ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR: WP + 1 Dep, granted 14 nov solihull

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

ILR: WP + 1 Dep, granted 14 nov solihull

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:26 pm

Update : ILR Granted - 14 Nov - Solihull. Read my experience here

-------------------------------------------------

Could I use your expertise on my Cohab documents question:

Situation: Applying 2nd week of November, hopefully (my booking window opens on Thursday Sep 27), 5yr WP, zero out of country (staycation cheaper), same employer, both primary and dependent entered same date in Dec 2007. Children born UK, so not applying ILR.

Currently I have:

In both Names:
  • Mortgage Statement (issued annually, in August 2010, 2011, 2012)
    Life insurance letters (issued annually, in July, 2010, 2011, 2012)
    Other communications in both names (insurance co. and mortgage bank issued)
In primary applicant name:
  • Bank statements (last 6 months, plus intermittent for last 2 years) - this will accompany my Payslips to show my earnings per requirement
    Credit Card statements (intermittent over last 2 years)
    NHS communication (appointments, discharges etc, all issued during Nov 2011 - Feb 2012)
In dependents name (spouse):
  • Bank statements (intermittent over last 2 years)
    Credit Card_A statements (intermittent over last 2 years)
    Credit Card_B statements (intermittent over last 2 years)
    Driving licence - can this be included?
    Gas Bill - quarterly, online PDF - is the accepted?
    Electricity Bill, quarterly, online PDF - is the accepted?
    Council Tax bill (issued at beginning of Fiscal year)
    Car Insurance letter (issued Dec 2011)
My strategy is to cover 2 years beginning Oct 2010 and ending Nov 2012.

Am I correct in understanding that no more than one document from one source (bank account and credit card from same bank are separate sources) can be used?

Also, as WP, we are not technically required to meet the 2 year requirement (am I right?), but I want to prepare for a CW asking for full 2 years coverage worth of cohab documentation.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by wpilr_nov12 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:17 am, edited 5 times in total.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

rahuljagdale127
Newly Registered

Post by rahuljagdale127 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:05 pm

Hi wpilr_nov12,

In response to your query, I must say the documents you are providing are more than enough for your case. As you mentioned for Work permit holder, you do not need to provide COHAB documents from 5 different sources and covering 2 year period. If you want to provide them as an addition documentation then you can, but they are not necessary.
I got my ILR yesterday and my case was similar to you- 5 year Work Permit.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:54 pm

Thanks Rahul.

Still unclear - is printouts of PDF bills ok/acceptable?

rahuljagdale127
Newly Registered

Post by rahuljagdale127 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:54 am

Hi,

I took one colour and one black&white printout of my electronic bills, just to differentiate between Orginal and copy. I am notr if it was necessary but I did it to be on safer side.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:22 pm

Applying as 5 yr WP.

Set O Form, page 41, section 11B:
In addition please provide Your most recent payslip and your most recent bank/ building society statement. These must be dated no earlier than one calendar month before the date of the application.

I am applying PEO on 2 Nov (Fri). So I would be expected to show Oct salary slip, issued 31 Oct (Wed). Am I correct in this assumption?

This would have to be accompanied by a corresponding bank statement, but my bank statement is not issued until 18th of the month. So would I be OK with a locally printed/signed/stamped statement showing salary deposit on 31st October, which I intend to get on the same day (31 Oct). Am I OK doing this?

On a separate note, I get quarterly bonus, last paid in Sept payslip, so this would be higher than both Aug and Oct payslips. When comparing against SOC listed salaries, is the actual salary aggregated, or just validated against Oct salary slip in my case?

Thank you for your help.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:50 pm

1. Yes.
2. An ad-hoc statement issued by the bank / branch signed and stamped should be sufficient. If the ad-hoc statement is issued on the bank's letter-headed stationary then signature and stamps shouldn't be necessary.
3. The gross salary in the Oct. payslip should be at least at the rate reflected for the SOC that your employer will confirm in their letter (e.g. - if the relevant SOC states yearly rate as X, so your gross in the payslip you intend to use should at least be X/12).
Last edited by geriatrix on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:26 pm

if your bank prints , signs and stamps the statement then it should be acceptable. I am using one for next week as my statement don't arrive till 10 of the month. will let you know the outcome.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:15 pm

Thanks sushdmehta and innocentdevil. That clears up that.

New questions:
SetO form page 11, SOC section:

Number of hours this salary is based on: is this the SOC salary which is based on 37.5 hrs

Number of weekly hours : is this what my salary is based on , 40 hrs

Thank you

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:26 pm

1. The question asks for hours, not salary. The number of hours your salary (that you fill in the preceding cells) is based on, according to your employment terms and conditions.
2. The hours you are contracted to work for with your employer - per week.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:57 pm

Sushdmehta, #2 clear. However on your #1 above, the 'preceding cells', in order, ask for SOC code, current rate of pay on CoP per hour, - and current rate of pay on CoP per annum.

If my CoP salary is Per annum, then I write that amount in the third cell, and leave the second cell blank, right?

So the 'this salary' in the fourth cell refers to the fugures in second OR third cell, either of them off of the CoP. And CoP salary is based on 37.5 hrs. Or am I reading it wrong?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:10 pm

No, you are right. I was wrong.

I guess you'll end with the same "number of hours" in both the cells - the number of hours that the SOC salary is based on 37.5 hours per week.

Apologies!

panther80
inactive

Post by panther80 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:01 pm

I think there are two questions for the salary, the first one is hourly and the second one is based per annum. You just have to calculate the hourly salary multiplied by your contracted weekly hours and multiplied by 52 weeks, which will give you your per annum salary.

The question on the number of hours can be interpreted in either way. You write your weekly hours and in the second question you write the total annual hours based upon your annual salary.

My wife had an ILR appointment at Croydon today based on 5 yrs WP, and hers got approved, and we had filled the above information.

Hope this helps and good luck.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:52 pm

Thank you panther80 for your suggestion.

rbd06
Newly Registered

Post by rbd06 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:56 pm

panther80 wrote:I think there are two questions for the salary, the first one is hourly and the second one is based per annum. You just have to calculate the hourly salary multiplied by your contracted weekly hours and multiplied by 52 weeks, which will give you your per annum salary.

The question on the number of hours can be interpreted in either way. You write your weekly hours and in the second question you write the total annual hours based upon your annual salary.

My wife had an ILR appointment at Croydon today based on 5 yrs WP, and hers got approved, and we had filled the above information.

Hope this helps and good luck.
Hi Panther80,
I couldn't get last cell you filled,do you mean "say 40 hrs a week" that is 40x 52=2080hrs?
Please advice, as I have an WP appointment on 12th Oct
Cheers
Rbd06

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

WP ILR - SOC Codes and Salary cells

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:24 pm

rbd06 wrote: Hi Panther80,
I couldn't get last cell you filled,do you mean "say 40 hrs a week" that is 40x 52=2080hrs?
Please advice, as I have an WP appointment on 12th Oct
Cheers
Rbd06
If it helps you - I am not going to worry too much about those cells because (i) I know that I meet the SOC salary requirement, and (ii) I will leave those cells blank and get advice from the CW/PEO on the day itself.

Hope this helps you too.

rbd06
Newly Registered

Re: WP ILR - SOC Codes and Salary cells

Post by rbd06 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:45 pm

Thanks Wpilr_nov12.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:34 pm

One quick question - WRT SET O form page 40 bottom checkbox and note 5 just below it, would I need to include my partner's salary/bank statements (applying WP+1dep). Or is there any wisdom in doing so? Please advise.

Thank you.
(ps-just borrowing from another applicants question elsewhere here)

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:14 am

No.

Not required unless you have answered yes to Q5.4 (does your dependant give you money to maintain and accommodate you in the UK?).

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:46 am

My reading of Q 5.4 : the person/s in question excludes the husband and the wife. Only relatives. However to answer your question, ours is a joint affair (like many others) - dependent has direct debit for mortgage and utilities, I manage domestic and childcare.

These would be my answers:
5.2 yes
5.3 yes
5.4 no
5.5 no

Or would you say 5.4 should be 'yes'?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:53 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote: would I need to include my partner's salary/bank statements (applying WP+1dep).
No.

You have answered 5.2-5.5 accurately.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:23 pm

Thank you Sushdmehta for your help.

New question - photocopies -

1. Bank statements (those that run multiple pages) can be copied to show the name/address page and salary in page... this is to accompany the salary slips.

2. Cohab docs - can be copied showing the first page with name/address only.

Please advise.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:28 pm

1. Yes.
2. Yes, for such documents where there is no signatory. No, for documents signed by a person.

IMHO ...

selpouv78
Newly Registered

info

Post by selpouv78 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:52 pm

hi
the total hours they are asking is 37.5hrs x 52
that part should not include your salary, it deals only with the salary as per the SOC code.
the only place for to put your salary is on top where it says salary before tax.
also the hours you are doing is not important. but they might ask you what hours you work per week. you can play around the hours if sometimes your salary does not meet the SOC requirement.
also most importantly, your wages should be in the employer letter and payslip and bank statement

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:38 pm

New question:

My situation - dependent has direct debit for mortgage and utilities, I manage domestic and childcare

Page 47 of SetO form asks for consent from applicant. But my application pack will include several of dependent's bills etc for cohab purpose. Does the dependent not need to give consent for UKBA to request verification of checks, the same way the primary applicant does? Or it would be alright if the dependent co-signed in the bottom box of page 47, just to let both of us off of any 'deception' accusations..

Just trying to play safe.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:15 pm

sushdmehta wrote:...
2. An ad-hoc statement issued by the bank / branch signed and stamped should be sufficient. If the ad-hoc statement is issued on the bank's letter-headed stationary then signature and stamps shouldn't be necessary.
My bank (Barclays) will stamp on a 'kiosk' printed statement, not a company letterhead. I am hoping that is going to be acceptable.

Any thoughts?