ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Landing in UK 2 days prior to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

n8net
- thin ice -

Landing in UK 2 days prior to ILR

Post by n8net » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:04 pm

Hi,

I am going to be abroad for three weeks and will be landing in the UK two days before I am due to apply for ILR.

I will also be taking KOLL just two days before my current Tier 1 (G) is due to expire.

any problems with it ? hope I can do it ? any advice

thanks

Casa

Re: Landing in UK 2 days prior to ILR

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:30 pm

You're taking a risk leaving the KOL test until two days before the expiry date. You have to consider what you'll do if you don't pass.
It would be wise to take your completed ILR application form with you should you be asked on re-entry about your visa expiry.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:31 pm

hi thanks for the reply.

yes. i know it is risky..but beleive it is an easy test if you study the 3rd edition of the book ?

also,one of the reasons I hv to go, I am trying to get my wife english test for FLR (M) taken abroad as it is much cheaper .

WR1

Post by WR1 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:06 pm

n8net wrote:hi thanks for the reply.

yes. i know it is risky..but beleive it is an easy test if you study the 3rd edition of the book ?

also,one of the reasons I hv to go, I am trying to get my wife english test for FLR (M) taken abroad as it is much cheaper .
I think you may want to think carefully about this one. You need to consider the possibility if you don't pass the LIUK having left it so late. Also, other factors may come into play, such as being stuck in traffic and missing the test appointment, etc.. and not being able to take the test.

Are you planning to apply by postal application or PEO. The PEO appointment might be tricky one as you need to allow minimum 2 working days in between passing the LIUK and your appointment as for the time taken for the Home Office to receive the results electronically and be updated on their system. (Some test centres recommend a week in between to be on the safe side). If they don't have the results electronically, you won't be getting a decision on the day. If you don't pass, have you considered preparations for applying for an extension.

Have you looked at the English language acceptable tests (SELT). It has be completely changed, not just revised as for most of the old tests are no longer on the new list which has been heavily condensed (effective from 6 April 2015). The old tests will only be accepted until 5 November if taken before 5 April. Also some tests that don't appear on the SELT such as ESOL will only be accepted if taken in the UK.

I think you are taking a big risk for the sake of saving a few £££ on your wife's English test (I assume it works out cheaper including the cost of the flights).
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided