ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

just been refused ILR please help.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

slho6
Newly Registered

just been refused ILR please help.

Post by slho6 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:29 pm

I have just got my application back to day. they refused it due to I have left the country for more then 18 months, therefore it does not qualify as legal stay.

but for most of those years I was under 18 years. I am re-calculating the days that I was absent from the uk. It does not seem right of what they have quoted.

the letter also states that I cannot appeal due to i have leave to remain till 31st Oct.

what can I do please help me!

thanks

joh118

Re: just been refused ILR please help.

Post by joh118 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:08 pm

slho6 wrote:I have just got my application back to day. they refused it due to I have left the country for more then 18 months, therefore it does not qualify as legal stay.

but for most of those years I was under 18 years. I am re-calculating the days that I was absent from the uk. It does not seem right of what they have quoted.

the letter also states that I cannot appeal due to i have leave to remain till 31st Oct.

what can I do please help me!

thanks
Firstly, under what category did you apply for? I think you applied under the 10 year long residency didn't you?

Presuming you applied under long residency,

It doesn't matter whether you were under 18 at the time, if you stayed outside the uk for more than 18 months, it makes you not eligible. You have essentially broken your "Continous Residence"

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

There isn't much you can do i'm afraid. An option would be just to move on and switch into a different immigration category. but except that, no much. =(