ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at Croydon 12/04/2014

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pkvin
Newly Registered

ILR success at Croydon 12/04/2014

Post by pkvin » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:55 pm

Hi

Today I applied for ILR at Croydon and everything went on well. I want to thank everyone who took time to clarify my doubts.

My appointment was at 9:30 am but they started to process my application( issued token, met a person in a counter to put the documents in a folder and biometric ) soon after i reached there at 8:45 am. Not many people around during Saturday and I got the decision within 45 mins and left PEO.

Documents submitted:

Category: Tier 2
SET(O) Dec 2013
Photos: 2
Paid the old fee: £1426
Passports old and new
BRP
LIUK
Degree certificate and PBS calculator printout
Old work permit original
Salary Slips: last 12 months ( originals)
Bank statements: last 12 months ( recent originals + old ones online statements stamped by Barclays)
Employer letter: confirming my employment, SOC code, salary, still required for the job
Employer letter: confirming my annual and other leaves
P60: last 5 year
Photocopy of all supporting documents and passport copies including the immigration stamps and visas

At PEO, they don't ask for specific documents other than our application, passport,photos and BRP. It is upto us to keep all the documents in the folder they give us.

I noticed one thing though when my documents were returned only my recent bank statement and payslip were separated from other statements and slips. I seriously doubt for tier 2 migrant we need to give these 12months statements. Anyway better to go with the wind!

Now I have to apply for my tier 2 dependents ILR which i am planning to do just before their current leave is about to expire in Nov 2014.

Thanks

chandu_246

Re: ILR success at Croydon 12/04/2014

Post by chandu_246 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:36 pm

Hi Pkvin,

Congrats on getting ILR.I have a saturday appointment as well in Croydon on May 10th.

One question.You mentioned your dependent is on TIER2 dependent.Is your dependent visa is still valid, as your visa status has changed to ILR though there will some grace time to change dependents visa status.

Regards,
Chandra

pkvin
Newly Registered

Post by pkvin » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:10 pm

Hi
Thanks!
dependants have to remain or extend as a ‘dependant’ in my original visa category ( i.e tier 2) until they qualify for ILR
Here is a recent discussion on this topic:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1019671

chandu_246 wrote:Hi Pkvin,

Congrats on getting ILR.I have a saturday appointment as well in Croydon on May 10th.

One question.You mentioned your dependent is on TIER2 dependent.Is your dependent visa is still valid, as your visa status has changed to ILR though there will some grace time to change dependents visa status.

Regards,
Chandra

susan0x

Post by susan0x » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:56 pm

pkvin wrote:Hi

Today I applied for ILR at Croydon and everything went on well. I want to thank everyone who took time to clarify my doubts.
congrats pkvin,

cound you please publish teh template for
Employer letter: confirming my employment, SOC code, salary, still required for the job

Skc84

Post by Skc84 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:17 pm

Congrats...

Same request:

Please could you upload template for the below letters? Will be of gr8 help

Thanks in advance

pkvin
Newly Registered

Post by pkvin » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:37 am

Hi

Sorry was away.

letter content:

To whim it may concern
UK Border Agency

Re: Name

I hereby confirm that NAME is currently employed as a POSITION at COMPANY NAME. His employment commenced on DATE and he /she is still required for the employment in question. His current contract of employment is until DATE.

The SOC code NUMBER is applicable to his employment. His current rate of pay is SALARY per annum, and I can confirm this is above the appropriate rate listed in the codes of practice

yours faithfully

XXX

Absences letter:

I am writing to confirm that following work related absences and annual leave were approved and all of them were paid leave. He is entitled to DAYS paid annual leave.

Table:

Date
From to Reasons for absence

Skc84 wrote:Congrats...

Same request:

Please could you upload template for the below letters? Will be of gr8 help

Thanks in advance

susan0x

Post by susan0x » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:14 am

Thanks pkvin