ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it true about the Letters of Absence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lemony

Is it true about the Letters of Absence

Post by lemony » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:36 pm

Is it true that the Letters of Absence from the Employers should be dated no later than one month from the date of application?

I had sent a few emails and received reply from a handful of my previous employers regarding confirming my absences. Although None of them agreed to do it, but still I have them in email. But they were done in August 2014 and I am applying in Oct 2014. So it will be more than 30 days before I am applying.

I shall be getting a letter of absence from my current employer in a day or 2, so that does fall within 30 days criterion.

My total absences will be not more than 60 days in 5 years.

Do you think that I shall be in trouble because of this? Or should I send another batch of emails to the previous employers and just hope for a reply (if not, put a personal statement explaining the leave in the cover letter).

Many thanks

lemony

Re: Is it true about the Letters of Absence

Post by lemony » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:46 am

Can anyone please help?

bhp

Post by bhp » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:02 am

Hi Lemony,

There is no such requirement anywhere in immigration rules that states that absence letters should be dated within a month's time of applying ILR. However it is better if you can. If you can't then that's alright.

The general unwritten rule is that if information is time based or periodically generated and can change with time, then a date stamp is required to know when it was generated.
In the case of an absence letter, the information inside the letter is static irrespective of when it will be generated. i.e. your absences in the last 5 years is fixed data and will not change regardless of when the letter is typed!, so I don't think the case worked will be bothered about the date of the typed letter.

Hope it helps.
BHP.

lemony

Post by lemony » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:45 pm

Thank you so much. It is logical that the dates of the letter should not matter (ESPECIALLY if they were for the previous employment) as that information is anyways static. We are taking a letter from the current employer closer to the date of application as that will give a true picture.

Hoping for the best.