ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr refused .........what can i do

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

samasama
Newly Registered

ilr refused .........what can i do

Post by samasama » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:02 pm

i recieved my documents back today i was refused the ILR application.the reason was just one line that because i live in scotland and work here and my wife lives in manchester , the secretary of states is not satisfied we intend to be together as couples.
i applied in october last year and only moved to scotland in november due to work transfer. i could not get another job because my passport is with the home office and my wife has tried applying for jobs in scotland as well but her passport is with them as well since october last year.
when we went for the interview, i took with me copies of train tickets that she uses to travel to scotland everymonth with relevent transaction on the bank statement.i do drive to manchester twice a month as well. almost 100 copies of telephone conversation from january till date was also included showing we get in touch all the time.we explained to them that we were trying to look for jobs in either place
the funniest thing is that, they gave me a one year extension on my passport.
i do believe i paid alost 1000 pounds for application for ILR
i dnt know what they want me to do with the one year. is it that i should apply at the end of the one year again or anytime during the one year ? is the application free of charge ?, all these they did not state .the only thing they said was that i cannot appeal the decision.
please what do you think i should do

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:13 pm

Basically you've got a year to get jobs in similar locations so you can live together as a couple. Now you've got your passports back you want to find jobs as quick as possible so you can spend as much of that year together.

As I guess they've given you the equivalent of 1 years FLR, you will have to pay the full fee again when you apply in a years time.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:39 pm

Seek legal advice on this from an OISC registered Immigration Advisor as soon as possible for confirmation as to whether you can appeal the decision.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:48 am

OP cant appeal. He is very lucky that he even got flr. If he is not living with his wife by the time he applies next time, a refusal is guaranteed.

Thetruthprevials

Re: ilr refused .........what can i do

Post by Thetruthprevials » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:25 pm

Yes please do seek legal advice. And i believe you can appeal. Never say never

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:35 pm

What I've been wondering is why the HO spent so much time looking into your application if you didn't change jobs until after you applied? Did they find out (if so how?) or was there other issues with your application?

samasama
Newly Registered

Post by samasama » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:38 pm

i did not change job. i was transferred and i explained that to them at the interview. it appears they were just looking for an excuse cos i gave them details of phone conversations and travel tickets .
i was living with my wife when i applied and only got transferred amonth after.

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:16 pm

samasama wrote:i did not change job. i was transferred and i explained that to them at the interview. it appears they were just looking for an excuse cos i gave them details of phone conversations and travel tickets .
i was living with my wife when i applied and only got transferred amonth after.
Sorry by changing jobs I meant changing location. But that doesn't change my question about why the HO were out to get you as they wouldn't have known you weren't living with your wife now.

samasama
Newly Registered

Post by samasama » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:18 pm

we were called for interview and i told them at the interview

ramsilr77
Newly Registered

ilr refusal

Post by ramsilr77 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:34 pm

hi ,

has your ilr sorted out , i have got a similar problem , please if possible can you contact me on rams.kvns@gmail.com

Regards
venkat

samasama
Newly Registered

AND AT LAST, I GOT IT

Post by samasama » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:05 pm

Last week, i gopt a letter to send my passport and today, i ve got my ILR . I m so so happy the battle is over now.

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: AND AT LAST, I GOT IT

Post by f2k » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:36 pm

samasama wrote:Last week, i gopt a letter to send my passport and today, i ve got my ILR . I m so so happy the battle is over now.
congratulations. thats is good news.

FaeLLe
Member of Standing

Post by FaeLLe » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:09 am

How did you get an interview to explain if it is mentioned that you cannot appeal this decision?
Last edited by FaeLLe on Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:55 am

FaeLLe wrote:How did you get an interview to explain in if it is mentioned that you cannot appeal this decision?

this is 2010 thread : you should create new one because OP last logged in july 2010
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021