ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success with traffic offence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Xcape_24
Nigeria

ILR success with traffic offence

Post by Xcape_24 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:31 pm

Hi my fellow members, i thought i had share my ILR success with a traffic offence,i was stop in November 2013 by a police car for driving without insurance and provisional licence,stupid i know,the car was a friends without the knowledge his insurance as been cancelled due to not sending his No claims bonus on time.
Here is my journey to my ILR SUCCESS.

Entered the UK in 2007 with a student.
Renewed my student visa 2009.
Meet my partner 2009.
Had a baby girl 2011.
Got stopped by police in november 2013 and court sentence july 2014.
Got married 2012,submitted application 2012,Home office held application for 9months due to backlog and IT problem.
Spousal visa application came out january 2013 {2 years visa under the old rule}.
6 months down the line before my spouse visa i was really worried due to my traffic offence,so i turned to this board again, have been a member over two year.
I read topics of ILR success with TRAFFIC OFFENCE. So i did a DBS and POLICE check and all came clear . Took my english exam and life in the Uk on the 25th of january,got home that aND booked a SOMEDAY PREMIUM FOR THE 27TH OF JANUARY 13:00 SO I HAD 2 DAYS to prepare all document. Gathered all documents.
Form Set {M}
PAYSLIPS
TV LICENCE
BANK STATEMENT
LETTERS ON MY ADDRESS
WIFE PAYSLIP
WIFES PASSPORT
DAUGHTERS PASSPORT
DBS CHECK CERTIFICATE
POLICE CHECK
I made photocopies of all documents, AND wrote a letter to case worker about traffic offence and stated its not on my record as a crimnal recored.
Got to shefffield home office at 12:00,got through security and submitted all document at 12:29 .
At 13:15 i said to the lady at the counter i had to get some food as my little girl and wife was hungry,she asked for my number incase my caseworker needs any information or if my application is ready for collection,at 14:45 i has a call from an unknown number and the lady said Mr so so your application is ready for collection,i was nervous but calmed myself down,took me 15mins to walk back an the lady brought my documents out and said congrat you settlement as been granted,was well happy.
i thought i had share my story as it might help someone else out there with traffice offence out,i might not be on here but i will try to check on the forum to see if anyone needs to ask any question.Thanks

iffi786

Re: ILR success with traffic offence

Post by iffi786 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:58 am

Which side did u dbs check

montysingh

Post by montysingh » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:52 am

Xcape_24 wrote:Hi my fellow members, i thought i had share my ILR success with a traffic offence,i was stop in November 2013 by a police car for driving without insurance and provisional licence,stupid i know,the car was a friends without the knowledge his insurance as been cancelled due to not sending his No claims bonus on time.

Meet my partner 2009.
Had a baby girl 2011.
Got married 2012,submitted application 2012,Home office held application for 9months due to backlog and IT problem.
Spousal visa application came out january 2013 {2 years visa under the old rule}.
6 months down the line before my spouse visa i was really worried due to my traffic offence,so i turned to this board again, have been a member over two year.
I read topics of ILR success with TRAFFIC OFFENCE. So i did a DBS and POLICE check and all came clear . Took my english exam and life in the Uk on the 25th of january,got home that aND booked a SOMEDAY PREMIUM FOR THE 27TH OF JANUARY 13:00 SO I HAD 2 DAYS to prepare all document. Gathered all documents.
Form Set {M}
PAYSLIPS
TV LICENCE
BANK STATEMENT
LETTERS ON MY ADDRESS
WIFE PAYSLIP
WIFES PASSPORT
DAUGHTERS PASSPORT
DBS CHECK CERTIFICATE
POLICE CHECK
I made photocopies of all documents, AND wrote a letter to case worker about traffic offence and stated its not on my record as a crimnal recored.
Got to shefffield home office at 12:00,got through security and submitted all document at 12:29 .
At 13:15 i said to the lady at the counter i had to get some food as my little girl and wife was hungry,she asked for my number incase my caseworker needs any information or if my application is ready for collection,at 14:45 i has a call from an unknown number and the lady said Mr so so your application is ready for collection,i was nervous but calmed myself down,took me 15mins to walk back an the lady brought my documents out and said congrat you settlement as been granted,was well happy.
i thought i had share my story as it might help someone else out there with traffice offence out,i might not be on here but i will try to check on the forum to see if anyone needs to ask any question.Thanks
Hello Mate

I think the success will be definate if the conviction does not appear in PNC or DS applications.

congrats anyway

Xcape_24
Nigeria

Post by Xcape_24 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:42 am

I had my dsb with my employer

hareaca
Newly Registered

Post by hareaca » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:47 pm

Hi Monty,

I have my Tier -1 extension due on coming tuesday.
I have a similar situation my tier 1 estension is due and ILR next year.

Had been charged for two offence:
1) SP30 - driving at the speed of 60 in 30 zone
2) LC20 - not driving in accordance with driving license. I had full indian license but driving more than 1 year plus had a UK provisional license

Court sentenced with total fine of £355 including court fee and 6 penalty points on my driving license.

I called a lawyer who says there has been some changes to law on March 2 , 2015 and as per that this will be refused.

Please share your view and also let me know how can i speak to you.

Foreigner123

Post by Foreigner123 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:41 am

Xcape_24 wrote:Hi my fellow members, i thought i had share my ILR success with a traffic offence,i was stop in November 2013 by a police car for driving without insurance and provisional licence,stupid i know,the car was a friends without the knowledge his insurance as been cancelled due to not sending his No claims bonus on time.

Meet my partner 2009.
Had a baby girl 2011.
Form Set {M}
PAYSLIPS
TV LICENCE
BANK STATEMENT
LETTERS ON MY ADDRESS
WIFE PAYSLIP
WIFES PASSPORT
DAUGHTERS PASSPORT
DBS CHECK CERTIFICATE
POLICE CHECK

Hi Xcape_24

I have a pending case for the driving no accordance to license.
My ILR is due Aug 2016.
Any advice ?

chiragpatel
Newly Registered

Post by chiragpatel » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:12 pm

Xcape_24 wrote:I had my dsb with my employer
Hi Xcape_24,

What profession are you working in? and which umbrella body did your employer use to get your DBS check done? I presume, you (your employer on your behalf) have carried out 'enhanced DBS check' but not 'enhanced check with list checks'.

I want to get DBS check done for myself and my employer is ready to help me but umbrella bodies and DBS department says that employer can't carry out dbs check unless it is to do with employment. I work in accountancy.

I shall await to hear from you.

Thanks

chiragpatel
Newly Registered

Post by chiragpatel » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:22 pm

chiragpatel wrote:
Xcape_24 wrote:I had my dsb with my employer
Hi Xcape_24,

What profession are you working in? and which umbrella body did your employer use to get your DBS check done? I presume, you (your employer on your behalf) have carried out 'enhanced DBS check' but not 'enhanced check with list checks'.

I want to get DBS check done for myself and my employer is ready to help me but umbrella bodies and DBS department says that employer can't carry out dbs check unless it is to do with employment. I work in accountancy.

I shall await to hear from you.

Thanks
Hi Xcape_24,

Can you please let me know which umbrella body did you use to get dbs check done?

Thanks

Hucklebee
Newly Registered

Post by Hucklebee » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:27 am

Hi All

Can someone explain the difference between the DBS check and applying for a Police Certificate via the acro.police.uk website

I have exactly two months before putting my application through and have only just started reading about DBS and Police checks..

I have also had a drivng offence myself getting worried that this may be an issue. I have stated this in another post and quite anxious to receive comments and any assistance will be most helpful and needed.

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:33 pm

Thought this thread might be the place to raise this issue:

On a rental car I was caught by camera driving 37 in a 30 zone. Rental company asked who was the driver I declared and was sent an official police form asking who the driver was. I declared it again and sent it with tracking number to police. Never heard back from them.

Should I do anything to find out? I was going to declared it in my cover letter

chiragpatel
Newly Registered

Post by chiragpatel » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:38 pm

Hucklebee wrote:Hi All

Can someone explain the difference between the DBS check and applying for a Police Certificate via the acro.police.uk website

I have exactly two months before putting my application through and have only just started reading about DBS and Police checks..

I have also had a drivng offence myself getting worried that this may be an issue. I have stated this in another post and quite anxious to receive comments and any assistance will be most helpful and needed.
If you are applying from within UK, you don't need to carry out either DBS or have police certificate. These checks will be done by Home office on your behalf.

I am not sure about the consequences of driving offences.

Hope this helps.

chiragpatel
Newly Registered

Post by chiragpatel » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:41 pm

seasky wrote:Thought this thread might be the place to raise this issue:

On a rental car I was caught by camera driving 37 in a 30 zone. Rental company asked who was the driver I declared and was sent an official police form asking who the driver was. I declared it again and sent it with tracking number to police. Never heard back from them.

Should I do anything to find out? I was going to declared it in my cover letter
I think you should chase this up and get it sorted ie pay the fine. If you haven't heard back from them doesn't mean the issue is sorted. Also, from your visa's point of view its best to declare with providing some evidence of the incident.

Hope this helps.

chiragpatel
Newly Registered

Post by chiragpatel » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:47 pm

Hi all,

I want DBS Enhanced Check to be done for me. As far as I know, this checks can only be carried out by an employer if working in special roles like working with children or vulnerable adults. In my case, I work in accountancy and hence my employer cant carryout this check.

Does anyone know if there is any other way to get DBS Enhanced check done?

Await to hear further.

Thanks

anoops1984

Post by anoops1984 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:11 am

Individual can only do a basic enclosure check. Please check the below text from gov site.
Who can ask for a DBS check
Only employers and licensing bodies can request a DBS check. Job applicants can’t do a criminal records check on themselves. Instead, they can request a basic disclosure from Disclosure Scotland (you don’t have to be from Scotland to do this).

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:05 pm

Would a speed awareness course (no points or court etc.) also need to be declared in ILR or naturalisation applications and would it affect the outcome?

Also, can a speeding fine abroad (rental in Spain) affect at all?

gahgahboo
Newly Registered

Post by gahgahboo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:39 pm

Didn't want to create a new post for the same thing. I've been following these forums to assist my ILR application and I'm happy to report that I have also been successful in obtaining ILR with a traffic offence sentenced by the courts.

My driving licence was endorsed 6 points and £500 by the courts in march this year. The actual offence (speeding - SP50) took place in april last year. so 24 months had not elapsed. Even though the sentence was issued by the courts, it does not form a person's criminal record which I believe is why I was granted my application. I mentioned my endorsement under the criminal convictions section and attached another letter explaining the above.

However, worth noting that my court case could've gone either way - a disqualification was discretionary. I believe the refusal guidelines specifically mention "disqualifications" as a mandatory refusal. I applied at the Crydon Premium centre.

Thank you all for your contributions.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:35 pm

You should always report in your own post rather than bumping an old thread :!:
Speeding usually does not lead to criminal conviction and therefore it is not recorded on the person's criminal record, so it has no effect on ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice