ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview invitation to SET(LR) applicants

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cool mind

Interview invitation to SET(LR) applicants

Post by cool mind » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:27 pm

Hello board,
Few members who applied set (lr) application and now they are invited to attend interview at liverpool? I want to know that whether is there any new policy/instructions has been launched or its a mistake? I guess its a mistake but what you think guys?

cool mind

Re: Interview invitation to SET(LR) applicants

Post by cool mind » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:42 am

There is no policy of interview and i just received the email reply from home office about interview at below:

Dear Sir,

When considering an application, a caseworker needs to be satisfied that all the requirements are met before making a decision on a case, this can, but does not always, mean that there may be a need for an applicant to attend an interview.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards

Guys if still anyone of you or your familiar person who applied on set (lr) form and being asked for interview then share experience here.

ILRwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by ILRwaiting » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:39 am

Yup, we've got invited (discussing it in different thread here http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1070891

Will post here as soon went to the interview.

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:49 pm

cool mind wrote:Hello board,
Few members who applied set (lr) application and now they are invited to attend interview at liverpool? I want to know that whether is there any new policy/instructions has been launched or its a mistake? I guess its a mistake but what you think guys?
Hi, as I and ilrwaiting said, I have also been invited for an interview in LIVERPOOL.

I'm from Mauritius, live in London and 1st came to UK in April 2004. I made my ILR Application under Long Residence in May 2014 by post . For the last few years I've been dependant on my wife who also came from Mauritius in April 2004.
A couple of days ago, August 2014 I received a letter from the Home Office asking me to attend an interview in LIVERPOOL on 21st August .
I don't know of anyone else who's been asked to attend an interview, so why have I and ILRWaiting been asked to attend an interview and what kind of questions should we be expecting?
V

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:27 pm

cool mind wrote:Hello board,
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wp5xzog74x2li1/Interview.jpg
V

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:57 pm

We have already spoken and detected the reason in other thread about interview. Because you and your all family leads to settlement through a lot of routes such as 7 years child/you completed 10 years/your wife completed 10 years and you and your wife had already applied separately the long residence applications. In these applications nobody can include dependents or other person although in previous extensions you can include all family in extension application and they have all record. But now the caseworker is confused and want some clarification.
nobody ever been called for interview because the requirements are straight like 10 years passport, English certificate, liuk etc and if sometime spent as EU national family member than EU national treaty rights evidences. I hope it clarifies and if somebody has idea than share it here.

planet299

Post by planet299 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:02 pm

agreed above statement

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:49 pm

Universal soldier wrote:We have already spoken and detected the reason in other thread about interview. Because you and your all family leads to settlement through a lot of routes such as 7 years child/you completed 10 years/your wife completed 10 years and you and your wife had already applied separately the long residence applications. In these applications nobody can include dependents or other person although in previous extensions you can include all family in extension application and they have all record. But now the caseworker is confused and want some clarification.
nobody ever been called for interview because the requirements are straight like 10 years passport, English certificate, liuk etc and if sometime spent as EU national family member than EU national treaty rights evidences. I hope it clarifies and if somebody has idea than share it here.
Hello Universal Soldier,

Thanx for the support, but I do hope you understand that being called for an interview is being so rare that I am very worrying.
I so hope you guys are right.
Thanx again for your support.
V

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:57 pm

Donot worry as you and your family has almost 3 route to gain settlement. I believe its a minor confusion and after interview you will succeed. But kindly post back your interview here in same thread. Best of luck.

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:35 pm

Universal soldier wrote:Donot worry as you and your family has almost 3 route to gain settlement. I believe its a minor confusion and after interview you will succeed. But kindly post back your interview here in same thread. Best of luck.
Will definitely do.
V

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:02 am

Dear Members,
I have yet more questions.
Is there any chance I've been invited for the interview as they might have doubts about my English language certificate. I did it in one of those small training centre in East London, but it was ESOL.
Also, between 2010 and 2011 I lost the right to work but I still continued to work but I DID NOT mention this in the SET LR Form. Do you think they might have checked and if they ask me about this, what should I answer?
V

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:37 am

FEEDBACK FROM SET LR INTERVIEW IN LIVERPOOL

I've been to the interview on Thursday 21 August and I'm from London, took me about 3 hours to get to Liverpool and 3 hours back. £55 return journey by Virgin trains. Actual interview length 15 minutes!!!
Some of the Questions about English language test:
Why did I chose to do this test, Where did I hear about the test centre, How much did I pay for it, What did the test consist of, Did I book for the test myself, Did I take any course in order to pass the test, How long did it take to get my certificate, Was this posted or did I collect it.....?
Some Questions about Life in UK :
Why did I chose the test centre where I took the test, How did I book for it, How much, and How did I pay for it, How many times did I take the test before passing, What material did I use to help me pass, How long did it take me to complete the test....?

That's about it, no tricky questions or anything. The staffs there were really nice, and the guy who interviewed me was even nicer.
All in all, it went well...My interview was for 3pm, I got into the building at 13.50, did all security checks within 10 minutes and waited about 45 minutes to be called to be interviewed. I was out of the Immigration building by 15.10! Train back to London was for 18.50!!
Last edited by viganooriah on Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
V

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:46 am

Thanks for sharing experience. So means you were actually called because they have doubts about your English test.

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:54 am

cool mind wrote:Thanks for sharing experience. So means you were actually called because they have doubts about your English test.
@ CoolMind
Yes it was because of the tests.

In both my and ILRwaiting 's cases, we took our test via Learn Pass Succeed who's been filmed "selling" the English language test, but as both myself and ILRWAITING actually took the test ourselves, the interview was a piece of cake.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nship.html

http://www.emdqualifications.com/daily- ... in-london/
V

ILRwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by ILRwaiting » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:12 pm

Went to an interview in August. Still waiting to hear from HO. Waiting drives us crazy... Did anyone who attended similar interview (our was in Liverpool) heard anything from HO after the interview?

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:08 am

When did you apply ILRwaiting?

ILRwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by ILRwaiting » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:49 pm

fielddrive wrote:When did you apply ILRwaiting?
applied end of Feb 2014
all acknow. letters received ontime, tests passed, than called to an interview in Aug. Attended, now waiting.
I know someone from this forum went thru same process and also waiting.
Just wondering maybe someone went thru interview earlier and already got answer?

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:52 pm

ILRwaiting wrote:
applied end of Feb 2014
all acknow. letters received ontime, tests passed, than called to an interview in Aug. Attended, now waiting.
Just wondering maybe someone went thru interview earlier and already got answer?

If there is a silver lining for you then that's the fact you will be eligible to apply for naturalisation end of May 2015.

ILRwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by ILRwaiting » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:38 am

fielddrive wrote:
ILRwaiting wrote:
applied end of Feb 2014

If there is a silver lining for you then that's the fact you will be eligible to apply for naturalisation end of May 2015.
Could you please give me a link to some government site about it so I get get more info on it?

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:28 pm

ILRwaiting wrote:
fielddrive wrote:

Could you please give me a link to some government site about it so I get get more info on it?

Google Chapter 18 Annex B paragraph 7.5(g) of the Nationality Staff Instructions. It says:

7.5 Discretion to disregard immigration time restrictions in the final 12 months may normally
be exercised if:

(g) consideration of an application for indefinite leave to remain, made more than 15
months before the citizenship application, had been protracted through no fault of the
applicant, providing ILR was eventually granted. This can include applications for asylum
which have resulted in the grant of ILR (you should note that any asylum cases granted on
or after the 30 August 2005 will not result in ILR, applicants will instead be given limited
leave).

Protracted is interpreted by HO as more than 6 months taken to decide your application.

ILRwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by ILRwaiting » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:31 pm

fielddrive wrote:
ILRwaiting wrote:
fielddrive wrote:

Google Chapter 18 Annex B paragraph 7.5(g) of the Nationality Staff Instructions. It says:

7.5 Discretion to disregard immigration time restrictions in the final 12 months may normally
be exercised if:

(g) consideration of an application for indefinite leave to remain, made more than 15
months before the citizenship application, had been protracted through no fault of the
applicant, providing ILR was eventually granted. This can include applications for asylum
which have resulted in the grant of ILR (you should note that any asylum cases granted on
or after the 30 August 2005 will not result in ILR, applicants will instead be given limited
leave).

Protracted is interpreted by HO as more than 6 months taken to decide your application.

Thank you!! Still have to wait for that ILR...

K4

Post by K4 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:45 am

If there is a silver lining for you then that's the fact you will be eligible to apply for naturalisation end of May 2015.[/quote]

Could you please give me a link to some government site about it so I get get more info on it?[/quote]

be exercised if:

leave).

Protracted is interpreted by HO as more than 6 months taken to decide your application.[/quote]

Thank you!! Still have to wait for that ILR...[/quote]

That's what I was gunna say you still need ILR. I have done TOEIC in 2012 applied in august for ILR let's see. I did IELTS and scored 7 all around

ILRwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by ILRwaiting » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:53 am

fielddrive wrote:
ILRwaiting wrote:
fielddrive wrote:

be exercised if:

leave).

Finally, my wife got ILR! I'm still waiting but now relaxed a bit :)
Dear fielddrive, could you please advise.
I understand if my wife applied for ILR in end of Feb 2014, got it mid Feb 2015, according this rule you mentioned, she should apply for naturalization end of May 2015? Correct? How do I mention this law in Naturalization application so it wont get rejected?

ILRwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by ILRwaiting » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:30 pm

Just got all my answers on above question here http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 42426.html

K4

Post by K4 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:16 pm

ILRwaiting wrote:Just got all my answers on above question here http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 42426.html
Hi ILRwaiting

Did you and your wife went for interview? What was the reason for it?