ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LifeinUK test - scotland test centers ??? pls help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vidya

LifeinUK test - scotland test centers ??? pls help

Post by vidya » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:57 pm

Mods and others please help,

my husband and i went to the Edinburgh test center this morning to take our Life in UK test. My husband wasnt allowed to take the test as the name he had registered with was his first and last name whilst his passport and BRP have his middle name as well - i thought it was slightly pedantic but what can one do.

anyway, I passed so that was one down today at least. We came home and tried registering for another test date for him and it showed us no availability on the system (also someone there told him that the edinburgh center was closing) we called a helpline number for life in uk test and were informed 'all test centers in scotland are closing and sorry we cant advise further'... :shock:

anyone have any thoughts on this ?? any others in scotland approaching PR application ? this raised many questions in our mind on how the 'independence ' of scotland scenario is going to affect our migration status and whether the test centers closing is linked to that - anyone with any information or opinions, would be v grateful for your thoughts. thanks

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Re: LifeinUK test - scotland test centers ??? pls help

Post by Tier 4 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:38 am

vidya wrote:Mods and others please help,

my husband and i went to the Edinburgh test center this morning to take our Life in UK test. My husband wasnt allowed to take the test as the name he had registered with was his first and last name whilst his passport and BRP have his middle name as well - i thought it was slightly pedantic but what can one do.

anyway, I passed so that was one down today at least. We came home and tried registering for another test date for him and it showed us no availability on the system (also someone there told him that the edinburgh center was closing) we called a helpline number for life in uk test and were informed 'all test centers in scotland are closing and sorry we cant advise further'... :shock:

anyone have any thoughts on this ?? any others in scotland approaching PR application ? this raised many questions in our mind on how the 'independence ' of scotland scenario is going to affect our migration status and whether the test centers closing is linked to that - anyone with any information or opinions, would be v grateful for your thoughts. thanks
Well I gave mine on 1 May and passed on first attempted in Glasgow , the way they checks id's is ridiculous feels like in prison and we r morons.

Scottish independence ll have deep impact on immigration as SNP is very pro immigration party. And Scotland have just 5 million population where as England above 50 million.

This strange they said centers closing down now as even after independence more than a year transitional period.
N/A

alien.uk
Mood:

Re: LifeinUK test - scotland test centers ??? pls help

Post by alien.uk » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:10 am

I cleared the test last week at Edniburgh. I found 4 in my batch been sent back. That makes £200 profit for them :D , this is just for one batch and wonder how many of such cases thats happening on a daily basis!!

There used to be a center at Glasgow and I don't know why they closed it. If they close Edinburgh center too, then it will create all sorts of inconvenience for people in scotland.
Alien UK
ILR received - November 2014
Applied for Naturalisation - Feb 2016
Naturalisation Approval - Mar 2016
Passport Received - April 2016