ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave To Remain - Which application form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

leni08
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave To Remain - Which application form

Post by leni08 » Mon May 25, 2015 6:02 pm

I am from Namibia. I have been in UK for 11years legally. The visas I have throughout this period are as follows: Working holiday visa, Student's visas and currently on discreationary leave which will run out in Dec 2015.

Last year I married a british citizen man. Before I marry him we lived together for 3 years - Home Office aware of us living together at a time they offered me a discreationary leave.

I'm now considering applying for Indefinite Leave To Remain (ILR) but find the UK Border Agency information a bit confusing. I visited the local Citizen Advise Bureau but with no luck to information I needed.

My understanding is: I'm qualify to apply for ILR under a 'partner of a British citizen' and also being in UK legally for 11years . I believe no need for proof of our income? I should think due to my circumstances changed (being married) I can apply for my ILR early dispite my visa run out at the end of this year (Dec 2015). It cost £1500.00 I done the life in the UK test and obtained a degree taught in English.

I'm sorry this sounds abit like I know what to do but honestly I'm still need some help just to make sure I'm in the right direction.

Can someone please advice me which form I have to use to apply for that visa. Also, any thought about my circumstances will be appreacited.

Additional info: I'm not willing to extend for discreationary leave or a 2.5 years married visa.

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Indefinite Leave To Remain - Which application form

Post by CR001 » Mon May 25, 2015 6:14 pm

I think you can apply on the basis of 10 years long residence provided you meet all the requirements, limited absence, not break in continuity, etc.

The form is Set(LR) and you can apply in person at a premium service centre or through the postal route.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-15.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-15.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

leni08
Newly Registered

Re: Indefinite Leave To Remain - Which application form

Post by leni08 » Tue May 26, 2015 9:46 pm

@CR001 Thank you very much for your swift and complete reply. I found it very helpful and will be proceeding with my Indefinite Leave To Remain application.