ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance fund required for FLR(M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shieldguy

Maintenance fund required for FLR(M)

Post by shieldguy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:22 pm

Hello I am living in UK on Tier 1 General with my wife as my dependenant I am applying for my ILR on July 2012 but because my wife is only in uk for last 1 year she had to apply for FLR(M) so she will apply after I get my ILR , also she will be applying with our new born child as FLR (M) dependent I need to know what Maintenance fund I need to show in my account for my wife FLR (M) application so that it will be enough for my wife and child.

I hope I am clear enough

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:56 pm

Unlike the PBS, you don't need to have or hold a fixed amount in your account. For a family of your size, the minimum requirement is a regular and consistent monthly net disposable income (after accommodation and council tax costs have been paid) in the amount of 730 pounds. In lieu of no regular income you can show savings.

shieldguy

Post by shieldguy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:57 pm

Hello sorry I didnt completely understand your answer, so please tell me what exact amount I need to save or show for last three months (not sure if its 3 or 6 months) before I submit FLR (M) application for my wife and our baby as her dependent

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:51 pm

shieldguy wrote:Hello sorry I didnt completely understand your answer, so please tell me what exact amount I need to save or show for last three months
Who mentioned 3 months? Three months is only relevant to PBS applications. As you will have ILR, your partner will be applying for settlement and is not governed by the PBS requirements.
Lucapooka wrote:Unlike the PBS, you don't need to have or hold a fixed amount in your account.

shieldguy

Post by shieldguy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:57 pm

My wife need to be in UK for 2 year before applying for settlement but because she is not thats why we need to apply for FLR(M) thats what the homeoffice people told us on phone also for FLR(M) what they say that I need to show the maintenance fund for my wife and kid but I dont know for how long and how much they are not clear about that

Thanks