ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mirali33
Newly Registered

ILR Visa

Post by mirali33 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:01 pm

Hi,

In my ten years period in the uk i have a gap of 7.5 months boz i was away from here and that time i was not having a valid uk residence.can anyone help me for answering my quries..

1.can i apply for the ILR visa on a basis of 10 years period?
2.If iam not eligible which visa can i apply?

vinny

Re: ILR Visa

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:23 am

It's unlikely that you will be eligible when you have a gap of 7.5 months, breaking your residence. The starting period may be reset when you returned after the gap. Were there any compassionate reasons why you were late in returning?

What is your current status?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mirali33
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Visa

Post by mirali33 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:20 pm

Hi Vinny,
Thanks for the reply.

I did not had valid Leave to Remain when i left the Uk in 2009 Sep and again I entered in the Uk on may 2010 with new visa.
Currently i am on PSW Visa valid until end of may 2014 and i have completed 10 years in uk on Feb 2014.

If iam not eligible for the ILR on the basis of 10 years of residency.
Is any category that i can apply?