ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set M posting off docs last minute query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Exquisit33

ILR Set M posting off docs last minute query

Post by Exquisit33 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:23 pm

Hello there,

(ILR Set M/
Spouse Visa settlement) 27 months visa due to expire any day now

I am posting off my husband's application + documents via special delivery..

My question is do I post ALL documents including passport, driving licence + cohabitation proof letters, wage slips inside the same envelope? I brought one of those padded bubble wrap envelopes to post everything in.. Will that be suitable?

My main conern is his passport and mine shall I put these in with the application... ???

I know silly question but I just want to make sure before I post just incase I get anything wrong.. I'm really nervous about it.

Thank you for your reply
Allah is the greatest!

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Set M posting off docs last minute query

Post by SSWSZ » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:17 pm

You have to do special delivery and they have their special bag just ask in post office that passports are in documents and you need special delivery they will provide you bag and post i
ss

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:50 pm

SSWSZ wrote:You have to do special delivery and they have their special bag just ask
in post office that passports are in documents and you need special delivery they will provide you bag and post i
Hi,

So will I still need my envelope? I'm confused..
Allah is the greatest!

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:51 pm

No u don't need any envelop
ss

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:54 pm

You can include one special delivery envelop with your case and note down its tracking number so when ho will post you case back in it you can track it online .otherwise no need to include extra envelop it will cost almost 8 pound each
ss

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:59 pm

SSWSZ wrote:You can include one special delivery envelop with your case and note down its tracking number so when ho will post you case back in it you can track it online .otherwise no need to include extra envelop it will cost almost 8 pound each

When we send off application and documents do they weigh it????
Allah is the greatest!

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:04 pm

No they didn't weight it in my case but obviously if it's too heavy then they might weight it
ss

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:29 pm

I printed the application double sided... Will that be ok an also did you put photocopies of everything in?
Allah is the greatest!

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:34 pm

I have no idea about double sided .i get ILR on set(m) in Croydon office .i only attach photocopy of passport first page and all pages that contain any visa.brp copy of mine and my hubby .and marriage certificates that's it and get visa without any problem

Exquisit33 wrote:I printed the application double sided... Will that be ok an also did you put photocopies of everything in?
ss

sunil05
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Dependent Visa from India

Post by sunil05 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:55 pm

Hello There,

I am On ILR visa , i want apply for my wife visa from India.

please advise me Financial Crieteria to met the requirements.

I am earning more than 19K. Do i need to show any savings for Visa?

Kindly Could you advise me.

Thank You,

Regards,

allwell46

Post by allwell46 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:37 pm

Sswsz

You have ever been lucky with home office, we attach bundle of documents where as you only attach just couple and still gets visa and Ilr sorted.

Good luck for your british passport.

SSWSZ wrote:I have no idea about double sided .i get ILR on set(m) in Croydon office .i only attach photocopy of passport first page and all pages that contain any visa.brp copy of mine and my hubby .and marriage certificates that's it and get visa without any problem

Exquisit33 wrote:I printed the application double sided... Will that be ok an also did you put photocopies of everything in?

WR1

Post by WR1 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:27 pm

From Sswsz's statement, I think you'll find that Sswsz's has a PEO appointment at the Croyden office, meaning an in person same day application. Originals would have been taken, and any lack of photocopies would have been made by the Home Office.

allwell46 wrote:Sswsz

You have ever been lucky with home office, we attach bundle of documents where as you only attach just couple and still gets visa and Ilr sorted.

Good luck for your british passport.

SSWSZ wrote:I have no idea about double sided .i get ILR on set(m) in Croydon office .i only attach photocopy of passport first page and all pages that contain any visa.brp copy of mine and my hubby .and marriage certificates that's it and get visa without any problem

Double sided print should be fine. Just ensure the first page of the application is facing the front. (This will be stated on either the SET(M) form or the guidance notes.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided