ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Invitation to attend UKVI office for service of decision

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RQ024979
Newly Registered

Invitation to attend UKVI office for service of decision

Post by RQ024979 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:57 pm

Hi all

3 months after my ILR(LR) application was received, I received an email from UKVI that asked me to attend their office for service of their decision. In my opinion, my application was straightforward (10 years and 1 month of lawful stay at the time of application, current BRP valid until next June, never had any immigration issue). I kind of freaked out a bit when I received the email. I could not find much information about this on the forum either. Some people received similar emails but it seemed that their solicitors suggested them not to attend.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 20319.html

I could not think of any reason to not attend. So I went and fortunately returned. I thought some people might benefit from my experience. At least for me, the uncertainty was rather unpleasant. Therefore, I would like to share my recent trip to the UKVI reporting centre at Hounslow.

My appointment was 11.00am. I arrived there about 10.30am. I followed the instruction in the email and reported to a desk directly. The lady took my letter and asked me to wait. 10 Mins later, she took me to an interview room. I was informed there would be another security check. A security guy came in and took all my belongings away (my bag, wallet and phone).

Then I waited in the interview room on my own for over 40 mins! A different person eventually came in and said my ILR has been granted and they were returning my passports and supporting documents. I had to sign a form to confirm that I have received the documents. And that was it!! I went to pick up some documents. I now just have to wait for my BPR to arrive by post.

I had to go there to pick up a letter and my documents. The letter was actually dated 3 weeks ago. I do not understand why they asked me to go to pick up the documents when I included a pre-paid special delivery envelop in my application.

So that is what happened to me. I hope some people find this useful.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Invitation to attend UKVI office for service of decision

Post by bruteforce » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:14 pm

IMO they only wanted to confirm your identity, I can't think of any other reason.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:02 pm

I totally agree with Bruteforce... I assume they would like to confirm your identity. But you got the decision which is approval. Thanks for sharing and congratulations. :)

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:00 pm

RQ024979 wrote:Hi all

3 months after my ILR(LR) application was received, I received an email from UKVI that asked me to attend their office for service of their decision. In my opinion, my application was straightforward (10 years and 1 month of lawful stay at the time of application, current BRP valid until next June, never had any immigration issue). I kind of freaked out a bit when I received the email. I could not find much information about this on the forum either. Some people received similar emails but it seemed that their solicitors suggested them not to attend.

I could not think of any reason to not attend. So I went and fortunately returned. I thought some people might benefit from my experience. At least for me, the uncertainty was rather unpleasant. Therefore, I would like to share my recent trip to the UKVI reporting centre at Hounslow.

My appointment was 11.00am. I arrived there about 10.30am. I followed the instruction in the email and reported to a desk directly. The lady took my letter and asked me to wait. 10 Mins later, she took me to an interview room. I was informed there would be another security check. A security guy came in and took all my belongings away (my bag, wallet and phone).

Then I waited in the interview room on my own for over 40 mins! A different person eventually came in and said my ILR has been granted and they were returning my passports and supporting documents. I had to sign a form to confirm that I have received the documents. And that was it!! I went to pick up some documents. I now just have to wait for my BPR to arrive by post.

I had to go there to pick up a letter and my documents. The letter was actually dated 3 weeks ago. I do not understand why they asked me to go to pick up the documents when I included a pre-paid special delivery envelop in my application.

Thanks for the message. Its brave and hopefull for many people. But did they called you in detention centre? or do they wirte you any official letter by post or only email?

RQ024979
Newly Registered

Post by RQ024979 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:46 pm

They asked me to attend the service of their decision at the "reporting centre". They emailed first. A letter arrived about a week later. There was no process of any form of identity check though. The only thing I showed them was the printed email.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:13 am

RQ024979 wrote:They asked me to attend the service of their decision at the "reporting centre". They emailed first. A letter arrived about a week later. There was no process of any form of identity check though. The only thing I showed them was the printed email.

ok..thanks...you didn't do anything to kill your time to reach ILR. So your case is very straight fwd. :) i am asking people who pass their time through flr application to reach ILR they might having issues. just one simple question please; Didn't they asked you to bring legal representative if u want?

valhna
Newly Registered

Post by valhna » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:24 pm

My wife applied for FLR (O) 7 month ago. Month ago she received letter that HO want more original documents (kids British passports 6 and 9 years old, mine passport with ILR, more statements, property ownership etcetera), all was provided.
Two days ago letter arrived that HO considered her application and she need to attend office for service of their decision at Thomas Street, London next Friday 16/12/2016.

Also stated on the letter that they will allow applicants and appointed legal representatives only.

Many solicitors was contacted but no one can give a clear answer.
I have agreed with two solicitors that they will be on the phone and if something happens, they will be ready to action.

I'm attending with her and will wait outside and will update you all on Friday as what happened that mysterious day.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:00 pm

valhna wrote:My wife applied for FLR (O) 7 month ago. Month ago she received letter that HO want more original documents (kids British passports 6 and 9 years old, mine passport with ILR, more statements, property ownership etcetera), all was provided.
Two days ago letter arrived that HO considered her application and she need to attend office for service of their decision at Thomas Street, London next Friday 16/12/2016.

Also stated on the letter that they will allow applicants and appointed legal representatives only.

I have agreed with two solicitors that they will be on the phone and if something happens, they will be ready to action.

I'm attending with her and will wait outside and will update you all on Friday as what happened that mysterious day.
Which category of visa did your wife hold before applying for SET(O) :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

valhna
Newly Registered

Post by valhna » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:16 pm

Casa wrote:
valhna wrote:My wife applied for FLR (O) 7 month ago. Month ago she received letter that HO want more original documents (kids British passports 6 and 9 years old, mine passport with ILR, more statements, property ownership etcetera), all was provided.

Which category of visa did your wife hold before applying for SET(O) :?:
Descrestional leave to remain 3 years and she applied for the same as per HO advice.

JayB2016
Newly Registered

Post by JayB2016 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:28 pm

I have received similar email from the home office as well after waiting for 7months, and my solicitor told me i will be interviewed due to the nature of my case, my appointment is at eaton house in January, Please could you kindly update the outcome of your appointment on the 16/12/16. good luck to your wife and i hope all goes well for you.

valhna
Newly Registered

Post by valhna » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:45 pm

JayB2016 wrote:I have received similar email from the home office as well after waiting for 7months, and my solicitor told me i will be interviewed due to the nature of my case, my appointment is at eaton house in January, Please could you kindly update the outcome of your appointment on the 16/12/16. good luck to your wife and i hope all goes well for you.
Hi all,
My wife attended today HO at London Bridge and positive decision was given to her at corridor with all original documents including my and kids passports. Decision on her case was made a month ago, according to date on the letter. Officer said that plastic ID will be delivered up to 10 days to home address.
She stated that there was couple of people waiting for same thing.
This is new procedure and nothing to worry about if all done right.

Good luck all.

Jingls21
Newly Registered

Post by Jingls21 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:59 pm

Dear Members,

I have received the same letter, dated 24th of March. In this letter they have also invited me to come and collect the decision in person, this seemed a bit odd to my lawyers and they have advised me not to attend the appointment this Friday 7th of April. They have told me, that in their experience this looks like a refusal and they said that they might detain me with no right for appeal.

I have been in the UK since the age of 11 and now I am 22(23 this summer). I have been studying on a full time and completed the private educational route up until the Bachelor's degree and have decided to apply for an FLR (through the 10-year route) in the beginning of December 2016.

I have in that 10 year period, only flew back during some of the holidays and there were no major gaps apart from one 3-4 years ago which I have argued against and provided medical evidence stating the reason for my prolonged departure. Being here from such a young age and growing up in this country so to speak, made me more accustomed to the British traditions and their way of life. I barely have any connections left in my old country and can't really imagine what will I be doing in life if I would have to leave this country.

Well... Anyhow, lets get back to the topic.

So, I have after careful consideration, which included reading some post by fellow members in this web blog decided to attend this meeting. My question is to anyone who had experienced this procedure, what should I be expecting and what this procedure really is?

I would appreciate any information or advice as I am quite nervous and worried about Friday.

Thank you very much. :)
RQ024979 wrote:Hi all

sunymalik

Post by sunymalik » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:58 am

Well i can suggest you that you should definitely go and attend the interview......

there is no harm in it.....HO People are human they are not ghost........and they not gonna detain you.....there are many other ways they can detain you and send you back to your country its not difficult form them....but this is the process of application u should attend the interview and i am hopeful you will get positive response........good luck and relax.....thanks and byeeeeeee

JayB2016
Newly Registered

Post by JayB2016 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:49 am

Please do not attend the interview, you are going to be detained.. i was detained for 3 weeks after receiving such letter

Moon84

Post by Moon84 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:09 am

JayB2016 wrote:Please do not attend the interview, you are going to be detained.. i was detained for 3 weeks after receiving such letter
Hi JayB2016,
could you please give some more information why they detained you and what's your application outcome. thank you.

Moon84

Post by Moon84 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:10 am

JayB2016 wrote:Please do not attend the interview, you are going to be detained.. i was detained for 3 weeks after receiving such letter
Hi JayB2016,
could you please give some more information why they detained you and what's your application outcome. thank you.

JayB2016
Newly Registered

Post by JayB2016 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:24 am

Moon84 wrote:
Hi JayB2016,

my application for a reconsideration on my flr(fp) was refused and i was invited to get the decision, only to get there and be told, application been rejected, we have two options for you, buy a ticket now or we detain you. My advice for is You know your application better, if you think theres a loophole in your application, don't attend because the chances of you being detained is 99.9%