ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is providing extra documents helpful for SET LR Applicants?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

apex221

Is providing extra documents helpful for SET LR Applicants?

Post by apex221 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:18 am

Dear all,

I am sorry if this question has been asked before but I really want some clarification and I was wondering if anyone could help.

I applied for 10 year long residency SET LR a month ago through a Solicitor.

I am aware of the documents required for the application which is very basic as:
All passport covering 10 years
BRP card
2 photos graphs
Life in the UK test
English Language test
and of course the astounding fee

Before submitting my application, I went to see 2 different Solicitors both of whom strongly implied that I should add more documents to prove my progression in the last 10 years in the UK such as certificates, payslip, letter from employers, etc. They all seem to think it makes the case stronger.

Of course I didn't provide any further documents as I didn't deem it necessary apart from my most recent DBS check which I thought might help UKVI to carry out the necessary criminal checks. I have to say that the solicitor wasn’t very happy about my decision but because it was my case is insisted on it.

It is really the case that we should provide additional documents to support the SET LR applications?
Or
Is it the just a simple case of Solicitors taking extra precaution?
Or
Does it really make a difference in some cases or any case at all?

I would really appreciate if someone could shed some light on this issue.I know it will not make a difference in my case but the question is really buggung me and often I seen posts from other members asking about the requirements so I really think it could be help many SET LR applicants in the future.

Thanks
Apex

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Is providing extra documents helpful for SET LR Applican

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:33 am

If you have provided the passports covering 10 years there is no reason to submit anything else. HO will write to you if they need more documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

apex221

Re: Is providing extra documents helpful for SET LR Applican

Post by apex221 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:29 pm

Dear CR001,

Thank you for your clarification.

Regards,
Apex