ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR set-O queries and concerns

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sahil0922
Newly Registered

ILR set-O queries and concerns

Post by sahil0922 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:12 am

Hi all,

I have been on tier-1 since March 2010 and my qualifying period started Dec, 2011 as I had more than 6 months absence before Dec,2011.
My wife is applying for ILR wih me in next few days. She made her first dependent application in June,2012 but was refused to start with. This was later accepted in appeal.

Questions-
1. I am assuming since my wife's application was accepted in appeal, cancellation would clear off and therefore she will still be under pre-July 2012 rules. Thus, her qualifying period would only be 2/3 years and not 5 years.
2. Under Section-3, do I only tick 'Tier-1 General migrant' or do i also tick ' Tier-1 Dependent' as I am applying for my wife in the same application.
3. This is the most concerning question - 6.3 what evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?
Do I have to get a letter from employer to support reasons for all the absences, even though total absences over the qualifying period has only accumulated to 148 days altogether? They have all been paid annual absences and non-work related. In other words, I am not trying to support any long term absences.
The problem I have is because I book my holidays myself on the system, some of the dates booked do not match with the dates I have taken and HR will get mental about it if I ask them to issue letter for the dates I want.
4. Lastly our daughter was born in March, 16 and I wouldn't like to apply for any leave for her until we have our ILR sorted. And after our ILR is granted, would apply for British passport for her. Please comment if this okay.

Please any suggestions or answers for above questions will be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks.
Sahil

sahil0922
Newly Registered

Re: ILR set-O queries and concerns

Post by sahil0922 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:14 am

Hi all,

I have been on tier-1 since March 2010 and my qualifying period started Dec, 2011 as I had more than 6 months absence before Dec,2011.
My wife is applying for ILR wih me in next few days. She made her first dependent application in June,2012 but was refused to start with. This was later accepted in appeal.

Questions-
1. I am assuming since my wife's application was accepted in appeal, cancellation would clear off and therefore she will still be under pre-July 2012 rules. Thus, her qualifying period would only be 2/3 years and not 5 years.
2. Under Section-3, do I only tick 'Tier-1 General migrant' or do i also tick ' Tier-1 Dependent' as I am applying for my wife in the same application.
3. This is the most concerning question - 6.3 what evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?
Do I have to get a letter from employer to support reasons for all the absences, even though total absences over the qualifying period has only accumulated to 148 days altogether? They have all been paid annual absences and non-work related. In other words, I am not trying to support any long term absences.
The problem I have is because I book my holidays myself on the system, some of the dates booked do not match with the dates I have taken and HR will get mental about it if I ask them to issue letter for the dates I want.
4. Lastly our daughter was born in March, 16 and I wouldn't like to apply for any leave for her until we have our ILR sorted. And after our ILR is granted, would apply for British passport for her. Please comment if this okay.

Please any suggestions or answers for above questions will be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks.
Sahil

Please if anyone can respond as need to post my application next week...

sahil0922
Newly Registered

Re: ILR set-O queries and concerns

Post by sahil0922 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:58 am

Please if anyone can respond as need to post my application next week...