ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR query - Urgent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gpraveenrao
Newly Registered

ILR query - Urgent

Post by gpraveenrao » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:08 am

My apologies in advance if this gets posted in the wrong place, it is the first time am posting in this forum.

My wife and I have ILR since March 2012. We applied for our son's citizenship on MN1 soon after, which he was given. We moved to India for my work to set up a subsidiary for a UK listed company. But my wife came to India earlier to settle our son, home etc.

Now my wife will be out of UK for two years on July 1 2014. What we are not sure is that if she goes to the UK for a few weeks before that, can she still keep her ILR status? Or does she need to return permanently before July 1?

Also, my son (registered UK citizen) currently does not have a British passport. We applied for it here in India and after 4 months they have asked us to reapply with a new form, payment mandate form etc. Does it make sense he travels with his Indian passport and applies for the British passport inside the UK?

Please help as avenues for guidance in India are limited with only unanswered emails and no one manning phones at the consulate.

gpraveenrao
Newly Registered

Re: ILR query - Urgent

Post by gpraveenrao » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:50 pm

Dear all,

I am posting this query once more. Experts on the forum please respond.

My wife and I have ILR since March 2012. We applied for our son's citizenship on MN1 soon after, which he was given. We moved to India for my work to set up a subsidiary for a UK listed company. But my wife came to India in June 2012 to settle our son, home etc.

Now my wife will be out of UK for two years on July 1 2014. What we are not sure is that if she goes to the UK for a few weeks before that, can she still keep her ILR status? Or does she need to return permanently before July 1?

Also, my son (registered UK citizen) currently does not have a British passport. We applied for it here in India and after 4 months they have asked us to reapply with a new form, payment mandate form etc. Does it make sense he travels with his Indian passport and applies for the British passport inside the UK?

Please help as avenues for guidance in India are limited with only unanswered emails and no one manning phones at the consulate.