no BRP for me as well. I reported on home office BRP website thing on 1st July, just received a reply today 14th July, they said it's already delivered on 12 July (on this date my wife received her BRP for dependant extension but not me!)

To summarise:
my ILR approved (16 June 2016) - NO BRP yet
my wife (dependant extension, approval date 29 June 2016) - BRP received 12 July.

So I am quite upset and frustrated at the moment, I can understand mistakes happen but it's very very very difficult to get in touch with them...

gops1
Newly Registered

Post by gops1 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:46 pm

[quote="Aditi12"]No update on my end my friend. I got the interview letter on the 17 June Saying I will b cslled for an interview . Date time location will follow.

Mine is not way too straightforward as well .

Hi Aditi12,winnter_summer, inoka,

May I know if you received your interview letter from HO via recorded delivery or via general first/second class post? Did you applied through solicitor? If yes, did you both received letter from HO or did HO just sent letter to either you or solicitor? The reason I'm asking is because I applied in March 2016(biometric given on 5th May) and haven't heard anything from HO since then. My solicitor has recently changed his address and there seems to be some issue with his new address as few of his client's approval letter/documents went to his old address and from there back to HO. One of his client's documents went to applicant's home address and his approval letter stated that solicitor's new address is incorrect(solicitor says his new address is correct) so HO sent all docs to applicants home address. Now I'm worried if any letter(interview letter/query) is missed in post if sent to my solicitor by HO via general first/second class post and that may have implication(rejection) on my application if we fails to respond to HO's letters due to this address issue.

Thanks

inoka
Newly Registered

Post by inoka » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:07 pm

I am still waiting for the interview letter. It's been a month since I was informed of the up coming interview. Now the application has taken 6 months.

I applied through a lawyer and home office has been sending all the letters and emails to my lawyer, who then forwarded those to me. I am going to call HO on Monday regarding this and will leave a note here for all of you waiting for an interview.

Aditi12

Post by Aditi12 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:19 am

Gops1

I applied thru a rep and all the docs go to him . I believe it's just normal post. My rep changed his address too few months back and I believe they need to fill in some form to ho . I thought it would be the same case and kept chasing the ho if they had sent anything thru post as my rep changed address but then stopped as he sent me a letter confirming that he has sent the letter to ho.

Although he does say that sometimes ho send's it to the applicant directly as it's easier for then or if there was a system delay etc. So it is possible for you to get it directly too .
I am still waiting over a month too.

Inoka please inbox me or leave a detailed response here what the ho said when you ringg them today

Thanks

gops1
Newly Registered

Post by gops1 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:37 pm

Many thanks for your reply Aditi12 and inoka :)

tangochintu
Newly Registered

Post by tangochintu » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:37 am

aakhan17 wrote:
tangochintu wrote:
aakhan17 wrote:Hello guys below is my time line

Tier 1 General Set(0) -- 2+3 years, 1 Dependent
Post Application :26-02-2016
Received at HO : 29-02-2016
1st Email Received : 11-03-2016
Biometric Letter Received : 12-03-2016
Biometric submitted : 14-03-2016
2nd Email Received : 11-04-2016 Email Received case still under consideration...
3rd Email Received : 10-05-2016 Email Received case still under consideration...

Upgrade to premium service email sent on 18/06/2016
Email received premium service accepted on 31/06/2016
Decision made Email received on 25/06/2016

Documents and approval letter received on 27/06/2018
BRP in 7 to 10 days..

Thanks
Hey buddy have you received your BRP ? I was under an impression it comes the next day of approval letter ?
I havnt received mine yet.
no I haven't deceived BRP card yet, and you ??
Hey Buddy ! Any reply yet from the HO. have you got your BRP ?

aakhan17

Post by aakhan17 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:45 am

hello, no I haven't received mine BRP or any reply from HO, whats the progress on your end?
one of my friend got ILR on Premium service, he also hasn't received his BRP.

pusm

Post by pusm » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:07 am

Hi ,

Any Feb 16 applicants .. still waiting ...

I applied 12 Feb , still waiting

ILR2015-2016

Post by ILR2015-2016 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:23 am

pusm wrote:Hi ,

Hi,

I applied on 23d Feb and still waiting.
are you self employed during your ILR application?

pusm

Post by pusm » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:03 pm

No

Full PAYE since start

ramchsfdc
Newly Registered

Post by ramchsfdc » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:26 pm

ILR2015-2016 wrote:

Hi,

I have applied on 22 Feb still waiting..

ILR2015-2016

Post by ILR2015-2016 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:27 pm

pusm wrote:No

Full PAYE since start
you should get your approval hopefully by next week..
did you try upgrading your application?

pusm

Post by pusm » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:31 pm

Ok ,

No I will wait until 6 months then I will upgrade

ruhulm
Newly Registered

Post by ruhulm » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:53 pm

Hi,

Could anyone help?

I got ILR under 10 year route on Nov 2013, when PSW from from Feb 2011 to feb 2013 then T1 Ent from July 2013 to Nov 2013 , every time my wife had PBS dependant visa. She switched to FLR (M) on Sept 2014 and granted now want to apply for ILR (without £18600 income rule), Now I am confused on the rule came on April 2014. She came to UK June 2008 under Student Dependant Visa.

can She apply for ILR Now?

Thanks

Ruhul

"Effect of changes to immigration rules introduced on 06-Apr-14 and qualifying residence period for settlement

PBS dependants of such migrants cannot apply for settlement without switching to FLR(M). Anyone switching to FLR(M) route on or after 06-Apr-14 will be required to spend 5 years on FLR(M) leave with the same partner to be eligible for settlement. In other words, any time spent in the UK prior to grant of such FLR(M) leave will not contribute towards qualifying residence period for the purpose of settlement. More simply, the dependant's ILR count is reset to zero.

Category A: Applied for first PBS leave before 09-Jul-12
If you applied for the first PBS leave before 09-Jul-12 and then switched to FLR(M) before 06-Apr-14: then you are covered by Part 8 of the immigration rules (A280(c)) and the qualifying period for settlement is 2 years. Make sure you fulfill all the requirements for settlement (e.g. - English, LITUK) before expiry of current leave as another FLR(M) application (extension) after 06-Apr-14 will reset your ILR clock.

Category B: Applied for the first PBS leave after 08-Jul-12
If you applied for first PBS leave after 08-Jul-12 and then switched to FLR(M) leave, then you are covered by Appendix FM of the immigration rules and the qualifying period for settlement is 5 years.
"

Shawnmirza

Post by Shawnmirza » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:49 pm

I have applied on the 1st of Feb and still waiting : ( : (

ILR2015-2016 wrote:

Hi,

NickTheKiwi

Post by NickTheKiwi » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:25 pm

Application was received on 21 June 2016. No contact as yet. Would have expected at least an acknowledgement letter.

vp77

Post by vp77 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:58 am

Had applied on 4th Feb...still waiting...called up home office this morning and got the standard answer that your application is still within the prescribed timeline and not over 6 months so you have wait & contact if not received after the expiry of 6 months. Very frustrating but no choice!!!

HAFIZYOUSAF
Newly Registered

Re: ILR postal application setO

Post by HAFIZYOUSAF » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:32 am

dear all
i have apply for ILR with overseas income
overseas income proof i have submitted tax document for pakistan and accountant letter which show net income..
is that ok...2 proof of income claim..
uk income plus overseas income...
employed in uk and self employed in pakistan..
24.05.2016 post my application.
06.06.2016. biometric done..
now i am still waiting..

Priyansh
Newly Registered

Post by Priyansh » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:01 pm

Dear all,

We( main applicant n 2 dependant) applied ILR on 25th January thru lawyer. Our lawyer received letter today(dated on 19th July) that we are granted our visa from home office. From January I was a constant reader and following each post, n saw I was not alone here.
Here is our details we did amendments. Primary application was from home country. Amendments was done agn bcos we paid more tax on previous yr as no idea abt tax, so paid less which we thought d right amount. My husband was self employed when came to UK after extension came to know abt company directors stuff and current visa was applied as company director. Before applying for visa we applied for tax amendments after concerning with another accountant. But we didn't send any tax amendments details with our application as lawyer said it's nt mandatory documents to submit. If HO wants to check they can ask agn. So we didn't submit any SA302.

Hope by God grace all will listen d good news. Just what I learn from I ll tell be patient and dnt loose hope.

Thanks

visaforus

Post by visaforus » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:39 am

UPDATE

Alhumdulillah by the Grace of Almighty Allah, We received our passports today with approval letter.
This is our timeline

Our timeline:
main applicant +1 Dep(wife)

Application sent: 26 Jan 16
Delivered: 27 Jan
Payment taken : 29 Jan 16
BRP Letter Dated: 2nd Feb 16
BRP Letter Received: 4 Feb 16
BRP Done- 4 Feb 16
Four 'under consideration' emails roughly every month.

and Docs and Passport received today around 10, next Friday would have been our 6 month period over !! :D

This has been a very long journey for us, Husband had actually qualified for ILR in 2013, but it was rejected for a very silly reason.And we had no option to appeal as we had existing Tier 1 general visa till Jan this year.

Anyways after nearly 12 years my husband gets to see this day . Alhumdulillah

Could some one please guide me or provide a link on how to apply for children born in UK passport now.

Good luck and thanks to all !!

ILR2015-2016

Post by ILR2015-2016 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:19 am

visaforus wrote:UPDATE

Alhumdulillah by the Grace of Almighty Allah, We received our passports today with approval letter.
This is our timeline

Our timeline:

BRP Done- 4 Feb 16

and Docs and Passport received today around 10, next Friday would have been our 6 month period over !! :D
This has been a very long journey for us, Husband had actually qualified for ILR in 2013, but it was rejected for a very silly reason.And we had no option to appeal as we had existing Tier 1 general visa till Jan this year.

Could some one please guide me or provide a link on how to apply for children born in UK passport now.

Many congratulations! Could you please advise if you had any amendments with your tax returns? Were you self employed?

visaforus

Post by visaforus » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:19 pm

ILR2015-2016 wrote:

This is our timeline

Our timeline:

BRP Done- 4 Feb 16

Many congratulations! Could you please advise if you had any amendments with your tax returns? Were you self employed?
Sorry for the late reply. Initial application and extension were self employed +employed. ILR was employed only. No tax amendments. Thank you

tangochintu
Newly Registered

Post by tangochintu » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:40 am

visaforus wrote:
ILR2015-2016 wrote:

This is our timeline

Our timeline:

BRP Done- 4 Feb 16

Sorry for the late reply. Initial application and extension were self employed +employed. ILR was employed only. No tax amendments. Thank you

Hi have you received your BRP ?