ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Language Requirement - Tier 2 Migrant !

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rizahidam77

Language Requirement - Tier 2 Migrant !

Post by Rizahidam77 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:45 pm

Dear Members,

I am due for ILR application in Mid December from Tier 2 Gen route. I switched into Tier 2 Gen from Tier 1 PSW based on Level 7 PGD (Diploma). On every extensions (most recent in Jan 2014 under tier 2 Gen) the English language requirement has been met clicking the option that (English Language Requirement Met in Previous Application) and got the visa without even sending my qualification details etc.

Now should I bring up with another English B1 level certificate to support ILR app? As Level 7 PGD is not considered at degree standards and even the PBS calculator doesn't give any English score on it. But I am working as admin manager since last six years and have got successful leaves from the home office !!! Where do i stand, your word is highly appreciated ...
R Solungi

apex221

Re: Language Requirement - Tier 2 Migrant !

Post by apex221 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:54 pm

Dear Rizahidam77,

When are you planning to apply? I am just intrigued to know if you extended your visa in January 2014.

I am slightly concerned that you might be calculating the 2 years on PSW to apply for ILR under Tier 2 ( I am just assuming here so please don’t take offence if I have got it wrong)

Kind regards,
Apex.

Rizahidam77

Post by Rizahidam77 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:17 pm

Dear Apex,

Sorry about confusion, In fact I will complete 5 years on Tier 2-Gen in Mid of Jan 2015 so will be eligible to apply for ILR keeping 28 days before rule in mind. I had the most recent extension on Tier 2 Gen in January 2014 which is last but not the least.And I referred to my former leave as Tier 1-PSW to comprehend sequence of leaves I have had alongside the language requirement fulfilled at each point of application.

Now question is whether do I still need to take a B1 level English test for ILR application? The only grey area to provide Level 7 PGD as English evidence is that it doesn't score 10 points when we check it on PBS Calculator. The only evidence I could see is my previously granted application and I believe ILR english standard is not higher than what english level required for tier-2 Gen visa !!!
R Solungi

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:16 pm

Rizahidam77 wrote:Dear Members,
Now should I bring up with another English B1 level certificate to support ILR app? As Level 7 PGD is not considered at degree standards and even the PBS calculator doesn't give any English score on it.
If your PGD level 7 certificate is not awarding you 10 points in PBS calculator and you don't have any other qualification which gives you 10 points for English language in PBS calculator than you must have to meet the KOLL requirement which is ESOL B1 Entry level 3 and Life in UK test.

here is detail
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... MASTER.pdf

and these are the acceptable english language course in UKBA.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _tests.pdf

Rizahidam77

Post by Rizahidam77 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:22 am

Hi Mr Malik,

Thanks for sending me with KOLL requirements. I had a detailed look into this, the only which needs a bit more clarity is copy pasted hereunder:

2.2 (b) the applicant-
(i) has limited leave to enter or remain in the UK, and
(ii) that leave (or a grant of leave which preceded it provided any periods of leave since have been unbroken) was given on the basis that the applicant had an English language qualification at a minimum level of B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.

Being a Tier 2 Gen migrant, I had extended leave 3 times and I trust the requirement of ENGLISH was met at B1 levels. Please correct if I am getting wrong on this !! one question can resolve the query...

Does the English Requirement level for Tier 2-Gen visa is similar to ILR?

Thanks alot.
R Solungi

Rizahidam77

Post by Rizahidam77 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:24 pm

Dear Board,

Under a separate note, I just found the level of English required for Tier 2 - Gen visa, I am coping the texts from Tier 2-Gen visa eligibility section:

TIER 2 Genral VISA
3. Knowledge of English
You may need to prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply.

You can prove your knowledge of English by either:

passing an approved English language test with at least CEFR level B1 in reading, writing, speaking and listening.
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/knowledge-of-english
R Solungi