ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

List of documents for tier 2 ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

docviv1
Newly Registered

List of documents for tier 2 ILR

Post by docviv1 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:09 am

Hi,
I've been in UK on tier 2 visa for last 5 years and 4 months now. My visa is valid for another 2 months and I'm going to apply for ILR in a couple of weeks. I would like to get some help with following topics please:
1) List of documents required for tier 2 general ILR: I've searched various places on this board, but couldn't find answer. I'm planning to submit the following:
SET (O) form
Photographs
Letter from employer with all details
Proof of absences
Most recent payslip and bank statement dated within 30 days
Life in UK test
English language proof
P60 for last 5 years? (based on discussions elsewhere in the forum)
Do I need to submit any more bank statements?
Any other documents?

2) Looking at the gov.uk website, am I not eligible to apply via premium service or have I misinterpreted this clause?
If you’re applying for settlement, your premium service appointment must be:

at least 48 hours after your Life in the UK test
within 28 days of you completing your qualifying period

If the above is true, am I not eligible to apply in person since I qualified on 01/09/2015 (5 years continuous residence since coming to UK)?

3) Also, another little query: Does my duration of stay on visa (5 years and 4 months) affect my ILR application in a negative way? I'm still on a valid visa (tier 2 general) which was granted for 3.5 years as an extension..

Many thanks in advance for your help..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: List of documents for tier 2 ILR

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:51 am

1. Docs look ok.

2. You have misinterpreted. You are eligible. What the 28 days refers to is that you can apply 4 years, 11 months and 2 days before the 5 years qualifying period.

3. No it does not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ILRplease
Newly Registered

Post by ILRplease » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:53 am

I've just done a Tier 2 application as well and please note that according to the Tier 2 Policy Guidance (Para 268) your employer letter needs to state that "you will still be required for the foreseeable future". My employer missed this in the first draft of the letter they provided as it is only required for Tier 2 applications so wasn't on the standard letter.

Also, according to section 12A/Note 4 of the SET(O) form, the evidence of your finances i.e. payslips and bank statements should cover at least the last 3 months.

Good luck!

docviv1
Newly Registered

Post by docviv1 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:44 pm

Thanks a lot for your comments. I've just booked an appointment at Croydon in a couple of weeks. My employer has mentioned that in the letter, thanks for reminding and letting me know about the requirements regarding pay slips and statements.

Unreal
Newly Registered

Post by Unreal » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:05 pm

Hi docviv 1

Could you please share your experience for Set (o) application? Also the documents u have mentioned in the first post are enough for application?

Many thanks in advance!

prajeeshppulikkal
Newly Registered

Post by prajeeshppulikkal » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:57 pm

Hi Docviv1,
In the documents you have mentioned about proof of absence. ? What proof are you submitting if you dont mind to share?
And also, is your English language proof a recent one , or the expired proof which you might have used previously for tier 2 ?

Thanks

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:33 pm

ILRplease wrote: Also, according to section 12A/Note 4 of the SET(O) form, the evidence of your finances i.e. payslips and bank statements should cover at least the last 3 months.
Hi can someone clarify this rule? Accordingly to my understanding, Tier 2 applicants going for SET (O) need to provide latest bank statement (1 month) and latest payslip, and that's what I am hoping to do.

I am also thinking of providing my recent P60. Have been with the same employer for the last 4 years and 11 months.

I am including the following documents

- Cover Letter
- SET (O) Form
- Letter from HR confirming SOC Code, Salary, etc
- Letter from Line Manager confirming absences
- 1 Payslip
- 1 Bank Statement
- 1 Life in the UK Pass Certificate
- UK Degree + Transcript
- Copies of previous visas, etc.

JoeLawerence2
India

Post by JoeLawerence2 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:10 am

silverchloride wrote:
ILRplease wrote: Also, according to section 12A/Note 4 of the SET(O) form, the evidence of your finances i.e. payslips and bank statements should cover at least the last 3 months.
Hi can someone clarify this rule? Accordingly to my understanding, Tier 2 applicants going for SET (O) need to provide latest bank statement (1 month) and latest payslip, and that's what I am hoping to do.

I am also thinking of providing my recent P60. Have been with the same employer for the last 4 years and 11 months.

- Cover Letter
- SET (O) Form
- 1 Payslip
- 1 Bank Statement
- UK Degree + Transcript
Payslip wise one month is definitely enough. For bank statements the Tier 2 part of the guidance asks for 3 months payslip which I also provided. Some caseworkers may not be fussy with requiring 3 months statement but the guidance says so and so it better to be prepared.

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:23 am

JoeLawerence2 wrote:
ILRplease wrote:
Payslip wise one month is definitely enough. For bank statements the Tier 2 part of the guidance asks for 3 months payslip which I also provided. Some caseworkers may not be fussy with requiring 3 months statement but the guidance says so and so it better to be prepared.
Excellent - many thanks - I'll include more bank statements then...

Is there anything else I should provide? I also included my confirmation from UKVI on previous two Tier 2 applications and copy of the CoS from my employer...Been with the same company since the last 5 years... and apply 27 days before completing my 5 years.. Should be fine right

Really stressed...

JoeLawerence2
India

Post by JoeLawerence2 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:03 pm

Nothing else is required, ILR by Tier 2 General route is usually a breeze so no need to get stressed. Even P60 is only optional, but submit it if you have.

Also I suppose your HR letter confirms that you are required for the job?

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:05 pm

JoeLawerence2 wrote:Nothing else is required, ILR by Tier 2 General route is usually a breeze so no need to get stressed. Even P60 is only optional, but submit it if you have.

Also I suppose your HR letter confirms that you are required for the job?
Yeah it says 'required for the foreseeable future', I also have between 50-90 days work related absences (plus some annual leave) so have provided a letter from my line manager outlining all of that...

The only other thing is my tier 2 started from 19th sept 2011 and I'm applying on the 23rd of august, that's 27 days before the completion of 5 years... It should ok right

Thanks a millio! :)

rka9b
India

Post by rka9b » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:55 pm

JoeLawerence2 wrote:
silverchloride wrote:

- Cover Letter
- SET (O) Form
- 1 Payslip
- 1 Bank Statement
- UK Degree + Transcript
Hi Joe,
Please could you guide me where in the guide lines its ask to show 3 months payslips for tier-2?
Thank you

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:55 am

Hi Guys,

Is it must to provide NARIC statement of comparability for non-uk degrees as a proof of qualification (not as a english proof ).

SET-O form has points for degree which makes me confuse.

Regards
Khurram

dayem98
Newly Registered

Post by dayem98 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:29 pm

Hi,

Just one question regarding employer's letter for ILR application through Tier 1 route! Does it have to be exact wording "... will still be required for the foreseeable future" in the employer letter for ? My employer letter says "... He has been in his current role since 05 January 2015 and he will be required in this role until at least 04 January 2018 when his fixed-term contract is due to end...." . Should I ask my employer to write those exact words in the letter?

Best,
D

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:53 am

Khurram545 wrote:Hi Guys,

Is it must to provide NARIC statement of comparability for non-uk degrees as a proof of qualification (not as a english proof ).

SET-O form has points for degree which makes me confuse.

Regards

Any luck for this query?
Khurram

togo
Newly Registered

Post by togo » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:48 pm

dayem98 wrote:Hi,

Just one question regarding employer's letter for ILR application through Tier 1 route! Does it have to be exact wording "... will still be required for the foreseeable future" in the employer letter for ? My employer letter says "... He has been in his current role since 05 January 2015 and he will be required in this role until at least 04 January 2018 when his fixed-term contract is due to end...." . Should I ask my employer to write those exact words in the letter?

Best,
D
Ideal wording would be 'His services are still required for the foreseeable future.' Actually there is no need to include specific dates in the letter about the date when contract expires. Make it generic as I have mentioned above.

I got my ILR based on this wording.

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:46 am

docviv1 wrote:Hi,
I've been in UK on tier 2 visa for last 5 years and 4 months now. My visa is valid for another 2 months and I'm going to apply for ILR in a couple of weeks. I would like to get some help with following topics please:
1) List of documents required for tier 2 general ILR: I've searched various places on this board, but couldn't find answer. I'm planning to submit the following:
SET (O) form
Photographs
Letter from employer with all details
Proof of absences
Most recent payslip and bank statement dated within 30 days
Life in UK test
English language proof
P60 for last 5 years? (based on discussions elsewhere in the forum)
Do I need to submit any more bank statements?
Any other documents?

2) Looking at the gov.uk website, am I not eligible to apply via premium service or have I misinterpreted this clause?
If you’re applying for settlement, your premium service appointment must be:

at least 48 hours after your Life in the UK test
within 28 days of you completing your qualifying period

If the above is true, am I not eligible to apply in person since I qualified on 01/09/2015 (5 years continuous residence since coming to UK)?

3) Also, another little query: Does my duration of stay on visa (5 years and 4 months) affect my ILR application in a negative way? I'm still on a valid visa (tier 2 general) which was granted for 3.5 years as an extension..

Many thanks in advance for your help..
hi , if you did not use ur degree as english knowledge
had you u been asked for your degree or you had to submit your degree to prove your qualifications?
Khurram

RJLK

Post by RJLK » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:25 pm

Best,
D
Hi Dayem98,

Have you got your ILR? I have the same problem as the employer wont be issuing me a letter with "foreseeable future" rather they will include the end of contract date. The contradictory is, i have only 14 days left in the employment after my qualifying period.

Please do let me know your help is highly appreciated.
Cheers,
Rj..

sach0709
Newly Registered

Post by sach0709 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:08 am

Hello,
Can anyone help with documents required for 'English language proof'?
Is my engineering degree cetificate enough as a proof?
I have bachelor's degree in Engineering from Mumbai University.

mspr335

Post by mspr335 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:11 am

you need either NARIC statement confirming English language proficiency or need to take english language test . please check www.gov.uk/english-language/overview for more details

Kaley

Post by Kaley » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:11 pm

For English language,I just check

If your degree is from UK university, You just need original certificate.

If your degree is from outside UK,

* Original Certificate
* Original letter from UK Naric or
* Original & official certificate from your University that degree is taught in majority English speaking Country.

I hope this is latest revision for English language proof. I have UK Masters degree so if I am right, I dont need UK Naric letter. I am submitting only original certificate from UK unveristy.

Correct me wrong, all forum users.

Thanks.

ssol
Newly Registered

Post by ssol » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:32 pm

RJLK wrote:

Best,
D
Hi Dayem98,

Have you got your ILR? I have the same problem as the employer wont be issuing me a letter with "foreseeable future" rather they will include the end of contract date. The contradictory is, i have only 14 days left in the employment after my qualifying period.

Please do let me know your help is highly appreciated.
Cheers,
Rj..

Hi RJK and guys,
I have a similar question, basically, I have been employed for 5 years and the contract will be finished by the end of 5th year and my employer will be happy to issue the letter saying that he needs me by the end of contract, if I apply lets say 20 days before qualifying period having 20 days left from my employment, the IRL will be granted or I will be refused?

Cheers,

bbreddy

Post by bbreddy » Mon May 08, 2017 8:00 pm

I was wondering what docs do we need to provide for the below? I was on tier 4 and PSW visa before tier 2 visa:

(a)
For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that
you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

(b) what all info do we need to include in the letter from a previous employer? Is there any succesful template?

(c) Do we need to provide any letter from the employer if we have not left the uk during the employment time with them?

(d) Should the bank statement(s) show any "minimum" funds? Does it matter if the rent (and other bills) are paid from a different bank account?