ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR stay outside UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Checkmate101
Newly Registered

ILR stay outside UK

Post by Checkmate101 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:26 pm

Dear Users can anyone please help me with a query, that the two year maximum time period cap a person can stay outside UK (in case of an ILR), Is it 2 years in one go or an accumulation of total time period before one applies for naturalisation.

Casa

Re: ILR STAY OUTSIDE UK

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:32 pm

ILR is lost if more than 2 years is spent outside of the UK and brief return visits won't maintain the ILR status.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Checkmate101
Newly Registered

Re: ILR stay outside UK

Post by Checkmate101 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:45 pm

@Casa thanks for the reply ,
ILR is lost if more than 2 years is spent outside of the UK , two years in one go ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR stay outside UK

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:06 pm

Yes, 2 years in one go. Short visits to the UK WILL NOT maintain your ILR status.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.