ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NARIC English Language verification

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

my_user_name

NARIC English Language verification

Post by my_user_name » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:05 am

Dear Boarders,

I am looking to get my and my wife's degree certified with NARIC Visa and Nationality service for English language for ILR purpose. Should I get this done for Master's degree or bachelor degree?

Best Regards,

RRSB2012

Re: NARIC English Language verification

Post by RRSB2012 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:17 am

Which ever one is recognized by NARIC and was taught in English Language.

Assuming both are recognized and were taught in English, you can get either Bachelors or Masters or Both certified, its your choice. All you need is to Prove English Language skills at B1 Level.

Cheers
R

ratapita

Post by ratapita » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:48 pm

i am assuming, the degrees were obtained in another country? Sounds silly but it had me for a moment thinking that everything has to be validated by NARIC till i found it clarified in the FAQ section here. An the Statement of Intention tabled to parliament does mention it is only for foreign degrees.

my_user_name

Post by my_user_name » Wed May 04, 2016 2:10 am

Thanks for the reply. Yes my wife's degree's are from abroad.

Also, to clarify again - though, I provided the PBS printout for the english language proof of my degree on Tier 1 extension and was accepted but I still have to provide the NARIC cert for ILR.

This looks odd but may be this is how it is? Am I correct in my thinking?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 04, 2016 2:57 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

RRSB2012

Post by RRSB2012 » Wed May 04, 2016 7:52 am

Yes, You will have to submit either a NARIC Certificate or a SELT test certificate.

Dis-regard what you submitted at your last Visa renewal, there are new rules for English now.

my_user_name

Post by my_user_name » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:48 pm

Dear All,

I have applied for the NARIC English language verification with my wife's duplicate degree issued by the university as the original was lost. NARIC would add the following statement to the certificate

"Although no final certificate has been presented, evidence of successful course completion has been provided."

I have provided the marksheet and letter from the university that the mode of teaching was English.

Would this statement be acceptable to the home office for ILR?

Thanks,

my_user_name

Post by my_user_name » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:25 am

I will be grateful for some advice on this.

Thanks,

my_user_name

Post by my_user_name » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:55 am

Dear Boarders,

Could you please let me know your advice on this, if this statement will be acceptable or I should do something else?

Thanks,

arunsk

Post by arunsk » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:10 pm

I cannot comment on your question but NARIC only requires a copy of original degree for assessment along with transcripts and medium of instruction letter. You said original degree is lost, you probably have atleast a copy of it? You can simply scan the xerox copy and upload it for assessment.