ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Refused need help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kupratap
Newly Registered

ILR Refused need help

Post by kupratap » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:32 pm

Dear Experts:
Please advise me my ILR been refused,

1.) I came to UK on 08-12-2002 on work permit basis

2.) Changed my Work permit in Aug 2005- Got VISA till Jan-2007
Got problem with employer and left the company in feb-06,
I though I have got a valid visa till jan-2007 ,
3.) so I did applied for new workpermit until Nov-2006,
Got approved in Nov-2006, Got stamped FLRIED on Dec-2006, Got a visa till May-2008,

Now in Dec I applied for ILR, been refused because of my visa was curtailed in the period of Feb-2006 to Dec-2006, hence we are not granting to indefinite leave,
Could any please help me out with this issue,
my question if my visa is curtailed on Feb-06 to Dec-06,
how they issue new workpermit in Nov-06 and how they stam FLRIED in Dec-06,
please advise me, thank you

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:50 pm

Once you left your job, if you didn't get another in 28 days then you should have left the UK, therefore your visa ceased to be valid.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

kupratap
Newly Registered

Post by kupratap » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:55 pm

VictoriaS wrote:Once you left your job, if you didn't get another in 28 days then you should have left the UK, therefore your visa ceased to be valid.

Victoria
Thanks Victoria
I didn't receive any letter from home office since i left the old company, if my visa is curtailed then how can they issue new work permit and visa,

Please advise if there is any hope on this thank you

Hope2007

Post by Hope2007 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:14 pm

did your old employer who did they issue the WP for inform the HO that your employment ended ? you had mentioned problem. well, i have the same issue , when i left the employer1, i got job in 28 days but when my employer2 applied for change of employment, they said , it was more than 28 days and asked them to prove job ad and etc...finally my employer2 could not get the wp. one month later i got a letter from HO saying , based on the desicion (wp was refused), i dont need to leave the country and i can stay here until____date as the wp holder of employer1.

i wonder, if you got a letter like that ...now where the visa curtail bit comes in ...not sure.

kupratap
Newly Registered

Post by kupratap » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:32 pm

Hope2007 wrote:did your old employer who did they issue the WP for inform the HO that your employment ended ? you had mentioned problem. well, i have the same issue , when i left the employer1, i got job in 28 days but when my employer2 applied for change of employment, they said , it was more than 28 days and asked them to prove job ad and etc...finally my employer2 could not get the wp. one month later i got a letter from HO saying , based on the desicion (wp was refused), i dont need to leave the country and i can stay here until____date as the wp holder of employer1.

i wonder, if you got a letter like that ...now where the visa curtail bit comes in ...not sure.
Thanks for your reply,
when i left the old employer in Feb, I didn't get any sort of letter or information from Home office stating you have find an employer in 28 or leave the country like that,
more over I in nov HO apporved my WP and also FLRIED as well,
please advise thank you

Hope2007

Post by Hope2007 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:43 pm

The HO might have given you a new wp, which means your 5 year clock would have been reset. sorry i am not too expert in this.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:18 am

kupratap wrote:
when i left the old employer in Feb, I didn't get any sort of letter or information from Home office stating you have find an employer in 28 or leave the country like that,
more over I in nov HO apporved my WP and also FLRIED as well,
please advise thank you
In any case, it is your responsibilitity to understand the terms of your visa, the HO doesn't have to inform you that you have 28 days or else. When you had problems, it would have been better to have asked them for advice. However, they have deemed that your 5 yr clock restarted more or less on the 2nd permit so you will have to wait until 2011. Sorry

was

Re: ILR Refused need help

Post by was » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:21 am

kupratap wrote:Dear Experts:

Got approved in Nov-2006, Got stamped FLRIED on Dec-2006, Got a visa till May-2008,

Now in Dec I applied for ILR, been refused because of my visa was curtailed in the period of Feb-2006 to Dec-2006, hence we are not granting to indefinite leave,
hi kupratap
sorry to hear that ur ilr is refused
Did u apply by post or did u apply in person, if in post how many days they took to give the decision and how many absenses u had

kupratap
Newly Registered

Post by kupratap » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:49 pm

I approached the HO through my Solicitors , and waiting from the HO to comment on this,
As I didn't receive any curtailment notice,
How they approve my WP in Dec-2006
Let's see what happens,

Any advises ???

was wrote:

hi kupratap
Did u apply by post or did u apply in person, if in post how many days they took to give the decision and how many absenses u had

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:35 pm

kupratap wrote:I approached the HO through my Solicitors , and waiting from the HO to comment on this,
Granting a work permit is very different from granting ILR. Different criteria will apply.

was

Post by was » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:03 pm

kupratap wrote:I approached the HO through my Solicitors , and waiting from the HO to comment on this,
Let's see what happens,

Any advises ???

was wrote:

hi kupratap
hi pratap
i could not understand ur case might. u said HO refused ur ilr. did u apply again or u still waiting for HO reply

kupratap
Newly Registered

Post by kupratap » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:38 am

VictoriaS wrote:Once you left your job, if you didn't get another in 28 days then you should have left the UK, therefore your visa ceased to be valid.

Victoria
Hi Victoria
Thanks for your reply
please also clarify me what is SAS or SAR file held by the home office
how to apply it, any like or information please,

Thank you

kupratap
Newly Registered

ILR help -- very urgent

Post by kupratap » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:12 am

HI Experts:

My ILR was refused on 2007- due to the curtilement,
Now I'm eligible for ILR, My history re-cap

1.) Came on 2002, Workpermit, changed emloyement on Dec- 2006,

ILR refused on 2007 due to the previous employer curtitled my WP,

Now with the new workpermit (start from my clock from Dec -2006)

Questions:

1.) Do I need to explain from the bigingin or just start from 2006
2.) I had an accident on 2008, still no claim has been made as both parties not accept the liability, there is no court hearing on any criminal offence or any fine, do I need to mention about his
3.) I have passed my Life in UK test in the year 2007, do I need to write any, please advice,

Thank you
Regards
Kumar

kupratap wrote:

Victoria
Hi Victoria
Thanks for your reply
please also clarify me what is SAS or SAR file held by the home office
how to apply it, any like or information please,

Thank you

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:41 am

1. The qualifying residential period is the 5 years immediately preceding the settlement application.
2. Don't think so, unless the form asks for information about "accident(s)".
3. No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

kupratap
Newly Registered

Post by kupratap » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:09 pm

sushdmehta wrote:1. The qualifying residential period is the 5 years immediately preceding the settlement application.
2. Don't think so, unless the form asks for information about "accident(s)".
3. No.
Another question,

Now I'm applying my ILR this month,
Do I need to Include my UK born baby, As I'm confidant that I can get the ILR,

Can I apply british passport to my UK born baby after we got ILR

plesae advice

Urgent

tonypetty

Good Luck and inform us please what happened back in 2007

Post by tonypetty » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:07 pm

Good to c u survived all this four years....must been very tough for you...As you came in 2002 and applying ILR on work permit basis ....you also have another base of ten years long residency by now.......

Can you give a snapshot of your events back in 2007...what happened when ur solicitor wrote back to HO?

Did u apply same day or postal back in 2007?

U must have done some research on curtailment issue....what is your advice if one have same sort of case as yours?

I immigane u r with same employer from last five years..... R u going for same day or postal application this time.

One very important thing that when ur first wp/Leave was curtailed then you was not notified and still they extended your new 2nd employer wp and stamp ur passport with new leave? Did they said anything at that stage or have done anything unusual at the time granting 2nd WP or leave?

When first did u come to know that ur WP was curtailed? Was u still working for ur 1st employer at that time?

Good Luck this time

kupratap
Newly Registered

Re: Good Luck and inform us please what happened back in 200

Post by kupratap » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:43 pm

HO told the same thing to my Solicitor, hence nothing was happended, I was lucky that I have got my WP,
Yeah I was with the same employer for past 5 years, so no Issues this time, luckly my Pay is also above the Code of practice,
I'm applying in person, on my own on 22nd of this month
---

Long residance only for those who lived legally 10 years, my case in 2005 my WP was curtiled so I don't apply or think of that route,

thank you
tonypetty wrote:Good to c u survived all this four years....must been very tough for you...As you came in 2002 and applying ILR on work permit basis ....you also have another base of ten years long residency by now.......

Can you give a snapshot of your events back in 2007...what happened when ur solicitor wrote back to HO?

Did u apply same day or postal back in 2007?

U must have done some research on curtailment issue....what is your advice if one have same sort of case as yours?

I immigane u r with same employer from last five years..... R u going for same day or postal application this time.

One very important thing that when ur first wp/Leave was curtailed then you was not notified and still they extended your new 2nd employer wp and stamp ur passport with new leave? Did they said anything at that stage or have done anything unusual at the time granting 2nd WP or leave?

When first did u come to know that ur WP was curtailed? Was u still working for ur 1st employer at that time?

Good Luck this time

wakate55
Newly Registered

Post by wakate55 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:53 am

Hi, I am glad to hear that you are eligible for ILR.

It seems to me your experience is precious for someone who have got the same situation.

I would like to clarify your incidents if you don't mind, so could you please correct me.

Aug 2002 - came to the UK with a work permit
Aug 2005 - changed your work permit which was until Jan 2007
Feb 2006 - left the company
Nov 2006 - obtained a new work permit which was until May 2008

Had your visa been curtailed from Jan 2007 to Dec 2006 in Feb 2006?
or Had your visa been curtailed at some point in the period of Feb 2006 to Dec 2006, and you don't know exactly about until when your visa was valid after curtailed?

Thank you for your help :)