ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is my baby eligible for British Passport or apply for Indian

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

srvuyyuru
Newly Registered

Is my baby eligible for British Passport or apply for Indian

Post by srvuyyuru » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:40 pm

Hello,

I am on Tier 1 General visa and going to apply for ILR in this September (5 months to go). My baby born in this February and we have not applied for Indian Passport yet, so I got few questions around on the ILR and citizenship, could you please shed some light?

1) Do I need to apply Indian Passport for my baby in this 5 months period to get my Tier 1 status?, we do not have intention to go to India in this 5 month period. I think we only need Indian Passport and my Tier 1 status for my baby if we are travelling to India, is this correct?

2) Can I directly apply British Citizenship for my baby after I get ILR? He will be 7 months old by September without any passport except his birth certificate. Is it legal to stay for that period without any status?

3) In the worst case I think I need to apply for his Indian passport to get my ILR status, what is the procedure to get Indian passport?

Thanks in advance for your views on this topic.

Regards,
RV.

nadeem toheed

Re: Is my baby eligible for British Passport or apply for In

Post by nadeem toheed » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:56 pm

srvuyyuru wrote:Hello,

I am on Tier 1 General visa and going to apply for ILR in this September (5 months to go). My baby born in this February and we have not applied for Indian Passport yet, so I got few questions around on the ILR and citizenship, could you please shed some light?

1) Do I need to apply Indian Passport for my baby in this 5 months period to get my Tier 1 status?, we do not have intention to go to India in this 5 month period. I think we only need Indian Passport and my Tier 1 status for my baby if we are travelling to India, is this correct?

2) Can I directly apply British Citizenship for my baby after I get ILR? He will be 7 months old by September without any passport except his birth certificate. Is it legal to stay for that period without any status?

3) In the worst case I think I need to apply for his Indian passport to get my ILR status, what is the procedure to get Indian passport?

1- If you are not travelling than NO NEED FOR,
2- Yes, when you got ILR than apply for Natuaralization for your baby
Nadeem

Thanks in advance for your views on this topic.

Regards,
RV.