ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Postal Waiting times - 2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Crommers
Newly Registered

ILR Postal Waiting times - 2013

Post by Crommers » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:25 am

Dear All,

I see a lot of posts on here for waiting times from 2011 through till the middle of 2012 but nothing for 2013 and I was wondering if people have started to receive theirs?

My details are:

23 Sept 2012 - application Submitted
27 Sept 2012 - acknowledgement letter received
26 Oct 2012 - Biometrics done
11 Jan 2013 - MP contacted
18 Jan 2013 - MP stated they have made a formal enquiry

I have a number of things that I NEED to get back home for next month and can't go due to not having a passport!

I would appreciate anyone providing an update on whether they have theirs and how long they waited? I am currently 17 weeks and counting.....

Thanks!

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:14 pm

As per this forum, End of Aug/Starting of Sept application's decisions have started to come through. Yours should be far away now. Unfortunately its hard to predict exact time

Crommers
Newly Registered

Post by Crommers » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:26 am

Thanks for your reply! My friend posted hers at the start of August and she hasn't even got hers back yet....

So do they not work in date order?

maxdemon76
Newly Registered

Post by maxdemon76 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:55 pm

Good luck, I submitted mine on the 15th of August and finally got ILR on the 10th of January (almost five months later...). That was for Set(M). From what I've seen the Set(O) applications seem to be taking a bit longer than that, but you never know.

From the response on the forums the applications seem to go in a somewhat chronological(ish) order, but not completely. The biometric application letters seem to be completely random (my letter was around the same time as yours, but my application was over a month before).

I think I would expect not to make your trip next month.

Crommers
Newly Registered

Post by Crommers » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:27 pm

That friend rang her MP on Monday and was told that her application is nearly complete and that the UKBA sent her a letter yesterday.

I am trying to remain optimistic about this and have now emailed the UKBA using an email address that I found on this forum.

Thanks and congrats on getting your application approved!

maxdemon76
Newly Registered

Post by maxdemon76 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:28 am

Well I hope so too! Maybe they're speeding things up now that the holidays are over...