ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success based on WP Yesterday 07-March -12- PEO Solihull

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

genious

ILR Success based on WP Yesterday 07-March -12- PEO Solihull

Post by genious » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:21 pm

Hi All,

First of thank you all who helped me and all those who are helping others. This is a great community. i congratulate you for helping the people, You guys are really making a big difference in the lives of many peoples.

i was one of the those who were affected by the income criteria last year. After long and tiring struggle my employer agreed to give me required pay rise.

My appointment was yesterday 9AM. Reached the Solihull PEO, went through the security and they give me my ticket number.

After 15 minutes I was called. The case worker was friendly and she asked me for passport and form. I gave to her. She asked me under what category I am applying, I said work permit. Next moment she said do you have your employer letter, I said yes.

She asked for it. She red it twice and may be more and node her head, it looks fine. Note she took it very seriously. After that she done some checks on her system and then gone through the form especially the new section with 4 new boxes for SOC code, salary and hours. She then print out codes of practice for my category and compared with my employer letter. At the end she seems happy with it. I was bit relaxed after that.

She then asked for payslips and bank statement. I gave here 3 months payslips and bank statements. She matched my salary with bank statement transactions and then use calculator to find net amount.
She then checked for life in the uk certificate and verified it.

Then she asked for 2 years co-hob proof that my depends are living with me. I had only 15 months. She said she needs 2 years. I explained to her that 2 years rule don’t apply in my case. She checked with her colleague and said no. I explained to her again. She checked again and at last she said you seem right.

Note, in the whole process she was filling a two sided form and ticking different options.

At the end she asked me to pay in the next counter and wait in waiting area for the biometric.

I have Paid £2700 and then gave biometric. I was told to collect papers after 2 hours. Collected papers 90 minutes and came home happily.

They said biometric card will be delivered to my address in 7-10 days.

Any questions welcome.

thanks

adil2009

Re: ILR Success based on WP Yesterday 07-March -12- PEO Soli

Post by adil2009 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:53 pm

congratulation for success of your application. i am on same board, would go to apply soon with my wife. question is , my wife didn't stay with me for two years ,she is on WP dependent visa. what you suggestion me what documents i need to show co-hob proof ?if CW ask me and insist me to show .

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:03 pm

Hi Genious

Many many heartiest congratulations on your big success.

Didn't the CW ask you about your P60's or HMRC employment history I know they are not manadatory requirements but just wanted to know about it.

Also many thanks for sharing your PEO experience on the forum it helps a lot.

Congratulations once again and good luck for the future and waiting for your reply.

Smam

Sec 5 COP Questions Answers Help Required Please !!!!

Post by Smam » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:07 pm

Hi Genious,

Most important question if you kindly share your answers that how you have answered those last 4 question in Sec 5 of the Set(O) form regarding the COP.

I dont really wanted to know any real data just interested in knowing how you have answered those questions as I found them really confusing my self to answer.

That would also be the greatest help for many of the forum members.

Many thanks and desperately waiting for your reply.

Sup

Post by Sup » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:43 pm

Hi Genious,

many congratulation on your success..

at the end what doc. you submitted for cohab.??
Also your SOC was close or exact matching?

I have Solihull appointment soon with two dependent..

thanks,
Sup

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:45 pm

Congrats genious !

brakesh

Post by brakesh » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:34 am

genious wrote:Hi All,

First of thank you all who helped me and all those who are helping others. This is a great community. i congratulate you for helping the people, You guys are really making a big difference in the lives of many peoples.

i was one of the those who were affected by the income criteria last year. After long and tiring struggle my employer agreed to give me required pay rise.

My appointment was yesterday 9AM. Reached the Solihull PEO, went through the security and they give me my ticket number.

After 15 minutes I was called. The case worker was friendly and she asked me for passport and form. I gave to her. She asked me under what category I am applying, I said work permit. Next moment she said do you have your employer letter, I said yes.

She asked for it. She red it twice and may be more and node her head, it looks fine. Note she took it very seriously. After that she done some checks on her system and then gone through the form especially the new section with 4 new boxes for SOC code, salary and hours. She then print out codes of practice for my category and compared with my employer letter. At the end she seems happy with it. I was bit relaxed after that.

She then asked for payslips and bank statement. I gave here 3 months payslips and bank statements. She matched my salary with bank statement transactions and then use calculator to find net amount.

Then she asked for 2 years co-hob proof that my depends are living with me. I had only 15 months. She said she needs 2 years. I explained to her that 2 years rule don’t apply in my case. She checked with her colleague and said no. I explained to her again. She checked again and at last she said you seem right.

Note, in the whole process she was filling a two sided form and ticking different options.

At the end she asked me to pay in the next counter and wait in waiting area for the biometric.

I have Paid £2700 and then gave biometric. I was told to collect papers after 2 hours. Collected papers 90 minutes and came home happily.

Any questions welcome.

thanks
Hi genious,
Congratulations for your successful application.
I would be thankful to you if could please explain what did you fill on section 5 of the application

* "SOC code"
* "Current Rate of Pay (As Stated in COP) - Per Hour"
* "Current Rate of Pay (As Stated in COP) - Per annum"
* "number of hours this salary is based on"
* "number of weekly hours"

Thank you in advance
BR

genious

Post by genious » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:37 am

@adil2009; you don't need to prove that you were living togeather for 2 years, however you have to prove that you were living togeather since your dependent joined you in uk.

vinny posted link in one post from immigration laws section from UKBA. will try to post here again. on safe side have letters from 3 different sources that address both of you.

@Smam, she did not asked for p60 or anyother document. however my employer letters has date when i have joined.

@Sup, i had co-hob documents from 5 different sources (electricity, gas, water, joint bank account statement and council tax.) i have gave her first set (gas, electricity and water).then i told here i have got more but she said if she need more documents she will ask for. that's it.

@Smam/@Sup/@brakesh,
(my SOC code was not exaact match so have used closest match. i used template from the sticky).

* "SOC code" My closest SOC
* "Current Rate of Pay (As Stated in COP) - Per Hour" Left it blank
* "Current Rate of Pay (As Stated in COP) - Per annum" entered my current salary. in the code of practice my SOC have only annual salary mentioned
* "number of hours this salary is based on" it should be 37.5.
* "number of weekly hours" 37.5 as my contract was based on 37.5.

note she just had a glace of this section, I guess she only checked SOC code and annual salary.

i hope its clear.

let me know if you need more info.

i wish best of luck all of you.

brakesh

Post by brakesh » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:35 am

genious wrote:@adil2009; you don't need to prove that you were living togeather for 2 years, however you have to prove that you were living togeather since your dependent joined you in uk.

vinny posted link in one post from immigration laws section from UKBA. will try to post here again. on safe side have letters from 3 different sources that address both of you.

@Smam, she did not asked for p60 or anyother document. however my employer letters has date when i have joined.

@Sup, i had co-hob documents from 5 different sources (electricity, gas, water, joint bank account statement and council tax.) i have gave her first set (gas, electricity and water).then i told here i have got more but she said if she need more documents she will ask for. that's it.

@Smam/@Sup/@brakesh,
(my SOC code was not exaact match so have used closest match. i used template from the sticky).

* "Current Rate of Pay (As Stated in COP) - Per annum" entered my current salary. in the code of practice my SOC have only annual salary mentioned

note she just had a glace of this section, I guess she only checked SOC code and annual salary.

i hope its clear.

Thank you very much for the information genious.

adil2009

Post by adil2009 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:13 pm

[quote="genious"]@adil2009; you don't need to prove that you were living togeather for 2 years, however you have to prove that you were living togeather since your dependent joined you in uk.

Would it possible can you give me document list which you showed , so i can try to menage it , Any documents which you think will be acceptable.

sarvo_uk
Newly Registered

Post by sarvo_uk » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:22 pm

genious wrote:Hi All,

Any questions welcome.

thanks
Many Congratulation Genius.

I am in the category as you. 5 years work Permit and I have a query on the COP if you could answer please?
"She then print out codes of practice for my category and compared with my employer letter."

What COP for Work permit category did the Case worker print?

Also as far as the SOC code is concerned, did HR find it for you?

Thanks

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:58 pm

Hi Genious

Many thanks for your reply.

Good luck for the future.

Sup

Post by Sup » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:50 pm

genious wrote:@adil2009; you don't need to prove that you were living togeather for 2 years, however you have to prove that you were living togeather since your dependent joined you in uk.

@Smam/@Sup/@brakesh,

i hope its clear.

thanks for help...

genious

Post by genious » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:54 pm

adil2009 wrote:

Would it possible can you give me document list which you showed , so i can try to menage it , Any documents which you think will be acceptable.
you can use utility bills i.e. Gas, Electricity, Water, BT and council tax/joint bank account statement.

@sarvo_uk
she printed the section j of codes of practice and then checked agained my job title as mentioned in my employer letter.

well, i did all the research and draft the letter, my HR print that out and signed for me.

hope it helps.

anton75
Newly Registered

hi

Post by anton75 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:51 pm

Dear Genious

what sort of proof did u show for your dependants I mean living with your wife for the 15 months mentioned by you ???? even children what proof??
I would be helpful for my application

Kind regards

Anton

genious

Re: hi

Post by genious » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:04 pm

anton75 wrote:Dear Genious

what sort of proof did u show for your dependants I mean living with your wife for the 15 months mentioned by you ???? even children what proof??
I would be helpful for my application

Kind regards

Anton
We had Gas, Electricity, Water, council tax and joint bank account statements. but three differetn types of bills should be ok. these should address both of you.

genious

Post by genious » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:06 pm

just to update, i have received my BRP card today after arranging for redelivery from THEDX. i had missed on friday.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:11 pm

That's great news. Congrats again genious

dsoso

cohab docs+ letter from employer

Post by dsoso » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:26 am

hello genious,could u pls answer to a few questions i have on my planned ilr application.

Is it possible for you to send a sample of the letter your hr provided sating all that ukba needs to be stated,ie,soc,salary hours etc?also i am a bit confused as to what documents for cohabilitation me and hubby should provide,should they all have our both names and if not how many should be addressed to us both?over what duration and how many copies of these are needed..
Thanks for your help(i am currently on work permit).

genious

Re: cohab docs+ letter from employer

Post by genious » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:04 am

dsoso wrote:hello genious,could u pls answer to a few questions i have on my planned ilr application.

Is it possible for you to send a sample of the letter your hr provided sating all that ukba needs to be stated,ie,soc,salary hours etc?also i am a bit confused as to what documents for cohabilitation me and hubby should provide,should they all have our both names and if not how many should be addressed to us both?over what duration and how many copies of these are needed..
Thanks for your help(i am currently on work permit).
i used the sample letter as in sticky here

You need to prove that you both were living together since your partner has joined you. Letters can address both of you or one of you but at least from 3 different sources. for example you can have jan, feb march gas bill, june, july, august water bill and so on.

dsoso

Post by dsoso » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:37 pm

ok,thanks!